Positive Scout Article on our Offensive Line

I think this post targets the main question to be answered. If our tackles can hold up without constantly dedicating an end or running back we will be ok. I have read a couple of articles that suggest these will be the worst two tackles in recent history. If that's the case, our offense will be very limited and constantly in max protect.

Last edited:
Redshirt junior guard Marcus Jackson has been in Tennessee’s football program four years with five starts to his credit, so 2014 is not his first rodeo.

Redshirt junior center Mack Crowder has been in Tennessee’s program four years with one start to his credit, so 2014 is not his first rodeo.

Redshirt junior guard/tackle Kyler Kerbyson has been in Tennessee’s program four years and was voted Most Improved Offensive Player of the spring, so 2014 is not his first rodeo.

Redshirt senior tackle Jacob Gilliam has been in Tennessee’s program five years, performing so well in spring drills that he earned a scholarship and a Game 1 start at left tackle, so 2014 is not his first rodeo.

Freshman guard Jashon Robertson … OK, this is his first rodeo.

Scout.com - College and High School Football, Basketball, Recruiting, NFL, and MLB Front Page

Jashon is the most talented out of the group and he is only a true freshmen.

Reactions: 1 person
I hate to say it like this, but I was kind of disappointed in our line last year, so I'm not to worried these guys will be much worse.

If the rest of the groups last year operated at the same level as the O-line we would have won many more games than we did. Probably a quality bowl game, but we would have been playing in a bowl game for sure. They were definitely the team's strength.

VN Store

Back