Recruiting Football Talk VII

On bugs indoor or outdoor I use 7.5% bifenthrin concentrate from tractor supply. I mix at different rates depending on the situation, but it works for all my needs. It is very cheap and safe for pets. You can google it, but measure and spray responsibly.

For mosquitos I use proflex via fogging with a blower (backpack or handheld) attachment i got from a small business called mosquito sniper system. I do wear long sleeves and a mask when spraying since it is aersolized and I put the pets up until it dries. Outdoors only of course.

For fire ants I quit using those expensive powders and baits. I just piss them off and spray with high dose bifenthrin across the swarm and mounds. They are fully dead same day. Dead dead.
For the big mounds, yeah. Spray it wet and churn a figure 8. Andro the area around it for the workers rebuilding.

Lighter fluid and strike a match .
I use kerosene on yellow jackets nest. No need to light it. Fire is a lot funner though. 🤔

Depends on the proximity of the house.

I like this on the inside of the house. (We've not had any ants the past 3 seasons though. Lesson taught, lesson learned.)Screenshot_20240502_125757_DuckDuckGo.jpg

The smell will scare them off

View attachment 638098
omfg! That classic will never not be funny. 😂 A web "archeologist" in 10,000 years will discover it and publish a paper speculating on how the species ever survived if that was once a human dining option. A second will claim that his research has unearthed the dish was likely named "Thanks, Jimmy" and it may have been used as punishment for petty crimes and lesser felonies.

Last edited:
I gave my oldest a spanking one time when she was 2 or 3. With her, taking away her time spent with me or her mom was the most effective way to punish her. With our other two girls, simply telling/showing them that we were disappointed in their behavior/choices was more than sufficient punishment. They also knew that when we told them if they didn't behave we would leave a place and go home that we would. Irregardless of the inconvenience that it imposed on us. My wife left several grocery carts full of groceries while in line to pay because they started acting up and even after she told them what was about to happen they kept it up. It only took a time or two before they realized that she and I meant what we said and they would not benefit from poor behavior.

I would never presume to tell another parent how to discipline their children, but I will just ask that parents please discipline your children. That can take any number of forms. Kids respond to different things. The biggest thing that we have found as parents is consistency and follow through. Parent the same way each and every day. Don't let them get away with something one day, only to punish them for it the next. Or vice versa. The rules are the rules and they don't change day to day. Also, if you say you are going to do something, do it. Don't promise to take them somewhere and then back out. Also, don't tell them you are going to discipline them and then not do it. If your kids know you are going to be consistent but fair and that you will do what you say you are going to do then most everything else will be ok. Not at 100% recipe by any stretch, but it will remove enough noise from things that the bigger issues will be more easily seen and dealt with before they get out of hand.

- Parenting Advice by Glitch
💯 consistency

I use kerosene on yellow jackets nest. No need to light it. Fire is a lot funner though. 🤔

Depends on the proximity of the house.

I like this on the inside of the house. (We've not had any ants the past 3 seasons though. Lesson taught, lesson learned.)View attachment 638133
Family grew 2.5 acres of Tobacco every year, so I have a hatred for all insects.

Hardest work I have ever done in my life BTW.

Big o responded to Lanier...
My guess is that we get Lanier. But it's not easy to make AP's "Wyatt-with-a-lantern" clue signify Chaz Lanier, imo. And I haven't paid enough attention to Austin B to make an informed guess whether he knows or is guessing. Maybe someone can help me out with that.

Big O responded with big oranges, but that could be encouragement, and often is. "Come here, bro!" I can't find any evidence that Chaz and O know each other. Chaz is from Nashville and Big O from Memphis. Maybe he's egging on another in-state guy. We'll know soon enough.

I hate them. My new method is by far the most effective and convenient. I just keep a dedicated industrial squirt bottle of high dose bifenthrin. It can ride on my mower and i hit em as i see them. No retreating. I maybe see a mound a season now.
I'm still using the powder...I'll reach over on my mower and sprinkle it on when I see them. But then, I'm left with that damn big mound.

VQ pod listeners:

Anyone else just getting the vibe that AP hates Eric Cain with the passion of 1000 suns?
Lot of uncomfortable pauses. Cain tries too hard to get in on AP and Hubbs inside humor. Rob, Evan and Matt let the game come to them…when they don’t outright nap like Rob. 😏

Ugh. There's a reason the Old Testament banned the mixing of eggs and sandwiches 🤢🤮

Thou shall only eat biscuits or a side of buttered toast with eggs.
Eggs and sandwiches are great, but Mayo on breakfast sandwiches is an abomination. Cream cheese or jelly or hot sauce are the proper condiments for breakfast sandwiches.

Reactions: screenthis
You’ll get poked in both eyes if you ever meet Dolly.
YARN | ...I'm willing to take that risk. | Spies Like Us (1985) | Video  clips by quotes | 9d74c4f1 | 紗

👀 If that is some code word for Kim Klub's bare bottom, I am abashed. Or did you finally get rid of her and Toad? Last I heard, they were sleeping nights under one of your azaleas, in hiding since the Orange Bowl, and trying to pass themselves as neighborhood kids, if spotted. Like old bruh with the skateboard and backwards ball cap in the gif.
I put them on a Greyhound bus to the Papermill Waffle House and told them the furry purple thing said Cade was an overrated hack.

Today’s y̶o̶u̶t̶h̶ people believe a lot of other lies people tell them too.
See: Q, Jan 6th, flat earth, the list goes on these days.

Tbh Facebooking silverheads are just as bad as any youth, barring maybe the "everyone is illuminati" youth crew 😆

See headline, rage over headline, share and spread rage, don't read article nor double check anything read. Maybe start a chain email to everyone in their family 😆. The "don't talk to strangers" crowd still believe way too much on the internets. Ofc various streams of intentional disinformation from both abroad and domestically doesn't help either. The gullibles are just easy targets.

My guess is that we get Lanier. But it's not easy to make AP's "Wyatt-with-a-lantern" clue signify Chaz Lanier, imo. And I haven't paid enough attention to Austin B to make an informed guess whether he knows or is guessing. Maybe someone can help me out with that.

Big O responded with big oranges, but that could be encouragement, and often is. "Come here, bro!" I can't find any evidence that Chaz and O know each other. Chaz is from Nashville and Big O from Memphis. Maybe he's egging on another in-state guy. We'll know soon enough.
You may have already seen (I think mookies) guess that the lantern and the meme caption “here” was AP code for LANtern =Lan and “here” rhyming with “ier”
Indicating Lanier.

It’s a big stretch and AP sometimes posts in relation to non sports events, but a clever deduction all the same.

Just passing along what you’ve probably already seen (just in case you missed it). I’ll take the wait and see approach myself.

VN Store

Back