Saturday practice updates 4/18

Barnett and Phillips working at LB: One interesting thing of note was that Kyle Phillips and Derek Barnett, both working out in just helmets and workout gear as they rehab, were getting reps in individual drills with the linebackers. That obviously doesn’t necessarily mean a permanent position change or anything like that, but interesting that, at least right now, they are being used in that capacity.

http://www.rockytopinsider.com/2015/04/18/defensive-practice-notes-418/

Agility drills most likely. They'll never play LB.

For the final rep, Butch Jones called out Aaron Medley and Joshua Dobbs as the pairing, but blew the horn before allowing the two to participate. He laughed into the microphone as he addressed the students, saying, “I’m dumb, but I’m not that dumb.”

:lolabove: God I love that guy.

Reactions: 7 people
Finishing the circle of life drill with Dobbs facing off against Medley....priceless.

Mosley is, er, heavy--needs to lose at least 25 pounds, based on what I see of him, and there is a lot to see.

Yes. But he also has to repair his mental aspect. He was in a horrible accident. Hes working hard and getting better. Thats all you can ask for him.

Reactions: 5 people
Barnett and Phillips working at LB: One interesting thing of note was that Kyle Phillips and Derek Barnett, both working out in just helmets and workout gear as they rehab, were getting reps in individual drills with the linebackers. That obviously doesn’t necessarily mean a permanent position change or anything like that, but interesting that, at least right now, they are being used in that capacity.

http://www.rockytopinsider.com/2015/04/18/defensive-practice-notes-418/
Maybe preparing for 21 personnel, Arky?

Butch Jones has created a player driven team with very good talent. Given a little luck, team #119 may indeed surprise the SEC east and west.
Ladies and gentlemen, it's time!
almost.......2 1/2 mos
Go Vol's

VN Store

Back