Orange and White Tennessee couch

I think you would need to have two, opposing checkered , just so you could have a favorite and have one for the wife.... GO VOLS!

My dad would totally buy that couch if he saw it. He already has a UT pool table and billiards light, so it would fit right in.

Awesome and yes! also to all you posers who dont or wont appreciate this, go ahead and turn in your fan card! :run:

It's been years ago, but last time I was at your house, I was jealous of your man cave. Very cool setup.

Sounds like a nice set up -- post some pics you can -- I like seeing stuff like that

Kiddiedoc, we're going to need to see some updated pics. Pronto.

This is Smokey's Sofa! It was unveiled at the basketball games this past season for students to sit in down on the floor during games to cheer on the Vols! It's been quite a hit for our students and super excited you like it too! You can follow Smokey's Sofa at @SmokeySofa on Twitter. It makes random appearances all over campus until hoop season!

Thanks for chiming in @rockytopdean and welcome to the board! I had no idea the couch made its way to basketball games, but that sounds like a fantastic idea.

Reactions: 1 person
Saw this yesterday. Apparently it's from the Dean of Students office. I must say, it would look really nice in my den.

Thoughts? A great addition to anyone's man cave, or no?

CJd52gjW8AAXKdt.jpg
Looks incredible but I'm pretty ocd about white.

yeah get wing sauce dripped on it and it wont come out -- thats the problem with white leather -- from the pic it looks like nobody is allowed to sit on it.

I'm suddenly seeing images of Georga Castanza and a certain Seinfeld episode...dammit.

In the late '90s I was living in New Orleans. Drove out east to an auto junkyard to get a part for my car. Walked in the trailer--I mean, office--and immediately knew the owners were VFLs. Even named their first-born Peyton.

I held my tongue about our orange commonality until I was sure we had the right part. While they were out back, it occurred to me: the first indigenous vol fans I meet in Louisiana and they own a... junkyard? The thought wasn't born of class-ism, just that awareness you get when you live away of how outsiders stereotype Tennesseans.

Anyway, I felt oddly relieved to later learn that they had come to Louisiana after they sold their junkyard in Florida. It made me feel better to know they were moving up in the world.

Hmmmm. Now I can't remember what inspired me to post my Louisiana junkyard story in this thread...

Oh. Yeah. :shades:

Last edited:
If your wife kills you for the getting the sofa, maybe she'll show some benevolence at the funeral and let you go out in style.

Reactions: 2 people
In the late '90s I was living in New Orleans. Drove out east to an auto junkyard to get a part for my car. Walked in the trailer--I mean, office--and immediately knew the owners were VFLs. Even named their first-born Peyton.

I held my tongue about our orange commonality until I was sure we had the right part. While they were out back, it occurred to me: the first indigenous vol fans I meet in Louisiana and they own a... junkyard? The thought wasn't born of class-ism, just that awareness you get when you live away of how outsiders stereotype Tennesseans.

Anyway, I felt oddly relieved to later learn that they had come to Louisiana after they sold their junkyard in Florida. It made me feel better to know they were moving up in the world.

Hmmmm. Now I can't remember what inspired me to post my Louisiana junkyard story in this thread...

Oh. Yeah. :shades:

Great story, Bruised, I enjoyed it.

Maybe they owned a couch. Doesn't even have to be orange and white, just any couch.

Just trying to help you find some segue, no matter how tenuous, back to the thread. :good!:

Great story, Bruised, I enjoyed it.

Maybe they owned a couch. Doesn't even have to be orange and white, just any couch.

Just trying to help you find some segue, no matter how tenuous, back to the thread. :good!:

Appreciate the help, VFL-82-JP. But in MY mind there was never anything tenuous about the segue from that couch to a junkyard! :)

I just don't care for that soul-less modern style--in the '60s or today. But gotta admit as a museum piece it would look pretty cool in a room with scale miniatures of the famous V O L S stadium signs from that era hanging on the wall behind it.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/240134-neyland-stadium-throwback-3.html#post11552755

If your wife kills you for the getting the sofa, maybe she'll show some benevolence at the funeral and let you go out in style.

Does that have a Smokey logo or a Power T on the lid? Otherwise the color is too loud for a funeral.:thumbsup:

VN Store

Back