Practice Starts August 17!

Which means a mask isn't very effective. We just need to ride it out. Healthy people go about their normal lives (yes, play sports too), obtain immunity, and let COVID fall on the ash heap of history. The longer we isolate, the longer it is with us.
Even healthy people become unhealthy due to the virus. We got no idea what the long term effects are with this stuff.

Even healthy people become unhealthy due to the virus. We got no idea what the long term effects are with this stuff.

Yes, it does happen, but normally healthy people who aren't over 65 or so seem to do pretty well. People under 40 do even better. People under 30 generally do excellent.

Yes, it does happen, but normally healthy people who aren't over 65 or so seem to do pretty well. People under 40 do even better. People under 30 generally do excellent.
I agree 100%. As far as we know people that get it but don’t get sick have no long term issues. The ones that don’t fair so well only matters to those that are close to them. For the rest of us they are just a number.

It’s a big hard world.

I agree 100%. As far as we know people that get it but don’t get sick have no long term issues. The ones that don’t fair so well only matters to those that are close to them. For the rest of us they are just a number.

It’s a big hard world.
WOW! That’s cold. Aren’t we talking about human beings here? Is compassion no longer a word?

If Mays eligibility isn’t announced by August 17, do we go ahead and let him practice?

It’s a big hard world.

o_O

So, Monday, my youngest son is first in the cue (6:15am) at Raleigh Ortho for back surgery to repair a couple of discs, my oldest son begins his final semester at WCU, and the Vols begin practice. Man,it's going to be a great day! Go Vols!

It’s a big hard world.
Get back to me with this BS when one of your loved ones gets it. That is if you have anyone that loves you. SMDH

Reactions: 08Vol
Get back to me with this BS when one of your loved ones gets it. That is if you have anyone that loves you. SMDH

I mean my wife got it...she's a loved one. I got it and I love myself...definitely loved myself more when my wife got it because she was so sick (with flu like symptoms). But she got over it just like I did and we have had no issues afterwards.

I wasn't talking to you. But I am glad you and your wife recovered and I hope you know you were lucky. Some people I know did not have your luck.

Reactions: 08Vol and FBtime

I know right.

It’s junk how some act like there’s nothing to this unless you’re old or already sick when we don’t know the long term effects on healthy folks that get it and don’t even know they had it.

When? Next time use if. Using when makes it sound like you are wishing it on me or someone I love, or someone that loves me, if that’s possible.

Reactions: Vol524
I know right.

It’s junk how some act like there’s nothing to this unless you’re old or already sick when we don’t know the long term effects on healthy folks that get it and don’t even know they had it.

When? Next time use if. Using when makes it sound like you are wishing it on me or someone I love, or someone that loves me, if that’s possible.
I would never wish this on anyone. That was not what I meant. One of my friend's son was 25 years old. He was healthy and his hobby was competing in Triathlons. He thought his allergies were acting up but just to be safe he went to get tested. While he was waiting on his test results he started to wheeze. He goes to the ER and they rapid test him. He tested positive. They admit him to the hospital. Six days later he is dead. His allergies were so mild he only took anti-histamines a couple of times in the Spring. If it can kill him, it can kill anyone.

I would never wish this on anyone. That was not what I meant. One of my friend's son was 25 years old. He was healthy and his hobby was competing in Triathlons. He thought his allergies were acting up but just to be safe he went to get tested. While he was waiting on his test results he started to wheeze. He goes to the ER and they rapid test him. He tested positive. They admit him to the hospital. Six days later he is dead. His allergies were so mild he only took anti-histamines a couple of times in the Spring. If it can kill him, it can kill anyone.
No worries. Often times a post out of context can be taken the wrong way.

VN Store

Back