Penalty for bringing alcohol into Neyland

white65

On Thursday I got stopped for a pat-down at the gate. He felt both my front pockets and my wallet pocket. I had a small (2 shot ) bottle of Jack in my back left pocket. What would've happened if he saw that I was bringing alcohol into the stadium?

What happens if they catch you drinking inside?

Reactions: 1 person
On Thursday I got stopped for a pat-down at the gate. He felt both my front pockets and my wallet pocket. I had a small (2 shot ) bottle of Jack in my back left pocket. What would've happened if he saw that I was bringing alcohol into the stadium?

You have to share with whoever catches you.

Reactions: 22 people

At the gate, they just make you toss it. Never been caught inside.

Why are you asking this AFTER you already tried it and almost got caught?

Also, I'm not sure of the penalty.

Reactions: 2 people
Why do you need it inside? There's plenty of time before the game and plenty after to not have to worry about it.

Reactions: 5 people

State Trooper hauls you off to jail. Seen it happen several times.

Reactions: 10 people

Gas chamber

Reactions: 12 people
The only time I've ever seen someone get caught was at the Florida game a few years ago when GameDay was there... The guy and girl that he was with got caught with mini bottles in her purse.. they scanned their tickets and told them to kick rocks.. despite the begging and pleading as far as I know, they watched the game from someone's tailgate.. thought that was pretty harsh..

The only time I've ever seen someone get caught was at the Florida game a few years ago when GameDay was there... The guy and girl that he was with got caught with mini bottles in her purse.. they scanned their tickets and told them to kick rocks.. despite the begging and pleading as far as I know, they watched the game from someone's tailgate.. thought that was pretty harsh..

"Hey Charlie, I got two more in DD. What can we get for em?"

I used to know some of the police that worked the gates. They typically confiscate it and deny entry to the people smuggling it in. Later the police will sift through all the confiscated bottles and take anything they desire.

Reactions: 5 people
I seriously wish they would look not so much for the bottles coming in but for those that are falling down drunk. For their own safety and the safety of those around them, they need to be sent somewhere else. They do not need to be in the upper section of Neyland where they can tumble or cause someone else to tumble.

I really thought I was going to end up seeing someone either break their neck or send a young child tumbling on Thursday.

This may no longer be the case, but when I was in school in the late 90s, If you got caught at the gate (the most likely time to get caught), they would take your ticket and not let you in. If there happened to be a police officer nearby it could be a lot worse because they would card you and of course how many do you suspect were 21?

It's highly unlikely you would get caught once inside unless you were really unruly and someone nearby calls you out to an usher.

It helps your cause if you share 😆

Back in the day when UT fans were given cause to be loud and raucous because the football was good, some 40+ year old dude somehow landed a ticket in the the student section right next to me (back then students had actual student tickets which were not like regular tickets). Anyway, this guy had one of those huge plastic souvenir cups full of bourbon and coke and during a big play he attempted to cheer and being too drunk to realize he was holding this huge drink, he dumped half of it onto the girl sitting in front of us. She was hot and happened to be wearing white, so I was like hey that's cool, but she didn't see it that way.

Needless to say, that dude didn't get to see the rest of the game from the stadium.

Don't be like that dude and you'll be fine.

Reactions: 4 people
I would personally never bring a mini bottle into the stadium. But one of the guys I was with stuffed a mini bottle of jack into his crotch. Got through clean.

I used to know some of the police that worked the gates. They typically confiscate it and deny entry to the people smuggling it in. Later the police will sift through all the confiscated bottles and take anything they desire.

#allalcoholmatters

Reactions: 4 people
I know, I'm an old guy. I was a student in the old D Dickey days. I brought a whole 5th of Black Jack in (and drank most of it). Kept it under my jacket. Drove myself home. I'm ashamed of that now. Was having too much fun then. My GPA proved that. Then Dickey went to Fla. I drank even more. Let's just beat VT, then empty the bottles!!

Reactions: 2 people
4 Cincinnati fans sitting near me got tossed for it. They were pretty blatant about it though. They were in the stadium for maybe 30 minutes . Had to suck they were from cincy and had made the long trip. Also Guy at the USC 09 game fell down 4 rows Infront of me.

VN Store

Back