Please tell me Jones didn't say this...

Dumbass fan base. Any intellectual football mind can see progress in this team since the day he has taken over

I agree as does many who won't waste their time reading the negative garbage on social media from a VERY SMALL percentage of vols fans. Butch is our coach. He's doing a great job. Shut up and leave it alone so we can build! Go vols!!

I agree as does many who won't waste their time reading the negative garbage on social media from a VERY SMALL percentage of vols fans. Butch is our coach. He's doing a great job. Shut up and leave it alone so we can build! Go vols!!

Yep, ESPN and USA Today aren't criticizing Butch at all. Everyone is behind him. Sure thing.

Reactions: 3 people
All this staff can build is a big pile of crap the only difference is it's now coming from stallions and not old mares. "Brick by brick" must refer to some toilet troubles Botch is having.

Reactions: 3 people
This is kind of stupid. Are you going to parse every word he says from now on? I am not happy with Jones either but to go anal on every syllable is idiotic. He can't do anything right now. But, he said stupid stuff before but nobody cared.

Reactions: 2 people
Butch is causing a lot of his own suffering by continuing with his ill-timed, and ill-advised chronic diarrhea of the mouth. I'm beginning to sense he is a very proud, stubborn individual who doesn't like to be questioned. And he's short...may have something to do with it. Also he has little tiny baby feet., which has no real bearing on anything, I just thinks it's a funny fact.

This post should may be a top ten post in Volnation history

Reactions: 4 people
"Sometimes you see results that maybe outside people don't see because you're gauged on wins"

If so, I'm about ready to lose my mind. Why win when you can just prattle on about some nonsense regarding "progress",then tell everyone they can't see it, but I can?

Reading comprehension, you are not good at it!

"Sometimes you see results that maybe outside people don't see because you're gauged on wins"

If so, I'm about ready to lose my mind. Why win when you can just prattle on about some nonsense regarding "progress",then tell everyone they can't see it, but I can?

It's ok to just get close. You don't have to win. WTF is your problem?

But seriously...you're going to lose your mind over that? Come on bro....:loco::lolabove:

Butch is causing a lot of his own suffering by continuing with his ill-timed, and ill-advised chronic diarrhea of the mouth. I'm beginning to sense he is a very proud, stubborn individual who doesn't like to be questioned. And he's short...may have something to do with it. Also he has little tiny baby feet., which has no real bearing on anything, I just thinks it's a funny fact.

And he coaches like a 3 year old

Reactions: 1 person
Johnny Majors would be as forgotten as John Barnhill IF he coached in today's media world.

Excuse me for not celebrating Lyle's slight superiority over Dooley.

Yes we've made progress, but to leave it at that is intellectually dishonest. The truth is that our coach doesn't begin to compare favorably to any real, worth-half-a-damn coach.

A parallel can be drawn to patriotism. Yes we can celebrate the fact that America is better than Somalia and North Korea, but I like to compare us to first world countries, since that's what we purport to be. The reality in that case isn't pretty, just as Butch isn't worthy of leading this allegedly top-tier program.

Boom!

Butch frequently misspeaks. Usually most fans have been able to interpret what he says into what he means. But now, for whatever reasons, he is under the microscope, both locally and nationally.

I think UT needs to help him understand what he is really saying and to provide him a good PR liaison. He is shooting himself in the foot with some of his statements. That is not good for him or UT.

Butch frequently misspeaks. Usually most fans have been able to interpret what he says into what he means. But now, for whatever reasons, he is under the microscope, both locally and nationally.

Crazy how it's almost like a different language. One = two, decline = accept, kick team = goalline run... just crazy.

Love me some Butch! Can't believe how competitive we have been this year with such a young team!!! Keep it up coach!!

Crazy how it's almost like a different language. One = two, decline = accept, kick team = goalline run... just crazy.

You have the gift. So would you please interpret/translate the sentence that started this thread?

You have the gift. So would you please interpret/translate the sentence that started this thread?

Scientists have only been able to put together a few words and simple phrases so far. Still searching for the Rosetta Brick and the breakthrough it may provide.

I actually think he said what he meant there. Not sure it jibes with reality though. Sure seems like most units have regressed or at best have been flat to last season.

For instance, I don't think our W/L record is really skewing the performance of the WR unit (on and off the field). Would still be mystifying if we had won every game by double digits.

So I guess a kind of half-hearted appeal to Process that surely Butch can't even believe?

This is dangerously close territory to some Dooleyisms we heard. So close, making progress, seeing improvement, eternally young, lack of depth, etc. etc. etc. This team has been all freshmen since 2010.

Reactions: 4 people
Love me some Butch! Can't believe how competitive we have been this year with such a young team!!! Keep it up coach!!

This guy gets it. Sabah himself would be 2-3. Heck bowling green would have been a bigger struggle with anyone other than Butch at the helm.

yep about like Dooley

That's actually very true. Back then it was, "we were horrible in 2010! Now in 2012 we're so talented with Bray and Hunter and Patterson, who cares if our record sucks! Progress!"

Progress from rock bottom doesn't say much. We couldn't have gone any lower than Dooley.

Dooley was just as competitive. He mastered the art of winning yet losing.

James Franklin won 9 games twice in a row AT VANDY. In his first year, McElwayne has the Gators poised to win the East, with a team that didn't qualify for a bowl, a team that is younger than Tennessee's.

I truly believe that a lot of Tennesseans, be it lack of education, be it socioeconomic hardship, have an inferiority complex. We settle for scraps.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back