OL Tanner Antonutti takes medical retirement

Wonder how many more years or decades people will say it was Antonutti. Because, you know, someone posted it on VN. :rolleyes:

I am sure that somebody who thinks it is Antonutti will post the video on here and say, "See for yourself". I did and it looks more like Cade's little brother with him than Tanner. When they do, decide for yourself. Personally, I DGAF what kids post online, but it is fun to watch these yahoos in the fan base make a federal case of it.

dang, that's a classy move...hey, who knows where this could take Tanner one day...

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

Classy compared to what? Either be pushed toward transferring or "taking" medical retirement. Standard Saban tactics, but I don't know about classy...

Classy compared to what? Either be pushed toward transferring or "taking" medical retirement. Standard Saban tactics, but I don't know about classy...
He could have been told "I'm sorry but you no longer have a scholarship, Bye". But he was given an opportunity to finish his college studies at The University of Tennessee, Knoxville and still be part of the team. He won't be on an athletic scholarship but an academic scholarship and an opportunity to be with the team as a student coach.

He could have been told "I'm sorry but you no longer have a scholarship, Bye". But he was given an opportunity to finish his college studies at The University of Tennessee, Knoxville and still be part of the team. He won't be on an athletic scholarship but an academic scholarship and an opportunity to be with the team as a student coach.

No, he couldn't. Can't take a scholly due to injury or illness. P5 athletes now have guaranteed multiyear scholarships.

Rivals article is a bit curious. Writer correctly says he won't count towards 85-limit. But it also says the university was granted back his "initial scholarship"?? No one else has reported this and I'm quite sure that's not correct. According to the bylaws he would have had to have never participated in any athletically related activities.

VN Store

Back