Progress on Neyland Stadium construction?

They're not even going to do anything to the East side. It's amazing that these plans have drug on this long, keep getting pushed back, cost goes up, but there will still be so much left untouched.

I have to admit, if I could afford the luxury suites I would. I went to the AP game last season and it’s just cramped like a duck in a pen. You never know what you’re getting as far as neighbors 😆. Dude next to me was already so drunk, he was wanting to talk and love on everybody. His breath smelled like a turd out of water, his wife kept bringing him tall boys, he finally passed out on her right before halftime. The dude behind us kept screaming the F word and the P word at Milton the whole game (which I get it) but it was annoying and especially with the kids sitting around us.

They're not even going to do anything to the East side. It's amazing that these plans have drug on this long, keep getting pushed back, cost goes up, but there will still be so much left untouched.
What are you talking about? They’ve gutted the entire east side. It’s getting the same upgrades as the south end. That’s why the student gates were moved last year and why that section won’t be open for the O&W game.

No area of the stadium has been untouched.

What are you talking about? They’ve gutted the entire east side. It’s getting the same upgrades as the south end. That’s why the student gates were moved last year and why that section won’t be open for the O&W game.

No area of the stadium has been untouched.

What I'm talking about is the timeline for the project (most recently adjusted). I don’t see anything mentioned for the East side. If that's incorrect, great, but I don't know why nothing is said about the East side in the timeline. Seems like a pretty large omission.

Yes, I see the Gate 4 part, but that’s southeast.

Last edited:
Had to redesign the whole thing to include trans restrooms and install sanitary napkins disposal boxes in the mens rooms (actually saw those in the mens room at a local supermarket chain).
Does it bother you that you won't get to look over at all the peckers surrounding you in the troughs?

Reactions: g0d0fm15ch13f
Does it bother you that you won't get to look over at all the peckers surrounding you in the troughs?

The troughs are very efficient for those of us who don't give a darn. I still chuckle at the people who insist on waiting for a stall to open up. But then again, some of us grew up in situations such as the military where you'd get absolutely destroyed if you think you need a divider or stall to take care of business.

The troughs are very efficient for those of us who don't give a darn. I still chuckle at the people who insist on waiting for a stall to open up. But then again, some of us grew up in situations such as the military where you'd get absolutely destroyed if you think you need a divider or stall to take care of business.
I don't know about that, those were so dirty and smelly I didn't know if I was going to piss or puke!

I don't know about that, those were so dirty and smelly I didn't know if I was going to piss or puke!
Nasty restrooms were so bad that I stopped asking friends to go to games with me. At my age, I doubt I will ever go to another home game. I am still a huge fan, but I am getting too old to put up with fans and conditions.

Reactions: onevol74
In all my years going I have never been around a drunk belligerent fan or somebody wanting to fight. Now I have seen a few from distance and seen a few going into the stadium who could barely walk. I guess I have been lucky over the years. Most folks in Neyland are good folks there are going to be a few in any stadium. GBO

Reactions: CPA
Hell I’ve been lined up at the troughs when the stalls in the men’s restroom were being used by women because their lines we so long

I was assigned to Tent City at Andersen AFB for 4 months on Guam during Linebacker II working B52s to end the Vietnam War. Nothing like open bay toilets and sinks when everybody is trying to get ready for the day shift. Being on the pot with 20 other guys while 20 other guys are brushing teeth and shaving with their donks 2 feet from noses of pot sitters was not conducive to privacy. Less people on night shift I moved there just so I could most of the time offset my pot sitting from another guy's rearend in front which worked for me.

Trust me there were gyrations, sounds, faces made, and scents from open bay toilets in the military that were the cause for PTSD. Trough urinals after that is like a walk through a florist shop.

I was assigned to Tent City at Andersen AFB for 4 months on Guam during Linebacker II working B52s to end the Vietnam War. Nothing like open bay toilets and sinks when everybody is trying to get ready for the day shift. Being on the pot with 20 other guys while 20 other guys are brushing teeth and shaving with their donks 2 feet from noses of pot sitters was not conducive to privacy. Less people on night shift I moved there just so I could most of the time offset my pot sitting from another guy's rearend in front which worked for me.

Trust me there were gyrations, sounds, faces made, and scents from open bay toilets in the military that were the cause for PTSD. Trough urinals after that is like a walk through a florist shop.
Thank you for your service?

Reactions: CPA and krichunaka

VN Store

Back