Pruitt Post Game

I think was Johnny in 1990.... worst game I ever saw live......really there is nothing a coach can say when we suck that will make anyone happy.... fans will say it’s either excuses.... he is clueless.... throwing players under the bus..... in this off week.... he needs to fix the QB situation and our middle of the field defense... if he doesn’t it could snowball down hill in a hurry.

Phillip Doyle can suck a ****

I was at that game too

Is it just me or does the call in show only gets in about 4 or 5 calls in 45 minutes to 1 hour?

Reactions: GoBears
I think was Johnny in 1990.... worst game I ever saw live......really there is nothing a coach can say when we suck that will make anyone happy.... fans will say it’s either excuses.... he is clueless.... throwing players under the bus..... in this off week.... he needs to fix the QB situation and our middle of the field defense... if he doesn’t it could snowball down hill in a hurry.
It was the 2005 game at Tuscaloosa

This is my personal opinion but my leash is longer with Pruitt vs Dooley or Butch because both had never really done anything on their own as head coaches. Now Pruitt hasn't either but this is his first head coaching gig.

One thing I personally believe is that Pruitt had a better tree and environment to climb the ranks compared to the previous two coaches. I think being a DC at the programs he was at was better than being a head coach at LA tech or Cincinasty...... One thing I have learned (based on last year) is that I won't judge a some blunt coach like Pruitt mid season. If he was to go 7-3 or 6-4, given the first 5 games, I think Pruitt would be at the same or slight better shape than where he was as a coach that just went 8-5 and bowl game win.

The offense needs a major spark and we will see what Pruitt does with the bye week in terms of getting the offense turned around. In its current stance, this offense ain't scoring a lot of points.
Well, this defense isn’t stopping anybody either.

I am not happy however back off the ledge! Recruiting and talent is improving in every single position! Right now we are unfortunately starting deadbeat carryovers like JG, The Entire DL/OLB pass Rush, 9 Shittie TEs, our Offensive line coach etc..,
things are improving but slowly

Well, this defense isn’t stopping anybody either.

Secondary has issues for sure but the offense has done zero to help the defense stay off the field since halftime of Georgia game. I’d imagine it’s hard to get up on defense when the offense under JG has done nothing to help you out week after week

Secondary has issues for sure but the offense has done zero to help the defense stay off the field since halftime of Georgia game. I’d imagine it’s hard to get up on defense when the offense under JG has done nothing to help you out week after week
Secondary certainly has issues. Can’t cover me. Linebackers are terrible in their drops to cover over the middle. No pass rush from the line. Other than that the defense is spectacular.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
He's getting more ignorant by the week. I'm sorry, it is what it is.

If he works real hard he can catch up with the leaders on this board in a couple of years, but the embarrassment this group brings our school by combining arrogance with their wit and wisdom in a public forum is probably not attainable by coach.

Reactions: VFL1953
He just said to play at a high level in this league you had to have practice habits that the older players have and that the younger players don't. Said they aren't earning playing time in practice. He said this after being asked about Maurer playing.

We are lost at all levels from AD to water boys.
So Butch's players are practicing with intensity and his players are not????

What?!! Scored a total of 24 points in the last 10 quarters.....And in the last 10 quarters we've scored 3 offensive TDs and the opposing defenses have scored 4 TDs.

Butch level comment by Pruitt.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I was defending him at 0-2 & 1-3 last year.

If he trots #2 out against AK in a couple weeks I think I'll deep fry my own crow.

I thought our players gave up and didn't put out the effort against KY last week. As bad as it looked on defense, I saw the effort today.

Our guys were trying to knock the ball out & cause fumbles before making tackles. B. Young got burned deep at the goaline trying to make a pic instead of knocking the ball down. I saw a few other DB's do that in the second half.

I don't think they're that undisciplined so much as they're becoming desperate. They don't trust the offense to come back and keep them in the game anymore and are desperately trying to make plays.

It's spiraling & Pruitt has got to be able to see it . . . . . . . . if he wants to have a chance at success.

Our roster is not devoid of talent and I desperately don't want to go through the inevitable roster purge coaching changes bring.

This right here. Much like under Butch with JG at QB, the defense doesn't have confidence in him. Because of that, they either try to hard, or get wore down.

Until a leader emerges at QB that can at the very least manage games, we are stuck in the same quagmire we were in the the last years under Butch.

In a week where, if you were going to fire someone......maybe it would be a defensive coach.......I wouldn’t be surprised if he fired the WR’s coach tomorrow.

It doesn’t help when you open the game with a hurry up and give Bama the ball back strategy. As for JG looking good in practice. That’s just another testament to our defense...

It doesn’t help when you open the game with a hurry up and give Bama the ball back strategy. As for JG looking good in practice. That’s just another testament to our defense...

Another pet peeve of mine. If you are hiking the ball with more than 5 seconds on the play clock, then you've spent about 2 minutes all week thinking about game strategy.

Tennessee does not have a 220-225 pound running back like 22 for Alabama.

Hyatt was able to get behind the defense today for a couple of long gains and a td and he has earned more playing time.

Defense was left too long on the field again today (UT offense is ranked 13th in SEC in time of possesion this season.)

This bye week comes at an excellent time.

Reactions: 4chrissy
He also said at the presser "I assure you" in regards to him saying the gap is closing between us and Bama. Also "it might not show on the scoreboard today". Nice to know we have his assurance that we're getting so much better and that we shouldn't pay attention to the scoreboard. My gawd. What a friggin dumpster fire.

VN Store

Back