Practice Starts August 17!

Today is the 17th and I am ready for thinks to get going. I just hope the players and coaches make wise decisions about how they live their lives during this pandemic. If they don't, the season will be washed away and many people will suffer. This is a big deal and I hope they don't screw us or themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Bad news is practices are closed due to virus concerns.
giphy.gif

Even healthy people become unhealthy due to the virus. We got no idea what the long term effects are with this stuff.
That's a bogus argument. We NEVER wait 20 years to see what the long term effects of new, potentially harmful things will be... not viruses. Not cell phones or new technology. Are we going to wait years to see what the potential side effects of these vaccines are going to be? At some point in this madness... people seem to have lost track of the fact that risks are a reality of life. Without reasonable risks and more importantly... the RIGHT to determine what is "reasonable" for ourselves... life would be as miserable as some seem to want it to be.

Last edited:
That's a bogus argument. We NEVER wait 20 years to see what the long term effects of new, potentially harmful things will be... not viruses. Not cell phones or new technology. At some point in this madness... people seem to have lost track of the fact that risks are a reality of life. Without reasonable risks and more importantly... the RIGHT to determine what is "reasonable" for ourselves... life would be as miserable as some seem to want it to be.

People argue over opinions, not facts(Typically. There are times when the validity of facts are in question or what are the facts.)

It’s fact that we don’t know the long term lung or heart issues that covid causes or doesn’t cause.

There are two ways to handle that fact that we can argue over.

1)Don’t know, don’t care so as long as you don’t expect to die from covid don’t worry if you catch it

2)I’ve got a lot to live for, so I’m going to be extra careful so I do t catch it. I don’t think it would kill me now, but if it kills me 5-10 years from now, my kids would be growing up without me and they don’t deserve that.

The right to choose in this case I agree with because it’s concerning my life. At the same time I’ve got to consider the collateral infections due to my decision.

People argue over opinions, not facts(Typically. There are times when the validity of facts are in question or what are the facts.)

It’s fact that we don’t know the long term lung or heart issues that covid causes or doesn’t cause.
And it is a fact that we do not know that any vaccine we're offered is safe and has no long term issues. We do have a pretty good idea that the unnecessary shutdown will cost FAR more years of life than Covid will this year. We also know that the damage due to substance abuse, depression, stress, relationship problems, child abuse, and other problems directly resulting from the OVERREACTION to Covid... will hurt people for the rest of their lives.

We don't know a lot of things that we take risks on. Sometimes we know next to nothing. However we can be pretty sure that only the small percentage who had Covid cases requiring hospitalization are at significant risk for long term problems. That is NOT generally these players.

1)Don’t know, don’t care so as long as you don’t expect to die from covid don’t worry if you catch it

2)I’ve got a lot to live for, so I’m going to be extra careful so I do t catch it. I don’t think it would kill me now, but if it kills me 5-10 years from now, my kids would be growing up without me and they don’t deserve that.

So you want these restrictions in place for at least 5-10 years for a virus that as of now isn't doing a whole lot of "damage"? Just so you can "feel" like you've been careful? Much of what is being done now in the name of "flattening the curve"... increases the likelihood that you catch it in 5 years. We should have protected the old. Dealt with "hotspots". Educated the public. Used technology to monitor and control viral load in key areas.

I posted a link to a "quick test" here the other day. Did you read it? There is literally a test that will let you know when the virus starts multiplying in your body. If distributed, people could literally quarantine themselves before becoming contagious. Instead, we are arguing about mask mandates and shutting down football.|

I have posted links to machines that will kill Covid before it is recirculated through HVAC systems.

Simply educating the public on what viral load is and how it is achieved would make us all safer.

Very few people are now dying. Other than a few "hot spots" hospitalizations have remained under control- an indicator of the number of severe cases. In fact, someone is FAR more likely to have an asymptomatic case than to be hospitalized.

Much of the early "long term" damage was very likely caused by misuse of ventilators by well-meaning doctors.

The right to choose in this case I agree with because it’s concerning my life. At the same time I’ve got to consider the collateral infections due to my decision.
As far as I am concerned, you are free to live in irrational fear forever if that's what you want to do. You are very literally fearful that we don't know for sure that unlikely delayed health problems won't occur. No one can truly live like the TV character Monk and be happy. If my choice is to take my chances with some unknown later Covid issue or live in fear and misery... that's just not a hard choice.

You can wear a mask or a space suit. You can stay at home and sterilize everything constantly. Honestly, I won't try to make you do it my way.

Just don't impose your fears on the rest of us.

You don't know what the long term effects are of a cosmic ray impacting you as you walk out of your home on the way to work. The constant hand wringing and over thinking something you can actually do little about, like a virus which is throughout this nature is unworthy of adult thinking IMO. There is no guarantee if you wear a mask in your own home and hide under your bed that you will escape Covid-19 and it's long term effects you know like cosmic rays.

You don't know what the long term effects are of a cosmic ray impacting you as you walk out of your home on the way to work. The constant hand wringing and over thinking something you can actually do little about, like a virus which is throughout this nature is unworthy of adult thinking IMO. There is no guarantee if you wear a mask in your own home and hide under your bed that you will escape Covid-19 and it's long term effects you know like cosmic rays.
I had to google the cosmic rays. Discovered in 1912, that’s more than 100 years ago. There is a chance we have a little more long term data on cosmic rays than we do on covid 19. I wonder if skin cancer is caused by them.

Get hit by a ray and you have to get that spot cut off 20-30 years later?

How long have we been dealing with covid 19? Compared to over 100 years, not very long at all.

I’m not sure why some get so mad at the folks that don’t want to catch it or spread it to others?

Are you saying there isn’t much we can do to keep from catching Covid?

VN Store

Back