On Fleck and Franklin turning us down...

Don't know if he is coming here or not. But it does not make sense for him. He is making 10 million a year to coach what I think would be his dream school (He was born and raised in Pennsylvania). Coming to TN he is walking into a dumpster fire and has to play Bama, UGA and Florida every year. Not to mention dealing with NCAA penalties for a couple of years. Even if we double his salary, isn't 10 million enough? Rich is rich. It's not a logical move...........

Fleck, Franklin and their ilk are trying to leverage a pay raise from their current institutions by pretending UT was interested in them in the first place even though that ain't necessarily so.

We are building rumors on top of rumors!

I want to see proof that we even offered the job to those two. Then I want to see proof that they "turned us down"

Reactions: VOLanooga
What are the odds that they turned down a rogue booster and not Danny White? Could our boosters be trying to line up a deal to present to the AD without his consent?
It seems you have a case of 'Battered Vol Syndrome" and I guess it is understandable. The sky is falling. Everyone has turned us down. All the players are leaving. ESPN hates us..........on and on. Hey man, it's a chance at a new beginning. Let's get with it!!!!

What are the odds that they turned down a rogue booster and not Danny White? Could our boosters be trying to line up a deal to present to the AD without his consent?
I don’t but any of this. I have a feeling this search with White is going FAR away from the candidates being named.

Reactions: bpalmer28
It seems you have a case of 'Battered Vol Syndrome" and I guess it is understandable. The sky is falling. Everyone has turned us down. All the players are leaving. ESPN hates us..........on and on. Hey man, it's a chance at a new beginning. Let's get with it!!!!
I do but I don’t see how it’s connected to my post 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: dlravol2
Tennessee boosters not happy that there is a new sherif in town decide to go run their own search and try to undermine the will of the university president, chancellor and newly hired AD... Sounds like business as usual.

Reactions: 90 Vol
The next breaking news we'll get is that Coach (insert name here) has removed his name from consideration for the UT job
(meaning that he was not selected by Danny White).
Shortly after that, the new head coach will be announced.
We've all seen this movie before.

I highly doubt either were offered or turned us down, especially Franklin.

That’s my point. Could the reports be based on them saying no to a booster instead of White?

Didn’t some boosters try to line something up with Gruden without Currrie’s involvement and that’s how the Grumors got started?

what reports? by whom?

Look there isn't enough money to convince a real P5 guy to take this job. Both Fleck and Franklin have built a really good situation for themselves. I'm telling you in talking to a few coaches after our big camps in Atl, Detroit, and Nashville guys are laughing at how Plowman cm out and told on herself and the school per say. It was more of an embarrassing situation than we've ever had before. In becoming what we once were it requires what was going on and more. Similar to how all these schools build power houses. You buy high and then later you can pick and choose what you want. Many of you play naive and say CJP was a cheater or this school pays players. Well guess what all schools pay and have perks available. UT fans are the only ones whining in a pandemic yr in which only 3 teams in the conference won 6 games or more. Plowman is an utter embarrassment and her emotions and words have showed coaches they can't and won't be able to trust her in the wake of a NCAA situation.

Reactions: Perspective
Look there isn't enough money to convince a real P5 guy to take this job. Both Fleck and Franklin have built a really good situation for themselves. I'm telling you in talking to a few coaches after our big camps in Atl, Detroit, and Nashville guys are laughing at how Plowman cm out and told on herself and the school per say. It was more of an embarrassing situation than we've ever had before. In becoming what we once were it requires what was going on and more. Similar to how all these schools build power houses. You buy high and then later you can pick and choose what you want. Many of you play naive and say CJP was a cheater or this school pays players. Well guess what all schools pay and have perks available. UT fans are the only ones whining in a pandemic yr in which only 3 teams in the conference won 6 games or more. Plowman is an utter embarrassment and her emotions and words have showed coaches they can't and won't be able to trust her in the wake of a NCAA situation.
You’re the same guy saying that none of this staff was being broken up and Pruitt would be here for the next three years because your circle said so. All I’m saying is either your circle is really inaccurate or your FOS. Well see what happens.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Yep. I’m having a hard time grasping the integrity angle of passing on Freeze and going after Franklin who covered up rape.

Good grief, enough! Anonymous message board participation isn't a license to say anything you want.

Do you have any factual support for stating that Franklin "covered up rape?" Despite baseless sports forum chatter stating such talk, that is not what was ever found or reported by the Davidson County District Attorney General's Office. To the best of my recollection, the DA in Nashville went out of his way to publicly defend Franklin from false allegations of impropriety and stated, in fact, that Franklin never took part in a cover-up of any type. As I recall, at most, he lied to players about having seen the rape tape in an effort to emphasize his concern with what happened and he later admitted in a deposition that he never actually saw the tape. That's not a crime. It is a well-intentioned, but stupid, lie.

Not liking a candidate is one thing. Accusing a person of a crime without proof is quite another.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back