Recruiting Football Talk VII

It truly sucks. I used to watch sports all the time and drive my wife crazy. Every night, something is on.

No longer watch NFL or the NBA. I’ll watch a Braves game every now and again.

But I’m down to pretty much college football now. And I’m questioning it now too. Too much money in all of it and it’s ruining sports.
$
back room deals
NIL
Networks
transfer portal
portal killing schools like my Peay
politics
?
?

High School football is next for me..........

It truly sucks. I used to watch sports all the time and drive my wife crazy. Every night, something is on.

No longer watch NFL or the NBA. I’ll watch a Braves game every now and again.

But I’m down to pretty much college football now. And I’m questioning it now too. Too much money in all of it and it’s ruining sports.
They’ll kill the golden goose eventually, but it’s more resilient than I imagined.

Isn't H2H criteria against the committee's other criteria of putting in the 4 best teams?

Since on-field results don't matter, then H2H can never tell us who the better team is. In fact, no results can.

It's just the preconceived opinion of some ADs, retired coaches, a professor, and, oh, a trampoline park owner from Kansas...that solely determines "the 4 best teams"

Screenshot_20231203_092828.jpg

I said this earlier and I believe it now more than ever.

They have turned this sport into a joke.

Access to endless amounts of data and analytics has allowed the networks and execs at the top of our sport (and conferences) what teams drive the most revenue. So before games are played, maybe even before the season starts, they know what outcomes are in the best interest of the conference, the networks, the people in charge that get paid for those results. It's obvious that they work backwards to make that happen.

It's disappointing and I'm completely disenchanted by college football as a sport.

It has become predictable because they protect the brands they depend on.

How can the blind not see this?...it truly is amazing that they can not/will not acknowledge the truth.

I think I know WHY they do it...I understand WHY want to hang on to their fantasy of fair competition...but HOW they do confounds me.

Reactions: BigSteve09
If they get in it confirms that the sport is pro wrestling with a football.

The people at the top of the sport, and especially the people at the top of our conference, do everything for money. Every single thing is about maximizing revenue and bringing in more money. Everything about the sport, every decision that is made -- big and small, is to drive dollars.

And they would have us believe that that motivator somehow stops at the officiating level.

Right.
We nailed it..

Isn't H2H criteria against the committee's other criteria of putting in the 4 best teams?

Since on-field results don't matter, then H2H can never tell us who the better team is. In fact, no results can.

It's just the preconceived opinion of some ADs, retired coaches, a professor, and, oh, a trampoline park owner from Kansas...that solely determines "the 4 best teams"

View attachment 599621
He’s also a HoFer……..

“Isn’t this supposed to be a football game? Why do the guys in the orange shirts keep taking the ball and running all the way to the other end of the field?”
Lol, you just made me think of White. They probably havent seen speed like him all season.

VN Store

Back