Rumor (Jeremy Bates)

Not saying he didn't get make the right choice by moving on, but calling him an alumni is accurate by definition of the loosest definition of the term only. I took a couple of classes at ETSU to make graduating from Milligan quicker, but I'd never pretend to be an ETSU alum.

You're right, alumni was a stretch.

The VFL part and legacy as noted early isn't though.

Serious question, does anybody have a link to this outside of UT focused sports reporting? It sounds like a red herring because I've not seen it outside of UT circles. The only people discussing DeBord the last 2 years are UT fans.

Legitimate question here.

I've yet to see anything on it either.

Quinn and DeBord crossed paths in Seattle so it makes some sense.

Shanahan has already been anointed the OC though so it goes back to him being a position coach if true.

I'm with you on this. Michigan was never know to have a prolific offense during the period he was OC...even during their NC season. They are kind of like Ole Miss was earlier this season. 80% Defense - 20% Offense.

This is why I despise the rhetoric regarding fans wanting a "sexy hire." That's pure BS. What employer doesn't want to hire the most qualified prospect and one who is currently excelling in the role for which they are being evaluated?

It's not hard for fans to see where success is occurring, how a certain coach's scheme fits their own team's, and simply want the type of success for their program.

Exactly my thinking as well.

I make a few quips on DeBord and someone attempts to take me to task.

No one can legitimately look at where he stands currently and what his resume has on file currently though and say there isn't other viable, qualified candidates out there that can bring as much or more to the team.

Jones himself said this is about enhancing the offense. I don't see where DeBord does that.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm just calling a spade a spade. Jeremy Bates is not a true alumni. You can go ahead and quit reading things from me I haven't posted though.

I'm just calling a grammar police wannabe a grammar police wannabe.

He is not an alumni because that word is plural, either for males, mixed company or indeterminate gender.

According to Webster and other lexicographers, he does meet the definition for being an alumnus (singular form).

alumna - female, singular
alumnae - female, plural

The definition typically implies graduate of said school. As I mentioned (but no one looks at), by the loose definition of being a student there, he can claim alumni status. Even though all his real football memories and degree are from Rice. But flame on people. It's what you sheep do.

Reactions: 2 people
The definition typically implies graduate of said school. As I mentioned (but no one looks at), by the loose definition of being a student there, he can claim alumni status. Even though all his real football memories and degree are from Rice. But flame on people. It's what you sheep do.

Don't blame me, I agreed with you :thumbsup:

Still think Bates makes sense as a replacement QB coach regardless of the school if Azzani leaves and there ends up being two openings.

There are better hires imo, but based off the names I've seen here and elsewhere, he's the best name I've seen.

In before all the Butch lovers tell me I have to trust Butch, that he's God and I don't have the right as a fan to question who runs the ship of my favorite football team. And now I'm in before all those same fans tell me I can go root for Bama.

Reactions: 4 people

It implies nothing. It has a definition, maybe one that is hard to understand since you're a Milligan grad.

I consider myself a vol alum even though I didn't graduate from UT. I spent 2 years there then had to graduate from UVA and get another degree from William and Mary just to get a decent job outside of East Tenn.

I'm absolutely not a sheep. I come around to make myself feel better and laugh at the average vol fan. I give money each year because I love the football team and a significant portion of my wife's family (including her) are grads. The average fan on this site may follow each other around like morons but I certainly do not.

It implies nothing. It has a definition, maybe one that is hard to understand since you're a Milligan grad.

I consider myself a vol alum even though I didn't graduate from UT. I spent 2 years there then had to graduate from UVA and get another degree from William and Mary just to get a decent job outside of East Tenn.

I'm absolutely not a sheep. I come around to make myself feel better and laugh at the average vol fan. I give money each year because I love the football team and a significant portion of my wife's family (including her) are grads. The average fan on this site may follow each other around like morons but I certainly do not.

not the herder I'm speaking of. Maybe that time at UVa and W&M should have been spent taking classes to learn context clues.

More threads would begin with "A little birdy told me...."

On Facebooks buy sale and trade pages soms will delete your post if you dont include both a price and pic.

Maybe we should ban all threads that.don't include a.link or some sort of pic lol

I would like to see Jeremy Bates get the QB coaches job. I played with him at Sevier County and he always worked hard at being the best he could be. Hes only like 5'9'' if he was taller he would have been a great QB. I'm sure he takes that type of work ethic into his coaching as well.

There are better hires imo, but based off the names I've seen here and elsewhere, he's the best name I've seen.

In before all the Butch lovers tell me I have to trust Butch, that he's God and I don't have the right as a fan to question who runs the ship of my favorite football team. And now I'm in before all those same fans tell me I can go root for Bama.

Why don't you go pull for the Buffaloes and I'll pull for the Owls while we are at it?

LOL

Oh snap! You did it now! Wait to be attacked for giving money and "bragging" about it.

VN Store

Back