Richmond expects to start

I love his confidence and attitude. Unless he's just a spectacular player, I doubt he starts game 1. I could see him starting after 4-5 games. If he does start game 1, what does that exactly say/mean? Does it mean he's just that dang good, or the player he replaced just wasn't very good?

It'd be great if Richomnd and Blair/Kendrick could lock down the OT positions. We could then move Kerbs back inside and redshirt the rest of the freshman. If Crowder starts at C, I would love to see:

RT: Blair/Kendrick
RG: Robertson
C: Crowder
LG: Jackson
LT: Richmond

Backups

LT: Kerbs
LG: Sanders
C: Robertson/Ray
RG: Big Mo
RT: Kendrick/Blair

Redshirt

Weisman
Coleman
Hall
Jones
Boulware

That'd let Thomas have 3 more years as our future C with Weisman having two years left as the backup. Richmond and Kendrick/Blair get reps all year so we can make a huge run for the playoffs in 2016. Jones/Hall/ etc get stronger and smarter, and keep their eligibility for the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I will be surprised if he can come in, learn the playbook, and get SEC physically ready by the first game. By game 4 it could be a different story. If he had been an early enrollee then I would expect him to start game 1.

I aint trying to be a jerk, but just pointing out, he doesn't have to be SEC-ready by the first game -- we start with Bowling Green, a game where a freshman could get some OJT, make some mistakes, and we should still win without too much trouble.

The next week vs. OU, of course would be a whole nother thang.

Then you seem to imply that he could potentially be ready by game 4 ... and that is indeed when we have our first SEC game. :hi:

It'd be great if Richomnd and Blair/Kendrick could lock down the OT positions. We could then move Kerbs back inside and redshirt the rest of the freshman. If Crowder starts at C, I would love to see:

RT: Blair/Kendrick
RG: Robertson
C: Crowder
LG: Jackson
LT: Richmond

Backups

LT: Kerbs
LG: Sanders
C: Robertson/Ray
RG: Big Mo
RT: Kendrick/Blair

Redshirt

Weisman
Coleman
Hall
Jones
Boulware

That'd let Thomas have 3 more years as our future C with Weisman having two years left as the backup. Richmond and Kendrick/Blair get reps all year so we can make a huge run for the playoffs in 2016. Jones/Hall/ etc get stronger and smarter, and keep eligibility for the future.

That would be awesome if it could unfold that way.

If coleman thomas can start and last year and get blown by almost every play then why not drew RIchmond a top 100 player

That's the attitude to have by golly.

If he doesn't start I hope the keeps the positive attitude.

Good football players expect to start and play football, most are already very very competitive and I would expect to hear nothing else from Richmond.

Jashon was not ideal. Not to mention that a couple of guys who've been in program might have something to say about it.

At some point god given talent outweighs experience. Besides if a true freshman can start at LT at Bama it can happen on our line especially with what we saw last year.
Also I see any freshman that comes in and beats out a guy that we've already seen as a positive. I mean the guys we've seen are the baseline if they play over those baseline guys how could that be viewed as anything but an improvement?

Reactions: 1 person
Hope he does start at LT and Blair at RT. That's the only way the line will have improved from last year's disaster. Thomas needs to start at center. How many times was Crowder bull rushed last year and ended up in the backfield and DE's flying past Kerbyson? Things have to change.

Hope he does start at LT and Blair at RT. That's the only way the line will have improved from last year's disaster. Thomas needs to start at center. How many times was Crowder bull rushed last year and ended up in the backfield and DE's flying past Kerbyson? Things have to change.

Not quite true. Many of our returning linemen have worked hard, got stronger, got in more reps this spring, and are different animals from what they were last fall. Don't sleep on Kendrick, Sanders, etc.

As the other poster said, may the best man win.

... and the next best, better stay ready.

Uh, I counted 4 or 5 out of about 750 total plays with 0 bad snaps out of 750 plays. Fairly common for when a Center is taking on a Nose solo. We used the Guards to help out our tackles a lot last year too leaving the Centers in a one-on-one with the Nose (not a good idea).

For taller lineman like Thomas, typically a 6'6" lineman plays Tackle and on rare occasions Guard. The prototypical Center is 6'2"

Last edited:
I hope he is good enough to start. Let Kerb move to the right and let the others add depth. Would be a great situation for us.

I hope he is good enough to start. Heck, I hope every other newcomer is that good too.

But, having a true FR starting on the OL with UF and OU licking their chops does not excite me. We need to win early, not have FR take his lumps at the teams expense.

Not a fan of freshmen OLs (especially tackle) starting vs seasoned SEC competition.

If he didn't expect to start, would not want.

Are you one of these people?

49e.jpg

I love his attitude,that is exactly what UT needs in this crop of freshmen,talented players with the right attitude

but,he is also a freshmen,and yes,I will say it again,that usually isn't good in the SEC,he may be the exception,but nobody really knows

like others have said,I do believe there will be an improvement on the OL,how big ?that is to be determined,

they do have another year in the S&C program,they have played quiet a bit of football together,so they should be a lot better

I would love to see them gel and have the freshmen red shirt this year,but that may not happen,best of luck to all the OL and a huge stay healthy this year for all of them

VN Store

Back