RAID LSU! Unbelievable....

With the news that it's likely Miles will be canned, who will give UT a second look in their currently top rank recruiting class?

They have some highly-ranked DB's, but I'm not sure any of them seriously considered us.

However, if Jimbo bolts from FSU, that could put Levonta Taylor (#1 ranked CB) back into play. Butch and co. made a strong push for Taylor before he committed to FSU.

Miles will be laughing all the way tot he bank.. 15 Million smiles

USA Today analyzed it, and it's actually 11 million because his 4 million dollar salary paid this year is applied to it. Then, he has a mitigation clause that he seeks employment and have any new salary offset the buyout. So it's not nearly the amount that was first reported. If he finds another job at 3 million, then it's 8 million, which is almost half as initially thought.

USA Today analyzed it, and it's actually 11 million because his 4 million dollar salary paid this year is applied to it. Then, he has a mitigation clause that he seeks employment and have any new salary offset the buyout. So it's not nearly the amount that was first reported. If he finds another job at 3 million, then it's 8 million, which is almost half as initially thought.

Only 8 million? Poor guy...

Reactions: 1 person
CPF did some great things while he was the coach at UT and I have much respect for him. The situation at LSU with CLM and the firing of CPF are completely different. Miles has never had a losing season and Fulmer had two losing seasons in his last four years. Additionally, Fulmer's recruiting fell off big time in the later years, Miles not so much. Respectively disagree.

The Vol Nation was extremely unkind to CPF the last 2 yrs. and it cost the team dearly.

Fulmer's time was up... he lost his passion for the game. Got the boot he deserved.

Right up there with the Phillip Fulmer firing.

True. However I highly doubt LSU has a brain dead AD like we did. LSU will nit suffer anywhere near what Tennessee did. Fulmer's firing put us in the cellar for what, 6 years? We are just now digging out of it.

Reactions: 2 people

Wow. Butch jones has the same buyout as Les miles.
Is there a worse ad in America than hart? Honest question

CPF did some great things while he was the coach at UT and I have much respect for him. The situation at LSU with CLM and the firing of CPF are completely different. Miles has never had a losing season and Fulmer had two losing seasons in his last four years. Additionally, Fulmer's recruiting fell off big time in the later years, Miles not so much. Respectively disagree.

Does anyone really think if we wouldn't have fired filmed before the end of his second losing season that we would have had two in that time. He actually had one losing season before he was fired.

Reactions: 1 person
Does anyone really think Phil was going to miraculously turn the program around? It's decline was slow and steady. There is a reason nobody hired him. The mistake was in hiring Kiffin. That is what nuked the program back into the stone age.

Reactions: 8 people
The only reason we lost to the cowboys was the same week Phillip knew he wasn't coming back and the team was down, if they had said he would have been back we would have kick there azz by 30.

Good thing his team bucked up and got a win to show how wrong we were that we though he had lost his team. Oh wait.

LSU returns (or was set to return) a heck of a roster. Be hard for them not to have a great year in 16. It's actually not a bad move if Miles has wore out his welcome.

Wow. Butch jones has the same buyout as Les miles.
Is there a worse ad in America than hart? Honest question

The difference is that Butch is in year 3. Coaches want protection early in their contract so that they get a bigger buyout if the school cuts them loose early. I have no issue with that because we won't be firing Butch Jones. It's big business, and we are a top program. Not sure why any of it is surprising,

Reactions: 4 people
Does anyone really think Phil was going to miraculously turn the program around? It's decline was slow and steady. There is a reason nobody hired him. The mistake was in hiring Kiffin. That is what nuked the program back into the stone age.

Yeah. I still feel a change was necessary. The whole situation was totally botched though. They shouldn't have marched him out with 3 games to go like a public execution. He deserved better than that. Even if the decision was already made, the deed should have been done at the end of the regular season after "evaluating" everything. Even hiring Kiffin was not a bad move on paper; he was the hot name at the time and was bringing his hall of fame dad as DC. Sadly, it turned out to be 100% pure fool's gold.

I never believed Kiffin was going to work out long term..it just felt like a square peg deal the whole time to me. Never saw the USC thing happening like that though. There were other directions that would have been more beneficial to go. The right hire could have and would have kept the class together better.

Right up there with the Phillip Fulmer firing.

Duh. Unlike Les Miles, Phil was no longer bringing in top ranked recruiting classes. He did not even fill is last class, and the recruits he did get were the makings of our cellar dweller years.

Les was 28-21 and never finished the season ranked at Okie St. Got the LSU job and won the title in year 3 on the wave of momentum built by Saban. Since, he's been OK given the recruiting success that LSU provides itself. Last 4 yrs finished 14th, 14th, NR, and then current yet to be determined year that has been a thud. Gota go man and if he were at UT with his recent disappointment, after being on top, we'd be calling for his head also.

I never believed Kiffin was going to work out long term..it just felt like a square peg deal the whole time to me. Never saw the USC thing happening like that though. There were other directions that would have been more beneficial to go. The right hire could have and would have kept the class together better.

My first choice at the time was Chris Peterson, after that Gary Patterson, then Leach(lol). I gotta admit though, I got pretty fired up when I heard Kiffin was coming and bringing Monte, O, Gran, and Thompson with him.

VN Store

Back