POLL: Was this a foul?

Was this a missed foul call on Zach Edey?

• Yes

Votes: 95 57.2%
  • No

Votes: 71 42.8%

• Total voters
It was a huge play that really shut the door on the Vols comeback try. No it wasn't a foul. However, we all know if the roles were reversed it would have been called a foul on Knecht. In 20/20 hindsight there were several other ways Knecht could have handled this that might have been a lot better, like kicking it to a wide open Gainey on the right. But in the heat of the moment, no one can really fault him,

Reactions: FragMcNasty
If there was a foul on that play, there's no way from this camera's angle behind the defensive player that we could possibly know. Wrong angle for making that complaint.

Decades of experimental proof says that we can't believe our own two eyes. We humans often "see" what we expect to see, even when it isn't there.
----------------------------------
Just for fun--not being a smart-mule...

Foul, not a foul, I don't care, I just want NC State to paint the walls with Purdue's blood.

Let their little regional trophy they filmed themselves taking back to Purdue be the tombstone for their stupid season.
I fear you may be disappointed. I'm in the camp that if we're going to lose, better to lose the eventual champion.

Reactions: BruisedOrange
I don't see how you can make any judgement based on that video. It is hard to see if they make contact or not since the action is on the opposite side of the floor and you can only see the backs of the players.

Reactions: EasternVol and sami
Everyone wearing orange other than Mashack was just standing in place watching Knecht on that play plus didn't follow him for the rebound. I would think with the time remaining they would fight for the ball or at the very least be able to foul quicker. Just my thoughts on the play which I admit could be wrong.

I don't see how you can make any judgement based on that video. It is hard to see if they make contact or not since the action is on the opposite side of the floor and you can only see the backs of the players.

It's the worst angle to make that call, and it's interesting given the plethora of cameras that we never got a replay from the other side.

Everyone wearing orange other than Mashack was just standing in place watching Knecht on that play plus didn't follow him for the rebound. I would think with the time remaining they would fight for the ball or at the very least be able to foul quicker. Just my thoughts on the play which I admit could be wrong.
They are standing outside like they do for anyone driving so the driver can kick to him if their defender helps. That’s what they are supposed to do. ESPECIALLY the ball side guys. Mashack did follow
but the shot never even got into a rebounding position.

Reactions: Jr_Vol#

VN Store

Back