Recruiting Forum Football Talk XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a dream last night that we lost to UF in another gut-wreching game but pounded UGA. Ended up going 8-5 with another blowout bowl win.

I've dreamt of losing to UF twice already in the last month. They're in my head.

GUYS WE HAVE FOOTBALL ON TONIGHT THOUGH!

8-4. 9-4 with bowl win. GBFO

I hope he does for the press conference afterwards. Spurrier may come in wearing a visor with a couple bottles of Jack strapped on it.

200.gif

Spurrier has a knack for winning gloriously ugly openers that his team appears unprepared for.

Reactions: 2 people
If we don't beat Florida this year I will cry. Again.

I didn't cry last year but I distinctly remember my legs shaking when I stood up to leave after it had become clear that we'd lost...again. That was one of the most deflating moments I've had as a Vols fan, and deflating moments have not been in short supply these last several years.

Last edited:
I didn't cry but last year but I distinctly remember my legs shaking when I stood up to leave after it had become clear that we'd lost...again. That was one of the most deflating moments I've had as a Vols fan, and deflating moments have not been in short supply these last several years.

In 2012 any sadness I had quickly turned to anger/relief at knowing that even though we lost, the wheels were probably turning in the "fire Dooley" sentiment.

2013 sucked, but I didn't expect to win that game.

2014 though...whew. That was tough. TOUGH. UNC and LSU sucked horribly, but there still a palpable sense that, even though we lost, we sort of won if not for a stupid rule or a crazy penalty.

But with the 2014 UF game, it was almost like the Gators had sandbagged for 3 quarters on purpose, then turned it on just enough to beat us by the narrowest of margins. The whole thing almost felt orchestrated to destroy our hopes and dreams in the coldest, cruelest, and most calculated way.

Reactions: 1 person
I didn't cry but last year but I distinctly remember my legs shaking when I stood up to leave after it had become clear that we'd lost...again. That was one of the most deflating moments I've had as a Vols fan, and deflating moments have not been in short supply these last several years.

I had to sit next to the Florida bench and band so listening to the jort wearing morons cheer made me furious

I distinctly remember at watching the play clock go to 0 on the Florida FG play that gave them the lead. After they made it with no penalty I knew we lost.

I distinctly remember at watching the play clock go to 0 on the Florida FG play that gave them the lead. After they made it with no penalty I knew we lost.

Strip sack sealed it for me. I knew it was over at that point. Once the momentum swings UF's way when they play us in ANY sport, it's over. Done. Finito.

Gamecocks. Their defense should be better under Hock.

Yeah, but I don't know if they will be able to outscore UNC tonight. Their offense is going to be nowhere close to last years form.

Last edited:
Strip sack sealed it for me. I knew it was over at that point. Once the momentum swings UF's way when they play us in ANY sport, it's over. Done. Finito.

Sigh... we would've won double digits with Dobbs in

In 2012 any sadness I had quickly turned to anger/relief at knowing that even though we lost, the wheels were probably turning in the "fire Dooley" sentiment.

2013 sucked, but I didn't expect to win that game.

2014 though...whew. That was tough. TOUGH. UNC and LSU sucked horribly, but there still a palpable sense that, even though we lost, we sort of won if not for a stupid rule or a crazy penalty.

But with the 2014 UF game, it was almost like the Gators had sandbagged for 3 quarters on purpose, then turned it on just enough to beat us by the narrowest of margins. The whole thing almost felt orchestrated to destroy our hopes and dreams in the coldest, cruelest, and most calculated way.

This pretty much describes my feelings exactly in all three instances. I had lost faith in Dooley after 2011 vs. Kentucky, but the way 2012 started made me think things could still be saved. Then when we were up 20-13 on UF I thought we were going to win. Then the wheels came off. That's when I felt in my gut that it was really over for Dooley.

Like you, I didn't expect to win in 2013.

But last year was a gut punch, a knife twisting and turning in my back. It was like you said: as though it had been written for maximum cruelty. The game I thought of in the aftermath was Kentucky in 2007 from their perspective, when all they needed was a field goal in overtime to end their suffering, and it was us who defied the odds and took it away to add to their misery. After losing to Florida I thought this was what Kentucky fans must have felt like: to have sweet victory dangled in front of you, only to have it snatched away to echoes of mocking laughter.

Add to that Muschamp rubbing the fans' faces in it and I was not in a good place for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back