RAID LSU! Unbelievable....

Can't see Les leaving $10-15 mil on the table and just saying "ok we'll both just move on." Only way it will be mutual is if they pay his buyout. Not saying he doesn't want to leave but he has millions of reasons to stay.

No he is going to get his money sure thing.

The year we fired him he had a top 5 class going at one point till the rumors started that he was gone, we had some top verbals go some where else.
The year before we were rated 30, all i am saying is for all the man done for Tennessee was to give him one more year and if we didn't win 9 or 10 then let him walk on his terms altogether a 40 year TRUE VOL plus look back at what we got in little lanny boy so another year wouldn't have hurt, this is 2015 he is the best coach we had in what 65 or 70 years.

Reactions: 3 people
Glad we have Butch but I can guarantee Phil would have more than 42 wins in the time since he's been gone.

Butch will get us there.

Reactions: 5 people
CPF did some great things while he was the coach at UT and I have much respect for him. The situation at LSU with CLM and the firing of CPF are completely different. Miles has never had a losing season and Fulmer had two losing seasons in his last four years. Additionally, Fulmer's recruiting fell off big time in the later years, Miles not so much. Respectively disagree.

The biggest mistake during Fulmer's last days was when Hamilton didn't give Cutcliffe the raise Fulmer was requesting for him. Fulmer was fine as long as Chavis and Cutcliffe was there to take care of the x's and o's. Now with that being said, I was pissed that he had became so complacent in recruiting. We just had the wrong AD making decisions for our program.

LSU is just insane. Don't know who they are expecting to get who will do better than Miles has done. This could end up badly for them.

Reactions: 4 people
The only reason we lost to the cowboys was the same week Phillip knew he wasn't coming back and the team was down, if they had said he would have been back we would have kick there azz by 30.

Yeah I wasn't arguing any how's and why's...information on WHO. :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
Originally Posted by terrypedigo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrypedigo View Post
The year we fired him he had a top 5 class going at one point till the rumors started that he was gone, we had some top verbals go some where else.

The year before we were rated 30, all i am saying is for all the man done for Tennessee was to give him one more year and if we didn't win 9 or 10 then let him walk on his terms altogether a 40 year TRUE VOL plus look back at what we got in little lanny boy so another year wouldn't have hurt, this is 2015 he is the best coach we had in what 65 or 70 years.

Are you responding to yourself?

Last edited:
I think everyone saw that. I do hate that loss being brought up as a reason he was let go.

I think a lot of people believe that narrative. If you weren't on a message board those days, the news services kinda carried it that way.

From UF's Scout site:

Les and Jimbo*

Here is what I can say and feel very confident in doing so. Les Miles will be out of a job in less that a week (I think Sunday).* To take it a step further I have a source that I trust implicitly, that tells me that not only have the LSU people squared enough money away to pay off Miles (15-16 million, I have no idea for how long), but the money is also in-hand to buy out Jimbo Fisher from his contract at ****** **** University (5 million).

And another step is that Jimbo has agreed and that the LSU people are "VERY confident" in this happening.

Now, let me say this as well. I believe all of this, but the only thing I do not know is whether Fisher will actually follow through with it I do know that he is having divirce issues of which the rumors were hot well before the season that he was ready to get the heck out. He is also not due for a raise this year after wining 10 games. They have the Title IX stuff where nobody really knows what is going to happens and it won't likely follow him anywhere. And one thing that people forget is that an undefeated ACC Champion ****** **** University who just won a national title the year before, almost got left out of the playoff picture a year ago.

Here is something else I can add as well. I know someone that is very good friends with Jimbo and not a Nile fan. I asked off the cuff if he was headed to LSU just days ago and he said '50/50'. I said "come on you can do better than that". His response was, "well he was going to take the Auburn job a couple of years ago and backed out".* My response then was, "well he had Jameis then and doesn't now".* He came back with "true".

Right now I believe this is going to happen and will all go down in less than a week. Those LSU folks don't mess around in recruiting and they aren't going to wait long.

tifwiw

Right up there with the Phillip Fulmer firing.

No. Firing Les is several orders of magnitude more stupid than firing Fulmer.

Fulmer had two losing seasons in four years. It was time for him to go, it was the subsequent hires that sent us into a death spiral.

I don't think LSU has ever won less than 8 games with Les.

Phil Fulmer's last recruiting class was #30

Actually, Rivals had it at #35. To put it in persepective, that was coming off a year in which we won the East, yet the lowest class since then was #21 on Rivals. Yes, through 1 year of Kiffin, 3 of Dooley, and 3 of Jones, we've still not had a class within 10 spots of that one. Piss poor effort there IMO.

No. Firing Les is several orders of magnitude more stupid than firing Fulmer.

Fulmer had two losing seasons in four years. It was time for him to go, it was the subsequent hires that sent us into a death spiral.

I don't think LSU has ever won less than 8 games with Les.

I will say this: If they get Jimbo Fisher, then they will pay dearly for it, but the logic is sound. If they don't get him or someone like him, then it will certainly appear to be much worse than the Fulmer firing.

I agree with your statement. It was the hires that killed us. You know, you can only project the future. How it actually plays it is never known beforehand.

Personally, I liked Fulmer, but I still think the firing was the right decision at the time. To me, just a change of a direction was worth it. With a new coach, we had a chance. With Fulmer, the direction of the program was obvious.

Reactions: 2 people
It all boils down to one thing:
1) Who do you have to replace the man you want to fire?
In LSU's case, if they have Jimbo Fisher, a National Championship coach in hand, then they are making the right move if they want Les gone.

*We let Fulmer go without a caliber coach to replace him.

Reactions: 8 people
I bet Jimbo stays at FSU and LSU will have to dig deeper for a head coach

This.

Why would Jimbo leave FSU, where he is making > 5 Mil per year and has an easier road to the playoffs? Makes little sense to me. With the competition in the SEC, I do not think coaching in the SEC is as lucrative as it once was. Dabo Sweeney and Urban Meyer are prime examples. They are big fish in small ponds, although Meyer has proven himself in the SEC.

Right up there with the Phillip Fulmer firing.

He couldnt beat saban, meyer, and had trouble with richt. Maybe if he would surrounded himself with great asst he would still be here. At the time our rivals became dominate and we got mediocre.

The prob was the bad hires afterward

After going through the bad bc of bad hires id rather had kept him. The administrators botched the hirings

This.

Why would Jimbo leave FSU, where he is making > 5 Mil per year and has an easier road to the playoffs? Makes little sense to me. With the competition in the SEC, I do not think coaching in the SEC is as lucrative as it once was. Dabo Sweeney and Urban Meyer are prime examples. They are big fish in small ponds, although Meyer has proven himself in the SEC.

Fisher leaving would be more about a needed change than anything else. Between the wife's rumored affair(s) and son's medical team being in La , it makes sense.

Reactions: 2 people
We would have had at least Tajh Boyd or Bryce Petty. Don't think both would have stuck around because of their talent. Lane screwed us on that one.

As I recall, Kiffin also said Cam Newton "wasn't right for his system". Thanks for that Lane. I love Fulmer, and wish he had stayed, but he had slipped some. LSU has literally no reason to fire Miles. Mizzou, Miami and South Carolina have to be salivating right now, Va Tech too. Miles makes some mistakes but he's a winner.

I do think at least one or two LSU commits will end up with us if he goes.

VN Store

Back