Recruiting Football Talk VII

Someone should remind them no one in this country even cared about college baseball outside of a small fringe... until TV and his Rowdy Roster and Daddy hats showed the hell up in Knoxville.
That’s not true. It’s always been popular around me in South Carolina because Clemson and USCe have been traditional powers in the sport. Tennessee just didn’t care because they weren’t.

Also ESPN+ streaming has grown it massively. Before only 2-3 big games and the CWS was televised. Now every game even for mid majors are. That’s the biggest difference outside of power school regions

I will also add that the rise of visibility for the college game has been coupled with the collapse of visibility in MLB. Only a few tv providers carry Bally sports, and even then you only get to watch your regional team. Outside of that you get a game on ESPN every Sunday and that’s it. It’s insane how little MLB is on national TV now compared to when I was a kid

Newest Division 1 baseball projections for tournament has Tennessee as #3 National Seed.

Kentucky #1
Texas A&M #2
Tennessee #3
Clemson #4
Arkansas #5
North Carolina #6
Florida State #7
East Carolina $8

All would host Regionals and Super Regionals

That makes perfect sense. I mean, we're only the #1 ranked team in the nation playing in the toughest conference in the nation. 🙄
🤔Screenshot_20240508_162840_DuckDuckGo.jpg
I knew it!
It did matter.

That’s not true. It’s always been popular around me in South Carolina because Clemson and USCe have been traditional powers in the sport. Tennessee just didn’t care because they weren’t.

Also ESPN+ streaming has grown it massively. Before only 2-3 big games and the CWS was televised. Now every game even for mid majors are. That’s the biggest difference outside of power school regions

I will also add that the rise of visibility for the college game has been coupled with the collapse of visibility in MLB. Only a few tv providers carry Bally sports, and even then you only get to watch your regional team. Outside of that you get a game on ESPN every Sunday and that’s it. It’s insane how little MLB is on national TV now compared to when I was a kid
Yes, it's so popular...that it hardly even gets TV airings 😅 Softball gets more airtime than baseball.

I'm talking in comparison to anything meaningful, it's not even not on the national radar at all. Maybe South Carolina is the outlier.

But at least some folks talk about it now because of what TV has brought to the scene. We're marketable in an unmarketable sport stuck between MLB and minor leagues everywhere.

Yes, it's so popular...that it hardly even gets TV airings 😅 Softball gets more airtime than baseball.

I'm talking in comparison to anything meaningful, it's not even not on the national radar at all. Maybe South Carolina is the outlier.

But at least some folks talk about it now because of what TV has brought to the scene. We're marketable in an unmarketable sport stuck between MLB and minor leagues everywhere.
It’s always been a regional sport since the early 1900’s. The Yankees broke through that, but no one else has. Idk why, but that’s how it’s always been.

Reactions: rikberry31
Attempting to protect the big business of NCAA. I’m soooo shocked.

VN Store

Back