Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cus D’Amato. He died a year before Tyson won the championship against Berbick.
Cus was Tyson's father figure and guiding light. He kept Tyson focused. Tyson continued to succeed after Cus passed, but that's when the spiral really began. He hooked up with Don King, married Robin Givens, and completely spiraled out of control. I think there's a fair argument to be made that if Cus hadn't passed, he could have kept Tyson focused.

Cus was Tyson's father figure and guiding light. He kept Tyson focused. Tyson continued to succeed after Cus passed, but that's when the spiral really began. He hooked up with Don King, married Robin Givens, and completely spiraled out of control. I think there's a fair argument to be made that if Cus hadn't passed, he could have kept Tyson focused.
Don King was the beginning of the end…Buster Douglas happened shortly afterwards. Bill Cayton managed his career flawlessly and Kevin Rooney was a D’Amato protege and kept his technique sharp. When he fired them and let the parasite in, that was the modern tragedy we recognize as his story.

Don King was the beginning of the end…Buster Douglas happened shortly afterwards. Bill Cayton managed his career flawlessly and Kevin Rooney was a D’Amato protege and kept his technique sharp. When he fired them and let the parasite in, that was the modern tragedy we recognize as his story.
Mmm. It was mostly the golden 🦫 that messed with his head. Happens to the best of us…

My point is, I don't think that happens if Cus was still alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back