Recruiting Football Talk VII

Honestly…..the SEC was overrated this year more than any I can remember…..

Missouri and ole miss won 10 games each?
They are the 3rd and 4th best teams? That’s sad. Each would get boatraced by the #3 and #4 teams in all the other P5 conferences.
You had me until that last statement. ACC 3 and 4 - NC St., GT, Big 12 - Oklahoma and WVU, Big 10 PSU and Iowa, PAC 12, Arizona and OSU. I think some of these teams could beat them. No way they get boat-raced. I still believe the SEC is down, though.

That’s what will happen because the they’ll
say the postseason is a different season altogether. They say they do, but they don’t really have metrics.
Oh, they have metrics. The problem for them is they just don’t know what they are for any given year until they get on the conference call with Greg, Nick and Kirby on Sunday morning after the conference championship games.

Reactions: engineerVOL
Why can’t the committee believe FSU is not a top 4 team currently (after last nights poop show) and it not be corruption?
Well, to be fair to them, if they were watching FSU, maybe they didn’t have to watch whatever that was in Lucas Oil.

Were they also blacked out the week before for the Iron Bowl?

Here is why I think Bama gets in over FSU. I believe the below is the listed criteria. Bama has a 17th ranked SOS and FSU has the 63rd ranked. I am not sure about the 4th bullet, but that second bullet will be the rationale. It makes me sick, but this is what I believe happens. I truly hope it's not because I believe that FSU proved on the field last night they deserve to be in.

• Championships won
  • Strength of schedule
  • Head‐to‐head competition (if it occurred)
  • Comparative outcomes of common opponents (without incenting margin of victory)

Here is why I think Bama gets in over FSU. I believe the below is the listed criteria. Bama has a 17th ranked SOS and FSU has the 63rd ranked. I am not sure about the 4th bullet, but that second bullet will be the rationale. It makes me sick, but this is what I believe happens. I truly hope it's not because I believe that FSU proved on the field last night they deserve to be in.

• Championships won
  • Strength of schedule
  • Comparative outcomes of common opponents (without incenting margin of victory)

FSU beat a Top 15 team while having to play a third-string freshman QB, never trailed, held a Top-20 offense to 6 points.

And now they're a 13-0 P5 champ with 4 Top 25 wins.

I promise it’s okay for the SEC to get left out. SEC is like a little kid that never learned how to lose and cries till they get their way or the outcome changes.

• Championships won
  • Strength of schedule

This is what’s going to happen. Heather Dinnich is the committee’s mouthpiece and she has Texas at 3, Bama 4, and FSU 5. It’s a shame that it’s going to unfold that way. My suggestion to everyone is to not watch the playoff. Crater the tv ratings. Not watching is the only way things change.

Reactions: drvenner
This is what’s going to happen. Heather Dinnich is the committee’s mouthpiece and she has Texas at 3, Bama 4, and FSU 5. It’s a shame that it’s going to unfold that way. My suggestion to everyone is to not watch the playoff. Crater the tv ratings. Not watching is the only way things change.
She changed her tune since yesterday ....lol...

How often do you all think (assuming we don't shoot over the moon, or crater in the coming decade) it would be reasonable to make the 12 team playoffs?

My thought is once every 3 seasons.

Logic being: SEC will likely get 3 teams in each season. 4 sometimes. Let's say 3.5 on average.

For the foreseeable future, bama/uga lock up 2 spots.

That leaves "1.5" extra spots every season to be distributed amongst:

UT
Lsu
Tx
Ou
Uf
Auburn
Tamu
Ole Miss
Randomly maybe uk, mizzou, etc. once a decade.

Why can’t the committee believe FSU is not a top 4 team currently (after last nights poop show) and it not be corruption?
They are undefeated, won their P5 conf championship with a dominant defense and a true freshman QB, who would not be playing in the champ game.

That offensive poop show was pretty much the constraints of their freshman QB. That more than likely won't be a factor in the playoffs.

FSU beat a Top 15 team while having to play a third-string freshman QB, never trailed, held a Top-20 offense to 6 points.

And now they're a 13-0 P5 champ with 4 Top 25 wins.

I promise it’s okay for the SEC to get left out. SEC is like a little kid that never learned how to lose and cries till they get their way or the outcome changes.
I am waffling a lot. I think the hidden criterion is corruption. I hope it isn't, but I am afraid it's there. I absolutely want both Georgia and Bama out.

This is simple, follow the money.

OK, who all wants to see a riveting Michigan vs. FSU game? Anyone? What about watching Michigan vs. Alabama?

TV ratings alone will dictate FSU being left out. I don't like it, because FSU deserves a spot, but it won't happen.

VN Store

Back