Other head coach options (merged)

And I think has 2 postseason win of significance. And that was a Rose Bowl and Fiesta Bowl.

Also, people would hate his offense here. It would be a bunch of 14-10/10-7 games. We can definitely do better.

He’s only been good with Connor Cook. Also, he hasn’t been too good since Narduzzi left.

I'm a Chip Kelly guy myself, but other than him can you name anyone who has proven more over the past 8 years or so?

5, 11 win or better seasons in 7 years
6 bowls in 7 years
wins at outback, rose, cotton, & wild wings (0ver 7 years)
5 top 14 finishes: 6, 5, 3, 11, 14 (in 7 years)

Not saying he is the best, but who (that would/could) come to Tennessee has proven more?

His teams have also beaten some huge name and highly ranked teams.......something that Tennessee has not done in a LONG time.

I'm a Chip Kelly guy myself, but other than him can you name anyone who has proven more over the past 8 years or so?

6 bowls in 7 years

Not saying he is the best, but who (that would/could) come to Tennessee has proven more?

David Shaw has been just as good if not better

Last edited:

6 bowls in 7 years

His teams have also beaten some huge name and highly ranked teams.......something that Tennessee has not done in a LONG time.

Attachments

• 8831499E-C06D-4924-BF50-768905E47D44.jpg
    8831499E-C06D-4924-BF50-768905E47D44.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 2

I did say people who would come

Heck you could even put Saban on the list but he anint coming.

That is also my point...........to find someone you had to go find Shaw........not too many of those types out there and Mark Dantonio has shown himself to be one.

I did say people who would come

Heck you could even put Saban on the list but he anint coming.

That is also my point...........to find someone you had to go find Shaw........not too many of those types out there and Mark Dantonio has shown himself to be one.

That’s your problem. Dantonio ain’t coming to the SEC. Hell, South Carolina couldn’t even get him and that’s his Alma Mater.

That’s your problem. Dantonio ain’t coming to the SEC. Hell, South Carolina couldn’t even get him and that’s his Alma Mater.

it is not a problem for me.......I'm still hoping Tennessee will hire Chip Kelly.

I also think if Tennessee decided to make Mark Dantonio the 4th highest paid coach he would prob come........not a fact just my opinion.......just like your opinion that he wouldn't.

I was just trying to show that he has done a lot over the past 8 years......and that coaches like that do not grow on trees.

I guess they forgot MI St was 3-9 last year, and two of the wins were Furman and Rutgers.

No one has forgotten that, but with 5, 11 win or better seasons in the past 7.............there are few coaches that have proven as much or more.

3 conference title, 1 other division title
6 bowls
3 big bowls
5 top 14 finishes (including a 6, a 5, and a 3)

No one has forgotten that, but with 5, 11 win or better seasons in the past 7.............there are few coaches that have proven as much or more.

3 conference title, 1 other division title
6 bowls
3 big bowls
5 top 14 finishes (including a 6, a 5, and a 3)

First, Butch's future doesn't look good. He has an under performing defense - aided and abetted by an offense that doesn't give the defense time to catch it's breath. He has an offensive scheme that is truly offensive - a steamy pile of crap that worked in spite of itself because of Dobbs athleticism. He recruits poorly - great recruiting scores like great bargains that you don't need; and as a result, the parts don't match the system. And Jones apparently has no ability to reform a system that doesn't work in the SEC. There may be light showing through Butch's ears, but it's not at the end of the one tunnel that counts.

We may have a complete collapse like MI St did last year; we'll see. But when a program goes from successes like you point out to the bottom falling out at 3-11, that is cause for alarm; and, of course, the book isn't closed on either program this year. For the record considering top to bottom competition in the big10 and SEC, I'd say an 11-1 big10 team would be lucky to be 10-2 in the SEC and 9-3 wouldn't be a stretch.

For the record considering top to bottom competition in the big10 and SEC, I'd say an 11-1 big10 team would be lucky to be 10-2 in the SEC and 9-3 wouldn't be a stretch.[/QUOTE]

But ESPN says the SEC isnt that good.

For the record considering top to bottom competition in the big10 and SEC, I'd say an 11-1 big10 team would be lucky to be 10-2 in the SEC and 9-3 wouldn't be a stretch.

But ESPN says the SEC isnt that good.[/QUOTE]

depends on if in East or West....

Kiffen wasn't first choice. If I'm not mistaking didn't they go after muschamp first and then Fisher?

You're dead wrong. Hamilton already had Kiffin in the bag before fulmer was out the door. Kiffin came in right before he was announced for a face to face with Haslam, I think them playing golf together even made rounds on Vol quest.
Hamilton was sold on Kiffin and an all star coaching staff.

Muschamp was approached after Kiffin left along with Strong, gundy, Calhoun, and a couple more coaches.

For the record considering top to bottom competition in the big10 and SEC, I'd say an 11-1 big10 team would be lucky to be 10-2 in the SEC and 9-3 wouldn't be a stretch.

But ESPN says the SEC isnt that good.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but then ESPN says a lot of things.

VN Store

Back