Quinten Dormady is transferring

Jones never met a QB situation he couldn't screw up.

He shoved Worley into an offense he wasn't a fit for and it took an injury for him to get Dobbs into a game.

Did the same thing with Dormady after playing BS games with him and Guarantano all off season.

Best of luck to him. I'm sure he will pan out.

Reactions: 2 people
The only positive is you go from NO real QB coach in 5 years to having two. Tyson Helton and Tino Sunseri. Ty helped Sam Darnold at USC pass over 4000 yards. Darnold(.93) was ranked lower than JG(.96). I know rating dont mean much. JG potential is so much higher with REAL coaches if he can get his head out of his a$$.

Good luck to the young man. Would love for him to stay in the state of Tennessee, and maybe go to Memphis. That would be a great fit for him.

Reactions: 1 person
Dormady - you have endured a sh*t career at UT thanks to the previous staff.

Best of luck going forward, it has turned out well for other QB's that have transferred out.

I think it would be disingenuous not to mention the injured shoulder as a HUGE part of his struggles along with a struggling injured OL as well. Sure wish him the best health and success. This guy could be the MAN for the right team. Obviously he’s smart the get his degree early.

Reactions: 3 people
Well at least we do not have to debate QD versus JG anymore. I guess we will be riding with JG. I know there's reason to be concerned, but I do think the QBs on the roster will improve next season under Pruitt and staff. JG and McBride were both young and saw their first real game experience this season. I honestly think JG was starting to look better as he got more experience too. He just needs to develop better pocket presence and learn to throw the ball away at times instead of taking huge sacks.

Another thing, I know it was discussed before this became official, but with QD's performance this season and lack of experience, where do you guys think he ends up?

Bon voyage, Dormady

I’ll fondly reminisce about the droves of posters begging for you to get in whenever Dobbs threw an incomplete pass

Reactions: 3 people
I wish him the best of luck but I'm not worried about life without him. The best I ever saw him was during the Spring practice drills. He never was much of a contributor to Vols football on game days in 3 yrs so why mourn his loss? Alabama got more out of a freshman in a half one week ago than we got out of QD in 3 yrs. Those of you who thought he'd blossom in yr 4 were dreaming

Reactions: 4 people
The fact that he announced his decision to transfer after meeting with Pruitt tells us all we need to know.

If he liked what he heard he wouldnt be leaving.

He was never gonna play here again.

Reactions: 6 people
While the previous staff didn't do QD any favors with their inept ability to coach qBs, QD simply isn't a power 5 QB. You either got it or you don't. Best of luck to him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Hey guys,
With QD leaving, I remember seeing a couple of other QBs on the team, but I never heard any more. One was from Texas -- I think it was Seth Washington:

Seth Washington, QB-2017 Highlights - Seth Washington highlights - Hudl

The other one was Brandon Hines from the Nashville area:
Brandon Hines - Postseason 2016 - Brandon Hines highlights - Hudl

Both look pretty strong but are they still on the squad or is there any other info? Thanks!

Both are walk-on's. We were dangerously close to seeing one of them last year too..not a good position to be in.

VN Store

Back