Other head coach options (merged)

I've always liked Mark Dantonio's style of football. Pro style hard nose football. I'd love to have him here. With our talent there's no telling what he could do.Hes a no BS guy. Tells it like it is..

I've always liked Mark Dantonio's style of football. Pro style hard nose football. I'd love to have him here. With our talent there's no telling what he could do.Hes a no BS guy. Tells it like it is..

People on here think I just want an O guy.......when really I just want someone who can win big and win big games............and Dantonio can do both.

I totally agree, with the talent Tennessee pulls in he could be very dominant in the SEC East.

Didn't he have a heart attack a few years ago after beating ND with a fake field goal?

Bob Stoops, I know he has said he's not gonna be on a sideline anytime soon. But if I'm John Currie I test that. He's my number 1 guy. You throw money and control at him and keep giving him more until he takes it. If at some point then it's obvious he's not coming back then move to next guy.

Thus is my personal opinion but I don't believe he's done coaching. I believe he got tired and bored at Oklahoma. I think there was a dis connect between he and AD there. I think he wants a fresh start and change of scenery.

Think about this he basically won 10 games a year at Oklahoma for almost his whole time there. The east is weak, and come on we obviously have better resources, facilities, and Knoxville is much nicer than Norman. You put him here with our resources and we would win east Regularly. Plus he has beaten bama.

This is by far my best candidate. I don't think it's far fetched if the AD and boosters are serious. They need to treat this like bama did with Saban they wasn't taking a No, he was there guy period. Bob stoops needs to be our guy period!

Reactions: 1 person
The guy has had attitude problems but Bo Pelini won at Nebraska and was runner up at youngstown state last year . Just put in his contract if he starts back up with his swearing tirades he is gone with a reduced buyout, or he can stay at yougstown state.

Why,he wouldn't let them coach? It has to be his way only. That is why we are where we are.

Agreed, he could surround himself with whomever he wants, it will still be the same ole same ole. Zone read with no QB run, RB screen passes, and QB's who over throw or under throw their receivers.

Chaney and Pittman are close. Pittman wouldn't go to bama in part because Chaney wasn't included. Kirby Smart got both of them and they are doing magic down in Athens.

Agreed, he could surround himself with whomever he wants, it will still be the same ole same ole. Zone read with no QB run, RB screen passes, and QB's who over throw or under throw their receivers.

Look at how many coaches have been changed, there has been zero difference. The only thing that is happening is the team gets worse instead of better. Even really bad teams shows improvement every now and then.

Look at how many coaches have been changed, there has been zero difference. The only thing that is happening is the team gets worse instead of better. Even really bad teams shows improvement every now and then.

I agree with you. changing the coordinators isn't going to fix our "issues"

VN Store

Back