Recruiting Football Talk VII

I kept moving him out and then put him back in. I might be over valuing WHIP. His is great. He's also not as bad in the postseason as I thought. He also has one of the highest winning percentages of all time.
Koufax was much more impressive in his 6 seasons of dominance than Kershaw ever was.

If you want a full career - Randy & Pedro both blow his doors off.

To each their own…

Kershaw wouldn’t make my Top 10, he might be in the Top 20.

Good lord Bob Hodge and John Pennington are absolutely clueless. Freezing cold takes.

They call James Pearce a one trick pony here 😬

Glad Brian Callahan is there to provide some sanity.

Apparently all JPjr can do is speed rush guys

Hodge also said Barnett is better lol

John Pennington is a prick and has always been negative about Tennessee on hs show. Bob Hodge should never be allowed to be on any TV sport's show. It was a waste of time and money when they expanded that show to 90 minuets.

Good lord Bob Hodge and John Pennington are absolutely clueless. Freezing cold takes.

Been a few ppl to say that about Pearce I just laugh and recognize they didn’t watch an ounce of his film, hell even some of his highlight tapes shows him getting tackles for loss in the run game.

I honestly believe there is just a sect of journalists or talent evaluators acting like they are “impartial” that stop at nothing to never give Tenn credit or their players.

My personal rank is:
Empire Strikes Back
New Hope
Revenge of The Sith
Rogue One
Return of the Jedi
Attack of The Clones
Phantom Menace

The rest, you can pretty much throw in a pile. I did like the Solo movie pretty well. Disney has screwed everything up with all of these disjointed series ( Mando, Ahsoka, etc). Just producing stuff to produce it.
1a) Empire
1b) Return
2) New Hope
3) Mando
4)Rogue One
5) Ahsoka

Airthan else.

Been a few ppl to say that about Pearce I just laugh and recognize they didn’t watch an ounce of his film, hell even some of his highlight tapes shows him getting tackles for loss in the run game.

I honestly believe there is just a sect of journalists or talent evaluators acting like they are “impartial” that stop at nothing to never give Tenn credit or their players.
Yeah and he keeps trashing his Patriots for selecting Joe Milton

Like dude, stfu.

They also have a segment where they talk about "healthiest TN football has been since"

All but Pennington said since 04 going into 05. Pennington tried to make the case for when we were 5-0 going into the A&M game in 2016. Like dude....we were ranked No.1 TWO years ago! We have clearly eclipsed that.

The Pearce thing is baffling. I can agree he got stood up sometimes on his bull rush, but that's it. Other than that he got held. The fact that Hodge can't see that he is more talented than Barnett is wiiilllldd.

He's literally put lineman on their back in live action 🤣 . You can just tell the clowns that don't watch the player they are talking smack about.

I thought Rouge One was really good. Got it #3

What do you like about Attack of the Clones?
I really liked characters like Count Dooku and Mace Windu. I also thought the acting in attack of the clones was really good. A lot of high quality actors in there. That movie also brings Darth Sidious into the forefront. It was also cool to see how Boba Fett became to hate the Jedi.

Reactions: GaffneyVFL89
If you were going to show someone the Star Wars films, who had never seen them, and try and present a coherent story arc - In what order would you show them?

Lay the foundation. Establish Luke, Leia, Han, and Vader’s identity:

A New Hope
Empire Strikes Back

Flashback to the Anakin arc:

Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
Revenge of the Sith

Segue back:

Rogue One

Luke’s ascendency, Anakin fulfills the prophecy:

Return of the Jedi

Han’s arc, Luke’s transfer:

Solo
The Force Awakens

Then tell them it’s over lol
Accurate

Maybe, maybe not .

History says you're correct.
Best 2 teams in the league the last couple of years and neither makes it to the series. Baseball is unpredictable, but a such a great game. Philies, padres, diamond backs were and are not better than the dodgers and braves but collectively beat us both.

Reactions: knoxvol52

Callahan should have told them, “Tell me you don't watch film without telling me you don't watch film.” Pearce’s “one trick” is so good that NFL GMs and scouts believe he may be the #1 pick I guess. 🤷‍♂️

VN Store

Back