POLL: Was this a foul?

Was this a missed foul call on Zach Edey?

• Yes

Votes: 95 57.2%
  • No

Votes: 71 42.8%

• Total voters
Why? If you think about the situation, that block was huge in the most critical part of the game. Down 4, 30 seconds left...if Knecht hits that, all the pressure immediately falls on Purdue's shoulders. Then you foul quickly and make them earn it at the freethrow line. Everyone in that game was exhausted and you never know what happens in a one possession game.
I'm not sure where you pulled this BS. "All the pressure falls on Purdue", they are ahead by 3 if Knecht makes it. All the pressure would be on the team down by 3, with less than 30 seconds, needing the other team to miss both free throws.

I'm not sure where you pulled this BS. "All the pressure falls on Purdue", they are ahead by 3 if Knecht makes it. All the pressure would be on the team down by 3, with less than 30 seconds, needing the other team to miss both free throws.

I would have loved to see how it could have played out. 10 seconds earlier Edey missed both free throws and the second one was an air ball. You’re right though. The lead was 5 and would have been cut to 3 had Knecht converted. However lots of time was left. 0:33.

Reactions: FragMcNasty
That angle is bad but there was another angle that showed Edey fouling with his lower body. It's been called all year on us but Edey gets a different whistle.

On one hand, I never want to play Purdue in any sport again but the bigger part of me wants us to schedule them and leave nothing but a grease stain of that stupid program.
I hate that program as much as bama and FL. I have never seen such classless and petulant MF'rs as Purdue Fans are.

That angle is bad but there was another angle that showed Edey fouling with his lower body. It's been called all year on us but Edey gets a different whistle.

On one hand, I never want to play Purdue in any sport again but the bigger part of me wants us to schedule them and leave nothing but a grease stain of that stupid program.
I saw it from a different angle to. Knecht was rising up until Edey made contact with him and then he stopped rising and went a little sideways. Body first then the ball. Size should not be the determining factor that people say this is a good block. There are still body fouls no matter the size.

As an aside, they called a 3 second violation against a South Carolina girl today. Just like a unicorn, I didn’t think those existed anymore but there it was. I almost fell out of my chair,

I saw it from a different angle to. Knecht was rising up until Edey made contact with him and then he stopped rising and went a little sideways. Body first then the ball. Size should not be the determining factor that people say this is a good block. There are still body fouls no matter the size.
You're only seeing what you want to see. Edey went straight up and Knecht initiated body contact with his jump into Edey. Edey is allowed to jump vertically to block the shot.

VN Store

Back