Rick Barnes has emerged as a serious candidate the for UCLA job, reportedly has interviewed

Well, can't find the link! Hopefully a moot point anyway since we have a different athletic director now.

If Barnes really is a legitimate contender for UCLA (which I believe is questionable), I would expect him to jump at the offer. I don't buy the "loves Tennessee" and "California is too expensive" angles. It would be a nice upgrade for Barnes.

Why start over?

He has it made here.

I think UT is currently a much tougher gig than UCLA.
UT is in the heart of ACC & SEC country with the BIG 10 & BIG 12 on the fringes battling for recruits like crazy.
Plus the SEC is strong on the coaching lately which will make it even tougher.
Plus the PAC12 is horrible & recruiting to UCLA would 10Xs easier with all of the talent in SoCal alone.
All that being said please stay home Rick

It would be unreal if this happened....and yet it wouldn’t because we are Tennessee....and the worst possible s*** happens to our programs. I could literally write a book.

Reactions: WeAreTheRealUT.
He’s second in the league only behind Cal. If his pay and the fan support aren’t enough to keep his butt in Knoxville then it is what it is.

It doesn’t matter about “league” pay. You are competing nationally.

But, Barnes slots in at #14 nationally. As others have posted, this likely is about more than money.

Bruce Pearl

Jamie Dixon

Casey Alexander

In that order
The only way I support Pearl in any fashion is if we hire him again. I don't believe we would even go after him, and I just can't imagine what it would be like if he didn't deliver some deep tourney runs immediately...

Reactions: Sudden Impact
There it is the hire Greg Marshall post. I bet his head is as big as a 55 gallon drum. Every season, every job his name is mentioned

Good coach who might finally be ready for a bigger pond. But, believe it or not, his salary is greater than Barnes.

If Barnes were to leave, he would go from beloved coach to a hated coach within nanoseconds whether it’s fair or not. For him to be even entertaining the idea is annoying. TN set him up pretty nicely after getting canned at TX. It’s a two way street. I’m very thankful for what coach Barnes has done here but one can say TN has done as much for him. JMO.

Basketball programs are easier to turn around with talent than football.

It’s not rocket science.

Comparing the two is asinine
Your go to line..."Its not rocket science."

I realize talent can turn a program around. That isn't my point, nor has it ever been my point. You keep creating an argument that doesn't exist. Culture and talent are two different things. Has Barnes seemed like a guy that would just looking to collect talent unchecked over the past 4 years at Tennessee? He is aiming to win the right way with the right guys for his program. Guys that want to work hard and buy in. He isn't chasing guys with 4 and 5 *s next to their name for the sake of it. He has been selective in that process. No reason to think he'd change that approach now.

Its UCLA fans on twitter saying they have sources. But Some site that is unverified reported in about a hour before the Serious candidate stuff came out tho which speaks to me.

Lol, that "source" links to an expired domain, would be very skeptical of it

Bruce Pearl

Jamie Dixon

Casey Alexander

In that order

I have a hard time seeing Fulmer taking a chance with Pearl. Wishful thinking by the fans, but he's not going to go there. Dixon has that buyout. Alexander would come cheap. Wonder if he's going to be a flash in the pan?

VN Store

Back