Recruiting Football Talk VII

Wright’s a running back. Only two have been drafted. He’ll probably go in the third, which seems about right to me.

Honestly, all this tells me is what a great job CJH has done.
Brooks (1) benson (2) corum (3) Lloyd (4) all taken already. Wright was ranked behind those guys respectively but I don’t get why and I’m shocked no one has taken a chance on his speed. I blame Mel kiper.

Happy Saturday

Good one

April 27, 2024: In all of your busyness and commitments be sure to spend time with Me, says the Lord. Come into My presence and commune with Me so that you can be refreshed and renewed. It is a place of rest and healing, but you must come to enjoy all that I have in store for you. Let Me impart wisdom and direction for the day. Come! Isaiah 40:31 But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

man I love seeing airshows..havent seen one in long time. I was playing golf one day by the airport and F-14 was doing display and it was the best seat in house. Seen F15,16, and 18, 117, but not F-22 or F-35.

Beer, Golf, and Tomcat..🤘
I just spontaneously said “hell yeah” to your post. Out loud. In the middle of watching a volleyball game.

Heupel deserves credit getting last year’s squad to 9-4.

In retrospect, it arguably was the least talented 9 win team Tennessee has had in a while.

Said another way, we’ve had coaches lose 6 or more with more NFL-ready talent.
I tried to tell everybody...but actually we did have some talent, it was just inexperienced or uncomplimentary or redundant talent.

I've said it all offseason...I believe Heup and Co squeezed about all they could out of that squad. The one big screw-up was the Florida game, and not playing more competitively in the Mizzou game.

Well. They have no center. I would think they took guyton first to fill in at LT. smith stays. So center is only starter spot left. He practiced there at Kstate. Arms are short. That’s why I’m thinking they rep him there. We shall see
Guyton was drafted for RT...already stated by the Jones Family in the PC. Tyler Smith is taking over LT...also stated. He was playing LG...Pro Bowler and 2nd team All-Pro. WHO plays there? Sure Beebe can learn, but he's an already established high performer at OG. Multiple options exist. Van Pran and Limmer are still available and failing that, do what the Bears did and sign someone experienced.

Reactions: knoxvol52

SIAP. This will be hideous on the field. Those things are the least aesthetically pleasing thing to look at. I really do think that contact will be phased out of football eventually. The sport is like a frog in a boiling pot, and every change is gradually moving to make that palatable. 7 on 7 type of play is probably what they’ll eventually transition into, making football more like handball than rugby. It is what it is.
I won't watch that crap. And I hate the bubble wrap world we live in...it is f'n stupid and tyrannical. If people choose to play football...let em play.

I won't watch that crap. And I hate the bubble wrap world we live in...it is f'n stupid and tyrannical. If people choose to play football...let em play.
Agree. I stopped watching. NFL after Peyton retired so I don’t care that much but usually whatever they do comes to college eventually.

Im glad I played baseball when sliding was still a contact sport. These kids today will never know what it’s like to truck a catcher into dropping the ball

I took my family because they wanted to experience a playoff atmosphere, we thought it would be similar to Neyland and since it would be indoors that it might be loud. It was not even remotely close.
Wow...I went to several Lightning playoff and regular season games back in the 2000s and 2010s and they were all insane atmosphere.

No offense McGill, but I don't see anything worth getting upset about here. The players have a choice...it isn't being forced on them. Those pads look funny but I don't think it takes anything away from the game. I'm sure they'll eventually do something to make them look more seamless.

Heupel deserves credit getting last year’s squad to 9-4.

In retrospect, it arguably was the least talented 9 win team Tennessee has had in a while.

Said another way, we’ve had coaches lose 6 or more with more NFL-ready talent.
We were also pretty banged up

Losing Bru was a big deal because Squirrel was basically alone at that point and Joe was average and also banged up. Heck soon as Thornton got it going he went down.

O-line super banged up, especially Cooper's hernia, Elijah Simmons, Omarr-Norman Lott, Kamal, Pili getting injured forced us to play Herring.

I think it showed that we, by year 3, had built a lot of depth already. Had enough talent and coaching to come out of that year 9-4.

VN Store

Back