Recruiting Football Talk VII

When I got off work my mother texted me that I should wait before going into my post time job, that there was a possible tornado tracking toward Columbia.

My wife then informed me that our daughter was called into work, right into the path. And she couldn't leave work. Long story short I jumped into my truck and went to her, my 17 year old daughter.

I got there about 5 minutes before the worst of the storm hit. I saw the funnel cloud rotating but it wasn't on the ground, this thing was huge. We went into their cooler out back and rode it out. When we thought it safe we got out and watched it move toward the Northeast.

That's as close as I've ever been...... And ever want
to be.

There are a lot of people, contractors, excavation companies and local equipment rental places that have volunteered their services tonight. There was literally an army of people with chainsaws that showed up to help according to my State Trooper neighbor.
Glad your family is safe. Prayers for everyone impacted.

More fishing: When my son was about 9 or 10 years old I took him bluegill fishing with worms at the pond where Hungry Fisherman used to be. He hooked a baby warmouth about 3 inches long and yanked the line to set the hook. He was fishing about 3 feet off the bank. It jerked the small fish about 6 to 8 feet into the air and it came off the hook and landed again about 3 feet off the bank but 10 feet down from where it began this journey. He quickly dropped his worm where it landed and caught that fish in a couple of seconds. I have never seen such voracious and hard hitting fish like warmouth. I love that fish.
Try fishing for Northern Pike.
Voracious and savage in their attacks.
Great fight once they are hooked too.

Gun to your head…. List me 2 uncommitted guys who you think will be in this class.

Put me down for David Sanders and Travis Smith

Last edited:
Wisconsin is the same way. When I was a kid, as long as you had parental consent, you could drink at a bar. A lot of German immigrants and those not to far removed from coming over. Also the largest Oktoberfest celebration in the U.S. is in La Crosse, WI.
Spent some time at Ft. McCoy before deployment. Probably would have enjoyed it more under different circumstances but it seemed like a nice place overall.

Reactions: SergeantVol
Totally agree……I also think he appreciates UT giving him his first shot AND DW providing all the support he wants. I can see him being here for a very long time.

The culture at this University is unreal right now…..everyone is paddling in the same direction and they are going downstream!!

Life is good if you are “clad in BIG ORANGE “!
Ha, Tennessee is paddling wherever they want and the water is flowing in support. 🤠

There used to be a rule that you had x number of years to complete your eligibility.
I think that there was also an age limit in
D-1 level sports.

I could be wrong on both counts.☹️
I may be right too. 😎

🤔
I checked. I don't see that there is an NCAA one, but father time usually keeps it in check.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
View attachment 639398

One wild horse and a herd of elk this morning, Cree Meadows Golf Course, Ruidoso, NM. Our Aussie Shepherd Ellie (on a leash) just stared at them but didn't bark, when she realized how big they are.
We love Ruidoso. Just an awesome place to go for a Summer vacation. Family loved it and we want to go back there.

VN Store

Back