Predict the MCB outcome

Who and by how much?

• Total voters
My prediction.

UT wins and fans are happy going into the off season. However (as predictable as the sun rising in the East) the cry babies will be upset that we won and say Neb sucks and this proves nothing and Fahr Butch.

That's the true sad reality.

That's always the case, isn't it. VN serves as a sounding board for those who need excess levels of drama.

Huskers go for 450 yds rushing and control the clock. TN gets 4 offensive possessions in each half and TN has two turnovers.

Huskers 45 - TN 35

That is how I see this game going unless Shoop can teach someone to tackle between now and Dec 30th at 2:30 pm.

GO Vols - I just don't see them winning against a decent opponent.

I think Dobbs will not let Nebraska win. Bain will be back (just a hope) to beef up the D-line and will have a solid game. Butch has been very successful at bowl game prep but, I question if his heart is still in it for Tennessee. In the end, it's: Can they stop Dobbs and crew and can we stop their running backs?
A lot of points will be scored but, Tennessee gets the train going and it can't be stopped.

Tennessee 49
Nebraska 35

Doesn't matter, we'll score 50+/-.

blanket response.... folks said this about Vandy....
I don't think our kids will be ready/focused for this game just like the last half of the season.... I think it all depends on whether we "show up" or not....

Hopefully the time off, and rest gets the defense healthy as possible, and ready to play.
Vols 59
Huskers 27

Huskers in rout.

Knowing that the offense will stall a few times and the D can't stop 11 nuns right now it'll be disastrous.

48-21

You'll butch is fired more than rocky top.

hate to say it but this may be a more realistic outcome... If Butch can't get the kids focused, it may get ugly . I like the nun reference...

Reactions: 1 person
Butch like the past 2 bowls will pull out all the stops against Neb....There will be some trick plays thrown in and will let the offense do whatever it wants since its just a bowl game...then we will all be pi$$ed because he didn't do that the entire season lol...Watch and see!

He had 2 wks to prep for SC and dropped the ball
He'll do the same here

And he's been actively shopping himself. What makes you believe he gives a damn about winning here?

"shopping himself" I am not arguing this statement. I don't look at sites other this one. Would you direct me to so articles that discuss this subject with some facts ? Thanks

Shoop has to do something with our LBs for this game. Tommy Armstrong cannot throw the ball, but he can run and our defense absolutely could not handle QB runs up the middle or read/pass option plays late in the year. For extended periods of time in the Kentucky, Missouri, and Vandy games a run up the middle by the opposing team was at least a first down.

The interior D-line being depleted has a lot to do with this, but we actually got healthier at LB with the return of Kirkland late in the year and played worse. Opposing offenses are opening holes in the interior of the line with ease, and for some reason no LB is there to make a tackle.

"shopping himself" I am not arguing this statement. I don't look at sites other this one. Would you direct me to so articles that discuss this subject with some facts ? Thanks

Be careful believing anything you read here. Information and speculation are totally interchangeable. Importantly, many people repeat and twist stories to conform to their narrative based on pure conjecture.

And, some speculation is so disconnected from reality to be laughable, if most people had any idea how agents work.

Looking at discussions here one could be lead to believe that Butch personally knocked on Purdue's door, and said "please let me coach here, I'll do anything". They slammed the door in his face, and as a tear rolled down his cheek, with howls of laughter heard from inside the house, Jones shuffled off like a dejected Charlie Brown.

Reactions: 1 person
Be careful believing anything you read here. Information and speculation are totally interchangeable. Importantly, many people repeat and twist stories to conform to their narrative based on pure conjecture.

And, some speculation is so disconnected from reality to be laughable, if most people had any idea how agents work.

Looking at discussions here one could be lead to believe that Butch personally knocked on Purdue's door, and said "please let me coach here, I'll do anything". They slammed the door in his face, and as a tear rolled down his cheek, with howls of laughter heard from inside the house, Jones shuffled off like a dejected Charlie Brown.

Poor Butch.

There's a thread on here for that.
He put himself out there for Purdue.
He had 2 wks to prep for a team that is worse off Tennessee injuries or not. Not only did the offense play poorly but so did the D and they only got worse.
Then he said "F the fans".

You really think he wants to be somewhere when he says that?

45 to 13 Tennessee.

And this will unfortunately make many fans forget how putrid this team was this year.

They played worse as the season went on, and Tommy Armstrong is a terrible passer.

When I look at the points they scored against bad P5 defenses, they scored 35 against Oregon, 24 against Northwestern, 31 against Illinois, 27 against Indiana, 27 against Purdue, 24 against Minnesota, and 28 against Maryland. Averaged 28 points.

They'll score at least that much against ours.

Hope we can hold them under 600 yards and 42 points. Their defense is actually pretty good. Gonna need Dobbs, Kamara, Malone and Jennings to be at the top of their game.

Hope we can hold them under 600 yards and 42 points. Their defense is actually pretty good. Gonna need Dobbs, Kamara, Malone and Jennings to be at the top of their game.

Jennings and Malone always seem to be at the top of their game, the real question is whether DeBord will actually take advantage of them and use them.

I have the feeling this is going to be ugly for us. We turn the ball over in the second half twice and give up 2 TD's off of those in a tied game...Vanderbilt all over again.

I hurt for these Vols....they deserve so much better.

Last edited:
Huskers in rout.

Knowing that the offense will stall a few times and the D can't stop 11 nuns right now it'll be disastrous.

48-21

You'll butch is fired more than rocky top.

Tennessee should make it a habit of playing good D.

Maybe Nebraska will not cross the goal line too often.

Truthfully, I hope the Huskers don't have a prayer.

(I apologize for all the punishment.)

VN Store

Back