On Fleck and Franklin turning us down...

Not sure how you pass over Kiffin and Freeze for integrity reasons but back the truck up for a guy like Franklin. I don’t buy it

Amen! Franklin had a "mouth" problem when he was at Vanderbilt. Worse was the rape incident involving a player with some feeling Franklin attempted to cover it up. If our new AD White went after Franklin, then we have got the wrong AD that we desired.

Also note, that as of this morning, I am removing my name from consideration as the next head football coach at the University of Tennessee. I’d like to thank AD White, the University Administration and all of Vol Nation.

Thank you

Go ahead and do that, lessens the competition.

As for me, I am still trying to decide if I will accept the position if offered!! (at a lower salary than most)

Reactions: CPVOL
How many times do we have to go through these before some of you realize that money is the issue and it has always been the issue. We aren't going to attract a big name coach for 5-7 million barring some unforeseen circumstance. We are going to have to overpay especially given our present condition. UT has never been willing to overpay

The next breaking news we'll get is that Coach (insert name here) has removed his name from consideration for the UT job
(meaning that he was not selected by Danny White).
Shortly after that, the new head coach will be announced.
We've all seen this movie before.
Same thing happened with White being hired. Gilbert "removed" his name from the search and White was hired a few hours later.

I’m going to say this and it’s going to get hated but it’s the truth. Tennessee is the most damaged major brand out there right now in college football. You risk taking a step back in your career by coming here and now with what we did with Pruitt you also risk having your name ruined and not getting paid in the process.

I was all for having Pruitt fired but not paying him for him having the audacity to do what every other program in the country is doing to try to make us competitive? Also threw your own program under the bus in the “interest of integrity” aka saving money on his buyout.

So if you’re a desirable coach do you take a job in the toughest conference in college football with your hands tied behind your back with a depleted roster, probable sanctions, and already at a recruiting disadvantage vs the rest of your peers? I have no doubt someone will take the job but I doubt many with decent options are looking at us as an attractive location.

I agree with everything except most program's assistant coaches are handing out bands of cash. This was incredibly stupid and to get caught has put the roster in a major hole.

The kids aren't tied to UT because they love it, it's because these idiots were paying them. Which does beg the question where the money was coming from.

Just to think in the spring some of this momentum was due to cheating. Several fools were on the staff.

[
What are the odds that they turned down a rogue booster and not Danny White? Could our boosters be trying to line up a deal to present to the AD without his consent?

1. That’s a Fulmer-like move, working in the shadows to get what you want, and he’s gone!

2. If I’m a coach of interest to a program and this actually happened, it’s a red flag and I’m out.

Reactions: malibuvol and tbh
PJ Fleck has built deep recruiting roots into the south. He probably did not want to mess that up, he is very close to having a team that can compete with ohio state. Won't take much longer. I'm disappointed, but it's understandable.

The next breaking news we'll get is that Coach (insert name here) has removed his name from consideration for the UT job
(meaning that he was not selected by Danny White).
Shortly after that, the new head coach will be announced.
We've all seen this movie before.
We’ve seen the movie in which we end up with **** coaches?

Coaches are undoubtedly turning us down.

Turned us down? I doubt they were offered the job. This is what coaching searches do...Tennessee isn’t the only team this happens to.

Reactions: Border Vol

VN Store

Back