Practice 15

It is unlikely Tuttle and KM start at the same time with #39 available. He's pretty consistently underestimated.

I agree, to an extent. He was a rock last season.

Trouble is, teams gashed us up the middle repeatedly with him there as the rock. Yes, we were rotating defensive ends, grounds keepers, and water boys into the other DT spot, but Kendall was still there.

So...it's kind of a mixed bag on his record. Stalwart, but maybe not Stand-out.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes I was going by the limited video and also by the past few years of going to games and seeing the players on the Vol walk. I was literally bigger than some of our linemen. I just got a feeling from watching videos and interviews that something just seems different about this year's team. Didn't try to imply anything concrete just a feeling. Sorry if it came out wrong KB wasn't trying to make an absolute statement

This team is very confident and is a tight lockerroom. Let other people believe whatever they want.

Yes I was going by the limited video and also by the past few years of going to games and seeing the players on the Vol walk. I was literally bigger than some of our linemen. I just got a feeling from watching videos and interviews that something just seems different about this year's team. Didn't try to imply anything concrete just a feeling. Sorry if it came out wrong KB wasn't trying to make an absolute statement

Didn't mean to flame, just seemed a bit premature. Your statement was fine, my bad.

Brady Hoke is a damn fine coach. Just not a head coach. Sometimes guys make excellent coordinators, but they get above their head when they go all to way to the top.

But as a position coach and coordinator, Hoke has won a couple of national coaching awards. I think he will be a huge help at our Dline and a great addition to our staff. Super good guy too. Win win.

Reactions: 3 people
Brady Hoke is a damn fine coach. Just not a head coach. Sometimes guys make excellent coordinators, but they get above their head when they go all to way to the top.

But as a position coach and coordinator, Hoke has won a couple of national coaching awards. I think he will be a huge help at our Dline and a great addition to our staff. Super good guy too. Win win.

He can't do much worse than the last guy, but if he does Butch won't be around to hire his replacement.

He can't do much worse than the last guy, but if he does Butch won't be around to hire his replacement.

Yeah. He coached Michigans defense back in the late 90's. Early 2000s. Won a natty with them in 97 as a Dline coach.

A lot of people don't know this, but Brady Hoke actually recruited Tom Brady to Michigan. Kinda weird to think about.

A lot more people don't know this, but Butch Jones co-recruited JJ Watts to Central Michigan. If I'm not mistaken, he played there for a season as a TE before he left to be closer to his family back in Wisconsin and try to play for Wisconsin (his dream school).

Last edited:
A lot more people don't know this, but Butch Jones co-recruited JJ Watts to Central Michigan. If I'm not mistaken, he played there for a season as a TE before he left to be closer to his family back in Wisconsin and try to play for Wisconsin (his dream school).

Coach?? Is that you??

Didn't mean to flame, just seemed a bit premature. Your statement was fine, my bad.

Didn't take it as flaming KB and yes it may be a bit premature. Just something feels different to me. It may not translate to wins but there is a difference,there's just something I can't put my finger on

Maybe I'm overthinking this, but I'm not sure I understand the point of running routes at what looks like 3/4 speed. Wouldn't that do more harm than good in terms of timing?

that was my thoughts as well - and it did seem as though several had to slow down for the ball

Credit that to Rock. He put an edge on 121. The sky is the limit.

With all due respect, how do you possibly know this? I seem to recall similar statements that were made last year & about the team looked "jacked". We know how they ended up.

I won't believe anything about this team until we play Week 1. So many unknowns...

With all due respect, how do you possibly know this? I seem to recall similar statements that were made last year & about the team looked "jacked". We know how they ended up.

I won't believe anything about this team until we play Week 1. So many unknowns...

I'm not going to get too excited until we get our invite to SEC Championship to play and beat Bama for the second time this year. Just saying. So many unknowns.

Just what I'm hearing from the player's interviews. They claim to be stronger. I choose to believe they know how to measure their strength and then compare to previous measurements.

They seem to speak with confidence about the process CBJ is selling.

You're right. I could be wrong. But that's the message I've been picking up from the players.

Tomorrow's practice is open to the media, starting at 10. CBJ and some players will be available for questions afterward.

VN Store

Back