Roman Harper predicts Tennessee's record..........

If you have to ask then I can’t help you

The Texas A&M team Bama lost to last season, was that team better than Bama?

I think that’s the part a lot of you are missing about this. You can have better coaches and a better roster and still occasionally lose. There’s a certain level of luck that comes into this. Especially in 1 possession games.

I don’t think we are more than a TD better than those teams

Reactions: CornbreadVol
That’s the craziness I’m attempting to push back against. It’s very possible Heupel does everything right and loses six games.

Pitt, Florida, USC, Kentucky, LSU, Bama, Georgia, are all possible loses even if we have Nick Saban as our coach. Injuries, tipped balls, fumbles, when you’re one TD or less better than a team, chance comes into play just as much as coaching
Already making excuses for a 6 win season. Time to expect something good. If he can't win 8 this year with a healthy roster he won't last any longer than the last 3 coaches the preceded him.

Because the writing will be on the wall that he's not gonna pan out in this leauge. I actually have more optimism for him than any of the last 3. But only time will tell.

That’s not how that works. Elite coaches lose games they should win to lesser coaches with less talent.

I think we have to see incremental improvement. We were 15 points away from a 10-3 season last year (-7 Pitt, -5 Ole Miss, -3 Purdue).

We should be a better team than last year while a team like Pitt should be worse. Florida & LSU both have new head coaches, and UF will be in Knoxville.

USC and UK should both be better, however. They could prove troublesome.

I think 8-4 is the floor for this team, and I do not find that unrealistic or unreasonable. That should be a sensible expectation in Year 2 with a favorable schedule and opponent situations, as well as the further implementation of Heupel’s scheme and player development within it.

Some of ya'll are setting yourselves up to be let down. I think too many people believe player growth is linear and anyone coming back will magically be better. That's not how this works. Given how well our QB played last year, regression is more likely than progression statistically. He may play better (better reads, more accurate, etc), but the odds of it showing up in the stat line are very low (especially his TD/INT ratio).

Our pass protection will be a problem. Our defense will likely be a problem. 10 wins is possible, don't get me wrong. But I'm afraid some may be seeing that as the expected outcome instead of the exceptional outcome.
Thank you. Some of these folks are drunk

I think it’s crucial we come out of September 4-0.

Crucial?? My word is similar, as in "wishful"......

No expectations for the Vols this year. Hoping for a winning season - which would be two in a row. Good Bowl game would be icing on the cake.

Go Big Orange

I have a strange feeling that after we get the WINS against PITT and then against floriDUHHH that some things are going to happen to our beloved footVOL Team.

1...They are seriously going to BELIEVE in their Team like nobody else would believe.

2...They are going to be a rock solid Team of DETERMINATION and a refusal to lose like we haven't seen in many, many years on the hill.

After we start out 4-0 our boys will roll into Baton Rouge fired up and ready to go but as they walk onto the field of Death Valley the look in their eyes will change, they'll become lazer focused and that Team Determination will take over and they'll really give their all for Tennessee and each other.

As they leave LSWho with their 5th WIN in a row they may be really tired but also a very happy Team.

Yes, we may lose some games along the way this season but we'll see the fight come out of them and the Determination like our troops have when they know they're headed into combat.

Even if we do lose a game we should all cheer them on as loud as we can and be VERY proud of our footVOL Team because they may be totally exhausted and only lost because the other team had so many more guys and depth that we don't have...YET!

We'll also leave behind something we haven't left behind in many years...FEAR, this is the season that the old FEAR of having to play against Tennessee will start to come back.

As that FEAR starts to creep in along with it start to come some Doubt creeping on.

That doubt that the Vols ARE getting better much faster than anyone would believe and that creeping Fear and Doubt that they can get another Win next season.

Many of us are old enough to remember when we expected to WIN most every game and most other teams had a serious FEAR of having to play against Tennessee, especially if they had to come to our house in Neyland.

CJH and this Determined Team of Vols are going to start bringing back our old Traditional FEAR again!

Watch closely and look these players right in their eyes and I think you'll see that the BELIEVE and are as DETERMINED as any Vols Team you've seen in a very long time.

Thank God for our beloved Tennessee Vols!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

I stopped watching and listening to anyone at ESPN or the SEC network years ago. Talking heads with not much upstairs. It really is clown show. Go Vols!

10-2 with a 2nd year HC? I think our HC is doing a great job but I dont know about beating the stacked UGA great. That just seems unrealistic IMO

I think it’s crucial we come out of September 4-0.

A loss at Pitt would be demoralizing, but a win against Florida is essential for success this year and moving forward. Pitt lost Pickett to the NFL and their top WR to USC, so I feel really good about our chances there.

Losing at home to UF with a first-year head coach just bodes ill. If not now, then when will we have a better advantage over the Gators?

Go 4-0, get to the Bye week unscathed, and prepare for a battle in the Bayou.

Lsu after the Bye; I like Tennessee's chances. MOF, I'm calling that a W! No way they score with the Vols.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
10-2 with a 2nd year HC? I think our HC is doing a great job but I dont know about beating the stacked UGA great. That just seems unrealistic IMO

Kiffin did it in year 2 at Ole Miss so why not? But I'll have to see an upset of Alabama or Georgia this year to believe it so those 2 are L's.

VN Store

Back