RIP Reggie Cobb

I remember playing high school ball against him, as well competing in track. Always loved watching his talent, even when it was against my team. RIP.

Absolutely heartbreaking , being 35 years old now and growing up being a Vols fan . I was him so many times in the back yard with my brothers . One of my first favorite players to Dawn the orange . And still one of my all time favs . He may be gone but he will never be forgotten !! Prayers to his family

I played football with Reggie at Central. I remember a coach specifically telling us to not tackle him below the knees in practice so we wouldn't risk hurting his legs. I don't think he told Reggie.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Was Reggie related to Randall Cobb (nephew,cousin,etc)? I know both are from the Knoxville area. Coincidence?

Wow..Shocker. So young..Loved watching him play Loved that play. He ran right into the end zone we were sitting in . My first "big game"(My first was the Col State game and then Duke that year). I had just started working for the Vol Radio Network and this was the first game my Dad and me went to together (he came down from my hometown Massachusetts ). My son was born a couple of weeks beforehand My Godfather was there too. My Godfather "Joycey" said before the game when it was pouring in his Irish brogue , "How many people do you think will show up for the game.?"I told him "95K and no one will leave. " he chuckled a little. Then sitting in Y9 in our ponchos late in the 3rd quarter he looked around as it was still pouring "You know you were right Not a soul has left" What a great day. That game really began our family's 30 year journey as Vol fans. Dad and me went to the Notre Dame game the next year together and the Miracle at South Bend too. A couple of SEC championship games (with my young son making it 3 generation game-days) . Every Florida loss in the Swamp during the 90's and the Gator Bowl in the Swamp and all the Citrus bowl games. Some of my fondest family days for sure

Last edited:
Cobb/Webb played right around the time I started actually knowing what was going on in Football (I was 10 or so). I have gone to UT games since I was born (family tradition in my dad's side of the family) but there is always that point where you go from watching it because of your dad to watching it with your dad. Those two will always be my a large part of my "glory days".

VN Store

Back