Recruiting Football Talk VII

I want the stuff that makes a mini horse win the ky derby. .
Epogen (synthetic erythropoietin) was way more performance enhancing for racehorses than anabolic steroids. By having more red blood cells and thus more oxygen being carried to tissues, horses wouldn’t fatigue. Thankfully, all of that stuff is no longer in the industry. Terrible for the horse’s health and the industry. Adding to that thought about their health, I’ve seen horses come off anabolic steroids (that have been on them for quite a while) and crash. Not pretty and they are never the same.

Visited Secretariat's grave at Claiborne Farms in Lexington a few years ago. Don't follow horse racing, but this was a magnificent creature.
Yeah he was. Interesting tidbit ( I’m pretty sure it was him)…none of his offspring amounted to much of anything. Only 2…1988 Preakness and Belmont winner, and the 1986 Horse of the year. I think that was it. The GOAT racehorse, but he definitely not the GOAT stallion.

Visited Secretariat's grave at Claiborne Farms in Lexington a few years ago. Don't follow horse racing, but this was a magnificent creature.
If you love horses, Lexington is a beautiful place to visit (minus the fact that UK is there). We visited there back in 2021 and stayed at a nice guest house on one of the farms. We would just drive around the looking at all the beautiful farms. I could live there, if I didn’t have to deal with those UK people.

Epogen (synthetic erythropoietin) was way more performance enhancing for racehorses than anabolic steroids. By having more red blood cells and thus more oxygen being carried to tissues, horses wouldn’t fatigue. Thankfully, all of that stuff is no longer in the industry. Terrible for the horse’s health and the industry. Adding to that thought about their health, I’ve seen horses come off anabolic steroids (that have been on them for quite a while) and crash. Not pretty and they are never the same.
What does it do to a man?

Really though, kinda curious if it work's the same on an athlete. Must be like sending a nuke into body, health-wise.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I try to never say anything positive about the gators.
Watching game 3 in the series and I will say that the gator announcers are decent. Definitely not over the top homers. Seem knowledgeable about baseball and the SEC.
With that being said, it’s nice to see the Vols just absolutely whooping that gator arse. 🤠
Hard to be a homer when you are getting HAMMERED.

I had to turn them off today when the started the broadcast with their diatribe about ”IF the Gators when today, they will be blah blah blah”. Yesterday was insufferable.

Yeah he was. Interesting tidbit ( I’m pretty sure it was him)…none of his offspring amounted to much of anything. Only 2…1988 Preakness and Belmont winner, and the 1986 Horse of the year. I think that was it. The GOAT racehorse, but he definitely not the GOAT stallion.
Kinda like that 5'9" kid that shouldn't even be in a boxing ring, but somehow beats Mike Tyson?

When our aggressive hitters are willing to dial it back and go opposite field on outside pitches, good things happen. Ensley ignited it with two pull swings down the LF line. The UF pitchers saw that he was a weaker hitter statistically and did not respect his ability to turn on the fastballs. He made them pay. But even he went opposite field on his HR (along with C-Mo and Blake) because they pitched on the outside half. The other guys hit opposite field starting about half way through the game as well.

That's all you need to do to pull out these mini-slumps. We have some absolute mashers who can take it out to all fields. They just need to stay disciplined and be willing to go the other way.
good post. as the game went on you saw them fighting into long counts, being selective, hunting a fastball to hit. that is damn impressive. BB is one of the best hitters to ever wear the orange. there i said it. despite my melting during the game, felt pretty good that if we kept battling against the lefty, he would start to make mistakes, or get yanked.

Wasnt sure but figured maybe theyd spent all their best relievers on Friday.

CMo had a freakin' series.

Hard to be a homer when you are getting HAMMERED.

I had to turn them off today when the started the broadcast with their diatribe about ”IF the Gators when today, they will be blah blah blah”. Yesterday was insufferable.
their off topic banter, and love affsir for their own 'well when i was a gator'. wgas?

If you love horses, Lexington is a beautiful place to visit (minus the fact that UK is there). We visited there back in 2021 and stayed at a nice guest house on one of the farms. We would just drive around the looking at all the beautiful farms. I could live there, if I didn’t have to deal with those UK people.
Agreed. And the place to dine IMO is Malone's.

Smallmouth??? Smallmouth??? 😡😔 😢

Happy for you. But...

View attachment 638802
Never said I was going. . . just that it's a good morning to, if you know of a secret pond with prehistoric monsters who haven't seen a fisherman since 1963. . . by the time I talk myself into it, it'll be too late.

Some of you baffle me! I’ve only been an equine vet for 23 years, and you are still trying to tell me that I don’t know what I’m talking about. Dude, I’ve worked on racehorses and had many of them on the most potent anabolic steroids (back when it was legal). The horses were better, but it did not make them dominant. They weren’t destroying fields by 31 lengths. Like I have said over and over, if anabolic steroids were even available during Secretariat’s years and his connections used them, then every other horse in those fields of the Triple Crown were on them, which levels the playing field. He was dominant because he was and is the GOAT.
Yup. Freak of nature - period. GOAT.

As always, thanks for your take on the subject.

The runner should have the “right of way” if that’s what you want to call it. As long as the runner doesn’t make some unusual movement to initiate the contact, it’s dumb. Just like the call in the softball game against Bama last weekend. You can’t reward a bad throw, and that’s what it is in the base path. There is a scenario where the runner literally has no choice.
It's kinda like pass interference getting called on a bad throw down the sideline because the WR goes back to get the ball and runs into the defender. Bad throw by the QB looking for a back-shoulder ball gets rewarded and good positioning by the DB gets punished.

Wasn't part of his greatness his enlarged heart? Iirc from the movie (if its accurate) he was passed up by bigger trainers/owners because he didn't seem that impressive physically and wasn't above his peers when he was younger. But as he got older his heart enlarged which gave him an advantage.

What does it do to a man?

Really though, kinda curious if it work's the same on an athlete. Must be like sending a nuke into body, health-wise.
Absolutely it does! I’m pretty sure that is what Lance Armstrong was using during his epic run of winning the Tour de France.

Wait a minute… Are you asking what does anabolic steroids do to a man or synthetic erythropoietin? Lance Armstrong was taking synthetic erythropoietin I think.

good post. as the game went on you saw them fighting into long counts, being selective, hunting a fastball to hit. that is damn impressive. BB is one of the best hitters to ever wear the orange. there i said it. despite my melting during the game, felt pretty good that if we kept battling against the lefty, he would start to make mistakes, or get yanked.

Wasnt sure but figured maybe theyd spent all their best relievers on Friday.

CMo had a freakin' series.
👍 100% agree.

Pitching - they did and they were even surprised they did that well against us. We helped. Many of our guys kept dipping the back shoulder and/or rolling over pulling outside pitches. Results will always be K's. fly balls, pop ups and weak grounders. I still think overall it is fatigue from a long season and the little injuries they never report. They got back to hitting better and smarter with their approaches like they did with the small ball in Game 1 and the dam broke. As you posted, their approaches at the plate changed beginning around the 3rd/4th inning after going through the order once.

Blake and C-Mo are awesome. Blake is tired. C-Mo is in such great condition. C-Mo showed exactly what you should do when they pitch you away. Make solid contact and go up the middle to opposite field. Results - a zillion singles and finally, the opposite field HR.

Amick will probably go pro because of his first round talent, but he could use another year under Elander on his appprach and getting better on D.

their off topic banter, and love affsir for their own 'well when i was a gator'. wgas?
I will never understand why as a fan ,I should give a damn what the announcers are saying. It doesnt change the outcome of game and I'm sure the Gators fans started ranting and raving over the few compliments the announcers gave Moore and Tennessee's offensive outburst.

Who cares if they're slobbering over Florida, first if all it's on SEC Network+ and the only two fan bases watching are Florida and Tennessee. It's not like the game was seen Nationally.

Wasn't part of his greatness his enlarged heart? Iirc from the movie (if its accurate) he was passed up by bigger trainers/owners because he didn't seem that impressive physically and wasn't above his peers when he was younger. But as he got older his heart enlarged which gave him an advantage.
That is what they say. A large heart with more muscle can pump harder and faster, which means it delivers more oxygen at a faster rate to the tissues. That means he doesn’t fatigue as fast. If his specialty is speed already and he doesn’t fatigue as fast due to that, then he can go faster for a longer period of time than other horses. That gives you what is the greatest of all time!

Absolutely it does! I’m pretty sure that is what Lance Armstrong was using during his epic run of winning the Tour de France.

Wait a minute… Are you asking what does anabolic steroids do to a man or synthetic erythropoietin? Lance Armstrong was taking synthetic erythropoietin I think.
Wasn't Lance also at one point just doing blood transfusions to replace RBCs and remove lactic acid? Then got caught for that too?

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX

VN Store

Back