Progress on Neyland Stadium construction?

The troughs are very efficient for those of us who don't give a darn. I still chuckle at the people who insist on waiting for a stall to open up. But then again, some of us grew up in situations such as the military where you'd get absolutely destroyed if you think you need a divider or stall to take care of business.
The only men, and I use that term loosely, who are concern about other men looking at their junk are the ones gawking at other men's junk

Didn't investigate further. Was disgusting to think we have come to that.
Even more disgusting is a personality so thin and sapless that they feel the need to make weird jokes about trans restrooms on a sports football forum.

I imagine you’re the type yelling “keep politics out of sports” yet here you are… annoying us all.

Reactions: jackaro and kcvols1
Even more disgusting is a personality so thin and sapless that they feel the need to make weird jokes about trans restrooms on a sports football forum.

I imagine you’re the type yelling “keep politics out of sports” yet here you are… annoying us all.
Nobody made you read it did they? Yet here you are commenting on it. Get your HairyBalls cut off and need sanitary products disposal yourself? Seems to be your time of the month. Bet so.

Reactions: creekvol
Nobody made you read it did they? Yet here you are commenting on it. Get your HairyBalls cut off and need sanitary products disposal yourself? Seems to be your time of the month. Bet so.
That’s the point of a forum. To read, write, and reply to the topic of the selected choice of said forum. This one is college sports, not politics.

Progress being made:

72399599007-kns-neyland-construction-0383.jpg

It is supposed to look like this when they are done:

CvDs5lIXEAAAQCF

In all my years going I have never been around a drunk belligerent fan or somebody wanting to fight. Now I have seen a few from distance and seen a few going into the stadium who could barely walk. I guess I have been lucky over the years. Most folks in Neyland are good folks there are going to be a few in any stadium. GBO
I remember the 2005 USC game where we had 4 USC older fans sitting in front of us. There was a drunk young male Vol fan about 2 seats in the next section over that was cussing them worse than a dog. Never have been so embarrassed to to be a Vol fan in my life. In my opinion, those USC fans have every right to disparage Neyland the way that kid was acting.

That was the game that Taco Foster fumbled at the goal line giving USC the win.

Reactions: berry4138
Any updates on Neyland that was noticeable at the the Orange and White game? Have they updated the sound system yet? Also, does anyone know if the walkway between the stadium and G10 parking garage will be open this fall so many don't have to navigate through G10 to get to the front of the stadium?

Reactions: murfvol1
Progress being made:

72399599007-kns-neyland-construction-0383.jpg

It is supposed to look like this when they are done:

CvDs5lIXEAAAQCF

That is an old rendering, back when they were expanding the south concourse 3 (circa 2018 or so). That rendering also shows a reworked steel structure supporting concourse 3 which isn't happening. They are expanding the south concourse 1 but nothing is changing with concourse 2 or 3 (they are adding a passenger and service elevator to access all 3 concourse from the SE loading dock area). The G10 ramp is still going to be there. The existing steel structure supporting concourse 2, 3 and the jumbotron will remain the same but they are strengthening many of the connections due to the concourse 1 expansion scope (hopefully it'll all get fresh paint but that isn't part of the scope at the moment unless UT is handling it on their end. The SW plaza won't have quite the monumental look that is depicted in the old rendering but it will be refreshed with new cladding at the entrance and around the scissor ramps at gate 11/12. The SW plaza are will actually be much nicer than what the rending above shows. It'll have terraced seating, with new landscaped beds. G10 ramp is getting some upgrades at the ground level entrance but for the most part it remains the same; The railings are suppose to get repainted. I'd share the rendering of the new SW plaza but it's not been released to the public yet. BTW, the SW plaza upgrades won't be ready until the start of the 2026 season.

That is an old rendering, back when they were expanding the south concourse 3 (circa 2018 or so). That rendering also shows a reworked steel structure supporting concourse 3 which isn't happening. They are expanding the south concourse 1 but nothing is changing with concourse 2 or 3 (they are adding a passenger and service elevator to access all 3 concourse from the SE loading dock area). The G10 ramp is still going to be there. The existing steel structure supporting concourse 2, 3 and the jumbotron will remain the same but they are strengthening many of the connections due to the concourse 1 expansion scope (hopefully it'll all get fresh paint but that isn't part of the scope at the moment unless UT is handling it on their end. The SW plaza won't have quite the monumental look that is depicted in the old rendering but it will be refreshed with new cladding at the entrance and around the scissor ramps at gate 11/12. The SW plaza are will actually be much nicer than what the rending above shows. It'll have terraced seating, with new landscaped beds. G10 ramp is getting some upgrades at the ground level entrance but for the most part it remains the same; The railings are suppose to get repainted. I'd share the rendering of the new SW plaza but it's not been released to the public yet. BTW, the SW plaza upgrades won't be ready until the start of the 2026 season.
thanks for the update... so will there be a walkway open between G10 parking garage and the stadium this fall or will it still be closed for construction?

Reactions: murfvol1
I went to the Tyler Childers concert Tuesday and parked in G10. Here are the pictures I took from the parking garage:
looks like there will definitely be a walkway/ramp up the side of the stadium between G10 and Neyland... so that'll be good. Hopefully it'll be ready to use by the first home game

VN Store

Back