Rucker: Vols aren’t better than last season-still hasn’t proved anything yet

We gave Alabama a game because they lost Tua….If you honest to god want to consider that a moral victory then by all means go for it...UAB got destroyed the week after they played us 37-2 by Southern Miss so does that win really look that good?...Not trying to be a negavol but all this we are back and ready crap is hilarious...We have lost some games to teams that had no business being on the field with us...We still are not a very good team....We are getting better in some areas, Defense is getting better and they are gaining confidence but if they split or even lost the remaining 2 games it would not shock me...Lets hope they get them both.

How about we injured UAB’s experience starter and they had to play a freshman against Southern Miss. My bad, that screws with your point. The OL and DL is pushing others around and if we split, then we have two more SEC wins than last year. If we win both, we are 5-3 in conference. But team isn’t showing improvement? What a cuck is ruck the *uck

We're better than last year's team just from the perspective of the personnel on the field now versus then. Think Smith and Kennedy make no difference on an OL for example?

We're better in a lot of aspects but our offensive production is really holding this team back. So we've improved but our record shows that we haven't.

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
We have looked good the past 5 games but the teams we have beaten are all average to below average. MSST, USC, UAB and KY are not very good teams. None were in the top 25 when we played them. We beat two ranked teams last year. It LOOKS like we are playing much better as a team and we are not getting blown out as much but our RESULTS in terms of wins and losses and the quality of our wins aren’t significantly better. However if we beat Missouri and Vandy I think we can honestly say we are better this year.

Funny how people are so quick to get upset about an observation that is so undeniably true. Pruitt has yet to prove he is capable of having a better season than he had last year. If we win one of the last two, then we will have definitely improved -- not enough for most of us to get really excited, but still an improvement. He hasn't done that yet. We could still lose them both, like we did in Pruitt's Year One. Be honest and try to imagine how good you will feel about this season if that happens. Are any of us really going to look back on Year Two as being appreciably better than Year One? I know I won't.

He says they haven't PROVED they are better. That is true. If they win Saturday, that would be proof. Very simple.

You are what your record says you are.
Right now, 5-5, same as last year after 10 games.

BUT, I believe we end up 7-5 regular season with a nice bowl invitation. 8-5 after we spank a rated team in a bowl.

Then, start out 2020 season ranked in top 25!!! 😁

West Virginia (L)
ETSU (W)
UTEP (W)
Florida (L)
Georgia (L)
Auburn (W)
Alabama (L)
South Carolina (L)
Charlotte (W)
Kentucky (W)
Missouri (L)
Vanderbilt (L)

Georgia State (L)
BYU (L)
Chattanooga (W)
Florida (L)
Georgia (L)
Mississippi State (W)
Alabama (L)
South Carolina (W)
UAB (W)
Kentucky (W)
Missouri (?)
Vanderbilt (?)

I posted the last two seasons above.

I lean more to the eye test and say that this year's team is a lot better.

Having said that, a lot of the teams on the schedule in 2019 are worse than they were in 2018 and I don't know how much different the record would be if those teams were as good as they were in 2018.

Quite frankly.....the SEC East is terrible this season.

If he can't tell this team is better than last years at this time he needs to quit writing articles about football.

Until the Vols prove it on the field by beating Mizzou and Vanderbilt the record suggest that they haven’t improved, and there will always be folks around to point that out. Beating Mizzou at their place and Vanderbilt will give the Vols 5 SEC wins which would be significant improvement over last season. But, until they do, not much has changed from last season.

This is a guy who proudly tweeted he’s always wanted to call Josh Dobbs “the dumbest guy” to do something.
such a hack
He and Dobbs are friends, it was a joke, Dobbs even replied back to him. Nothing like calling someone a hack over the computer about a tweet you clearly misunderstood.

How do these guys not proofread their article? It’s not just a post on VN that doesn't matter if you forget a word here or there. I can’t take him serious with constant and obvious terrible grammar. Yeah I’m that guy.

VN Store

Back