QB Problem?????

First off Mr. Bain... I got a new phone I got a new phone I swear!... I'm not responsible for technology!

Secondly... we got a lot more then 3 QB's guys. Remember the kid that transferred from Cali? I think we have like 6 viable qb on the roster if you count commits right now!

Telephone! Telephone!!
You can use a telephone to do this??
I hear you can even use these new things to TALK to someone. Haven't even learned how to use all the new fangled things my razor phone can do. May someday learn how to find a text msg. from one of my grandkids. Who by the way get "outdone" with me about this and my not being able to send and receive pics.
Wonders, wonders....

They do when they choose to be part of a big time program. Maybe when we allow ourselves to think that way about ours, we can accept that winning mentality.

Maybe there are many who DO transfer from big time programs, i.e. Florida State, Alabama as evidenced by the last several years.

Coker? The graduate transfer who had to sit for a year anyway because he didn't win the job at Bama? Didn't he transfer after the RS freshman beat him out THEN won the Heisman? Are you looking at a database that has the guaranteed worst examples to use on a message board post? :)

Why you so hard on me butchna?

You (n)ust like picking on lil ole me, don't you?

I hope JG don't transfer. I'm excited to see him take over. Rather if it's this year, next or two years from now.

This. I think JG can be a special kind of quarterback, if brought along. He reminds me of a young, raw Tony Robinson.

Last edited:
Maybe there are many who DO transfer from big time programs, i.e. Florida State, Alabama as evidenced by the last several years.

And there are "many" on those rosters. As is USC. Darnold got beat out by Browne before last season iirc. Now he has a different kind of decision to make after this season. Should Hurts transfer to ward off Tua? If you have a program worthy of the players...you'll have the players.

I just watched Will McBride's film for the first time. I was very surprised. He's a baller. He reminds me of Eric Crouch from the 90's at Nebraska. He's tough, he's got that 6th sense of being able to get out of a jam while scrambling (like Dobbs), he's a really good runner with some speed and agility, and he's got an accurate arm (he's one up on Crouch in that regard).

I've seen threads on here about playing two QB's. Let's face it, when good QB's don't get to play these days, they transfer. There's no sitting behind the #1 guy and waiting it out any more. Let's face also the fact, that Butch and staff are playing this thing out to the hilt to keep one of their QB's from transferring. I don't believe in the two QB system and same goes for 90% of coaches and I seriously don't think Butch does either.

With McBride waiting in the wings, I think we're going to be good either way. Even if for example, QD is named QB, and JG transfers, we will have a good QB in queue in case QD is injured. As far as him being freshman? Remember, Dobbs got some of his first action against the might Bammers and he did okay, not great, but okay.

It's still off season and folks are grasping at straws to stir conversation. This is my attempt. Your thoughts?

I do not have a favorite in this competition. With the receivers that we have, we have to have a q.b. who can get the ball to them.
Whomever, can sling the ball and not throw interceptions is my choice. Dormady, McBride, J.G., Martin, Manning, Henton, Kelly, Shuler, Cefago, Robinson, Ainge, Shafer, Simms, etc. etc...

Reactions: 1 person
Redshirt McBride. Dormady and/.or J.G. both leave before McBride, so McBride will get a shot, at some point.

Sometimes, transfers work out and sometimes they don't. Mitch Mustang from Ar Kansas transferred to USC and never saw the field.
Flacco left Pitt and played at Delaware and ended up well. Kid left U.T. and played at Pitt and just got drafted by Buffalo. Seems to have worked out well for him.
Shafer left U.T., did not transfer, and he ended at Ole Piss and that didn't end well.
Del Rio left Oregon State and transferred to Florida and he has the starting job at Florida.

I just watched Will McBride's film for the first time. I was very surprised. He's a baller. He reminds me of Eric Crouch from the 90's at Nebraska. He's tough, he's got that 6th sense of being able to get out of a jam while scrambling (like Dobbs), he's a really good runner with some speed and agility, and he's got an accurate arm (he's one up on Crouch in that regard).

I've seen threads on here about playing two QB's. Let's face it, when good QB's don't get to play these days, they transfer. There's no sitting behind the #1 guy and waiting it out any more. Let's face also the fact, that Butch and staff are playing this thing out to the hilt to keep one of their QB's from transferring. I don't believe in the two QB system and same goes for 90% of coaches and I seriously don't think Butch does either.

With McBride waiting in the wings, I think we're going to be good either way. Even if for example, QD is named QB, and JG transfers, we will have a good QB in queue in case QD is injured. As far as him being freshman? Remember, Dobbs got some of his first action against the might Bammers and he did okay, not great, but okay.

It's still off season and folks are grasping at straws to stir conversation. This is my attempt. Your thoughts?
I don't think JG will transfer with a guarantee of two years of starting following 2 years of finishing games for QD and three years of player development. That kid will be a high first rounder after that especially if he stays in the same system.

I really like McBride. He doesn't rattle, and when the pocket breaks he shows quick feet and is always looking downfield, and he throws the ball with confidence. He's a great prospect and I'm impressed he chose UT over full ride offers from some decent schools. He's a good fit for this offense.

I really like McBride. He doesn't rattle, and when the pocket breaks he shows quick feet and is always looking downfield, and he throws the ball with confidence. He's a great prospect and I'm impressed he chose UT over full ride offers from some decent schools. He's a good fit for this offense.

You do know he's not a walk-on...right?

I don't think JG will transfer with a guarantee of two years of starting following 2 years of finishing games for QD and three years of player development. That kid will be a high first rounder after that especially if he stays in the same system.

I'm not saying your prediction for JG is wrong and frankly hope he is all you say and more. However the youngster has yet to take an SEC snap. Can we lower expectations for him just a little until he gains slightly more experience?

Well if he's on scholy now thats great, but I didn't pay any attention to him when he committed because it was reported he was walking on.

I think you have him mixed up with one of the two walk-ons from Texas. He was committed to Memphis...we had to flip him.

VN Store

Back