Recruiting Forum Football Talk XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harbaugh is one of the only names that a Gruden smokescreen makes sense for.

Harbaugh's name popping up a month ago was so random and bizarre that I felt that there had to be something to it.

ANY chance he would resign before the end of the season?

🙄

Some of y’all need to just go ahead and leave.

The Kiffin/Dooley/Butch era have pushed me to the edge of being a negavol. A lackluster hire would push me over that edge. If I go over, I will spare you all by leaving the site. No fun to read negative posts and I don’t want to spoil it all for those who still maintain optimism!

Reactions: 1 person
I’ve had my doubts on Scott Frost. I think it’s too early to guarantee he’s a good hire. He very well could be, but to not have him in the “up and comer” bucket is silly.

On that note, Norvell is a fraud. He’s got 5th year senior Riley’s Fergeson. Any coach could do what he’s doing right now. Fraud is a step word, he might be a good coach. But hiring him based on his success of having a Senior QB is a bad move.

Don’t care about recruiting. Would take Harbaugh right now

As an NFL guy where coach continuity means less (not worried about recruiting pipeline, etc)

Could he be announced and contact recruits while still finish his NFL duties? Not saying it’s happening but curious of the logistics.

The Kiffin/Dooley/Butch era have pushed me to the edge of being a negavol. A lackluster hire would push me over that edge. If I go over, I will spare you all by leaving the site. No fun to read negative posts and I don’t want to spoil it all for those who still maintain optimism!

Tip of the hat

I can respect that. I just cringe when people say or hint that they won’t be Vol fans anymore.

As an NFL guy where coach continuity means less (not worried about recruiting pipeline, etc)

Could he be announced and contact recruits while still finish his NFL duties? Not saying it’s happening but curious of the logistics.

Hard to see how it could work out. I don’t see them announcing during the season and Currie would get destroyed if he doesn’t hire someone soon.

Hubbs deleted his update thread because VQ members threw a fit over no UT news.

... and then brought it back lol

Report just came out Currie hired Leavitt at Kansas State as coach in waiting. He obviously likes him. Could see it being a big selling point in Taggart's favor if he wants the job.

Surprised there's not been more talk about it.

I've wondered about Currie's potential connection to Patterson via K State as well. I know neither Taggart nor Patterson show up on most lists the media puts out, but maybe that's how Currie wants it...

Tip of the hat

I can respect that. I just cringe when people say or hint that they won’t be Vol fans anymore.

Oh don’t get me wrong I will be a Vols fan through and through! No doubt there.

I just have realized I followed the last few coaches way to closely thinking that by following recruiting and the offseason programs I could get real insight into how the season would go. We've recruited great players and hired some well regarded coaches and are sitting on our 6th losing season in 10 years. All I’ve gained from being here is a whole lot of trivia about players and coaches that have not amounted to very much, and it puts me on a strange emotional roller coaster that I can frankly do without. Saturdays in the fall are and always have been the best way to judge where a program is. I will just keep it pure that way.

But with a grand slam hire (Gruden; Harbaugh) I confess I won’t be able to look away!! So. Depends on the hire as to whether I go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back