On Fulmer and kiffin from tos

it's a toxic conversation. on the one hand, i think there's a spot reserved in hell for Kiffin.

on the other hand, i believe 100% had he stayed, we would have taken control of the East for the next 3-5 years.

i also believe, now 7 years later this version of Kiffin is a bit different than the one we hired. not "complete make over different", but the kind of different that comes with some age, experience, and humility. leaving TN, to only get fired the way he did from USC....there's a lesson there. throw in a few years coaching under Saban...whilie i don't expect him to come out of that as a Saban clone, there's just no way he doesn't come out of that better suited to run a program than he was 7 years ago. he's got Pete Carroll and Nick Saban as his HC mentors. that's not a bad combination.

all that said, while i might be able to support the guy, i just don't think that move would be in the best interest of the program. it would be a very divisive hire. and i'm not sure that even if he won big, that it would be OK with some.

Well said

Well said

thanks. for the record, i don't believe he'll ever coach here again. also for the record, he will be a head coach soon, and i think he'll wind up being a very good one.

just hope it's not in the SEC.:thumbsup:

thanks. for the record, i don't believe he'll ever coach here again. also for the record, he will be a head coach soon, and i think he'll wind up being a very good one.

just hope it's not in the SEC.:thumbsup:

If he doesn't get one this year I think he is headed to LSU for a stop. He gets their offense on track and his stock will go up even more.

Really? Is that why he ran to the press room immediately after the game before the press got there. Is that why he only stayed for about 4 minutes?

WBIR Sports
‏@WBIRSports
Butch went to media room pretty much immediately after game. Most reporters weren't there yet. Took questions for less than 4 minutes

I watched his press conference after the Vandy game. Its available you can see it and those were lies by some of the press. He did not dodge the press.

Edit: Go to the Home page look down about middle ways under the "what Coach Jones said after the Vandy game"

Last edited:
We did not end of with Dooley because of him - we ended up with Dooley because of Mike Hamilton.

Kiffin did not hire Dooley - i dont understand why people have a hard time comprehending this.

Trust me he will be a head coach somewhere and succeed why not us?

It was two weeks before signing day. If it wasn't Dooley, it was going to be someone else destined to fail. I heard we could have gotten Brian Kelly. Maybe you should check out his record at Notre Dame this year.

Reactions: 1 person
If he doesn't get one this year I think he is headed to LSU for a stop. He gets their offense on track and his stock will go up even more.

yep, especially if Bama wins it all....again. nothing really left to prove there. go raise LSU back up, and you're right. he probably bypasses the mid major/non power 5 HC job, and rolls in to a power 5 job in 2018.

I watched his press conference after the Vandy game. Its available you can see it and those were lies by some of the press. He did not dodge the press.

Edit: Go to the Home page look down about middle ways under the "what Coach Jones said after the Vandy game"
yes. he did. he went to the media room immediately after the game, the local press hadn't even had a chance to make it down from the press box.

by they time they did, he was gone. he's never done that before.

by the way, i'm glad he did. it saved us all from the torment that would assuredly come from him having to open his mouth again.

Reactions: 2 people
Kiffin is low class scum that cheats and we do NOT need that stink on our program for any reasons.

I'd rather have the MTSU coach over kiffScum.

I'd rather cheer on Candy or alaBubba than kiffScum.

People here have lost their minds to even think about letting kiffScum anywhere near our program.

VFL...GBO!!!

I never realized how a loss to Vandy would make people so desperate and irrational. Hiring that piece of garbo back would be a MONUMENTAL mistake. Any person with a minute drop of sense should be smacked for even considering this as an option.

Reactions: 3 people
I never realized how a loss to Vandy would make people so desperate and irrational. Hiring that piece of garbo back would be a MONUMENTAL mistake. Any person with a minute drop of sense should be smacked for even considering this as an option.

that's the irony of this whole situation. 7 years ago, it was a monumental mistake. today, it would actually make sense, had we not already had the history with the guy.

if we hadn't ever hired Kiffin, and we're in the same spot we're in today....he'd be #1 on all our minds.

it's ironic. thanks Mike.

He ran USC into the ground, and they're just now getting out the quagmire this seson.

He was handcuffed at USC with drastically reduced scholarships due to the Reggie Bush issues. Not sure you can say he ran them into the ground. The penalties from the NCAA did a lot of the damage.

Even so, I'm not sure I'd want him back with all the crap that went down with calling recruits to not go to class, bolting and leaving us dry two weeks before signing day, and all the trolling he has done against us since then.

That being said, he is one h3ll of an offensive mind.

My God, we're trying to sleep our way to the bottom.....

We started with a NC winning coach in Fulmer who took us to the SECC the year before he was fired, jumped to the first " flash-in-the-pan" coach we could throw money at in Kiffin. He bolts under cover of night to USC where he proceeded to run the program into the ground. We replace him with Dooley, literally a "clearance rack" find of a coach who drug us to the brink of hell. Upon firing him we hire the next flash in the pan coach in Butch and we actually get bowl wins and sniffs at the SECC and we are actually talking about Kiffin again?

Does TOS still think Blackburn is in the running because everything I am reading this morning says otherwise, since Tennessee effs up everything it touches apparently. I hate the chancellor hire already.

News Flash: TENNESSEE IS NOT A TOP TIER COACHING JOB.

No one wanted it then and no one wants it now.

Herman turned down LSU and took Texas because he's comfortable in Texas and knew he couldn't take the pressure of having to beat out SEC West schools just to compete for the SECC.

Herman turned down LSU and took Texas because he's comfortable in Texas and knew he couldn't take the pressure of having to beat out SEC West schools just to compete for the SECC.

Herman turned down LSU because Texas is his dream job. He had admitted it before and he just used LSU to get more money.

He was handcuffed at USC with drastically reduced scholarships due to the Reggie Bush issues. Not sure you can say he ran them into the ground. The penalties from the NCAA did a lot of the damage.

Even so, I'm not sure I'd want him back with all the crap that went down with calling recruits to not go to class, bolting and leaving us dry two weeks before signing day, and all the trolling he has done against us since then.

That being said, he is one h3ll of an offensive mind.
Who was USC's tight end coach in '01, WR coach '02-'04, and OC '05-'06?

He helped run them in the ground and just about got us in a huge mess while he was here. Wake up people. He helped create the mess at USC that everyone says he inherited.

no, LSU said no to his counter offer. he wanted north of $6 million, LSU wouldn't do it. so he went to TX, where they did do it.

had LSU said yes to the $6+ million, he'd be in Baton Rouge, or at least he would have used that to squeeze more out of TX.

Who was USC's tight end coach in '01, WR coach '02-'04, and OC '05-'06?

He helped run them in the ground and just about got us in a huge mess while he was here. Wake up people. He helped create the mess at USC that everyone says he inherited.

Don't ruin this for them!😬

This analogy is tired and dumb.

We just don't know him like you do, he's totally changed, and would never do that again...right? It's impossible that he is trolling us too, because he would never do something like that...not to us, not again.

Butch needs to go but, Kiffin, really?

Reactions: 2 people
What's funny about kiffin....

I think he was apart of the Reggie Bush cheating

He got TN in hot water in cruitin

Now that he is at bammer....well he just turned into a choir boy in cruitin haha

Nope agent bought Reggie's mom a house like 300k when she was poor and no way could afford it. It only came out as Reggie didn't sign on with that agent when time to enter draft. So the agent outted the family arrangements. That has nothing to do with Lane Kiffin so I wish people would stop accusing him of that.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back