Recruiting Football Talk VII

I think I asked about off-brand foods a while back. Which food will you only eat the name brand version? Ketchup was one for me. Ranch dressing is another one. . . but there are probably 2 brands that are acceptable there.

Also, on the other side, I prefer Dr. Wow off-brand coka soda dope pop.
Look at Mr. Fancy Richpants and his name brands. Does @Sally just skim off other peoples bank accounts for you?

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Neyland Stadium needs to put a WH in that new fancy pants area below the rich folks seats behind the UT sideline.
Some of you dudes would turn the forthcoming Neyland Entertainment District into one gigantic (w)Affle House. 😂 I prolly shouldn't said. Now @Weezer will start writing Danny White every week with the idea.

I keep trying to be a Titan fan for my buddies here and for state pride, but this makes that impossible. An entire year's struggle for me is down the drain at the sight of that nasty mayo peas atrocity. London ate better during the blitz. The people in German-surrounded and famished St. Petersburg ate better than that when they were boiling their leather belts to make "broth."

I keep trying to be a Titan fan for my buddies here and for state pride, but this makes that impossible. An entire year's struggle for me is down the drain at the sight of that nasty mayo peas atrocity. London ate better during the blitz. The people in German-surrounded and famished St. Petersburg ate better than that when they were boiling their leather belts to make "broth."
Mitch T Firkins is the Titans fan base gem.

He’s a little slow iykwim

Reactions: Orange.
At least it's heinz ketchup. I'll never understand how people eat off brand ketchup. I'm not super snobby about branded food, but off brand ketchup is so so bad.

And I even hate the company that owns heinz right now (terrible company to work for). And still I can't stomach any other ketchup.
Warren Buffett? 😂

I don't even have ketchup in my house. I do dip a couple or three fries in it sometimes in restaurants. If mayo were found in my house, I would have to evacuate. I'd phone it in as a toxic spill. Now mustard is great. But olive oil is king: I put it on pretty nearly everything.

Warren Buffett? 😂

I don't even have ketchup in my house. I do dip a couple or three fries in it sometimes in restaurants. If mayo were found in my house, I would have to evacuate. I'd phone it in as a toxic spill. Now mustard is great. But olive oil is king: I put it on pretty nearly everything.
No self-respecting southerner would dis Mayo. I limit my Mayo intake given it's high fat content.

My wife uses prosciutto in spaghetti carbonara- it’s quite good.
Benton's Country Ham is better than Benton's Bacon.

There, I said it.
Happy to hear both of those things! I may have to look into placing an order now that I am the last person in the country to know that they are online and ship.

Your FIL may be a serial killer. Just keep your head on a swivel and treat his daughter beyond reproach.
He showed me he had a loaded gun behind each door of his house (almost) the first time I met him. I have been keeping an eye open ever since. Jokes aside he's a nice guy, but old school country.

Last edited:
No self-respecting southerner would dis Mayo. I limit my Mayo intake given it's high fat content.
😂

I respect myself. I just don't respect the cheap oil in mayo. It gives me the heeby jeebies. Idk why. Even when I was a little kid, begging my mom not to put that on my sandwich. 😂 But I know mayo has die-hard fans.

Last edited:
At least it's heinz ketchup. I'll never understand how people eat off brand ketchup. I'm not super snobby about branded food, but off brand ketchup is so so bad.

And I even hate the company that owns heinz right now (terrible company to work for). And still I can't stomach any other ketchup.
I’m more forgiving on ketchup than I used to be. I’m a mustard lover yet brand is usually non-important. I like store brands better than Heinz but it’s not a deal ender. Pickles and mayo need to be approved brands. Off taste can go horribly wrong in the hands of the Phillistines.

Warren Buffett? 😂

Buffet and previously 3G, but they just sold thankfully. They've tanked one of the best companies in American history since they bought it. Buffets biggest mistake is his management of Kraft heinz.

I’m more forgiving on ketchup than I used to be. I’m a mustard lover yet brand is usually non-important. I like store brands better than Heinz but it’s not a deal ender. Pickles and mayo need to be approved brands. Off taste can go horribly wrong in the hands of the Phillistines.
I agree on mustard, I like most mustard brands better than heinz. Claussen pickles are amazing.

VN Store

Back