Saulsberry status

Hate to see players hurt and hope its not serious. Injuries on the line can be a killer when a team is already thin on the depth chart and young. FL offensive line was a good example last season.

Reactions: 2 people
Just enough, assuming. I expect to see some more "tryouts" by some other hog mollies on the team. At this point DT is our achilles. Which reminds me..2010.

Who would you consider the best candidates? Are there other DE's that could slide inside? Lewis?

Mixon, Williamsx2, Sawyers, Obrien, that's five.
Most likely candidates to move inside on passing downs would be Vickers, Barnett or Hendrix. Of course Robertson could move back to DL if he doesn't start on OL.

They can guess but I doubt they have done anything more than an xray, which shows no soft tissue damage

Even then, you would rarely guess Meniscus/MCL/ACL... That is like an explosion inside your need.

I'm not saying that is not the case. But if it were, I think the media, and some fans with a good vantage point would be be saying "Looks like he is out for the season." The trifecta is not the kind of injury that happens without someone noticing.

Mixon, Williamsx2, Sawyers, Obrien, that's five.
Most likely candidates to move inside on passing downs would be Vickers, Barnett or Hendrix. Of course Robertson could move back to DL if he doesn't start on OL.

Sounds like Robertson may be a future star on the OL.

However, if Saulsberry is out for an extended period, I have to wonder if Robertson may switch to the DL if the need is greater there, and the staff can rely on the other OL to get the job done.

Who would you consider the best candidates? Are there other DE's that could slide inside? Lewis?

I'm neither a roster junkie or a subscriber to tos' s to tell me how they are all progressing or what any of them may have played in HS but I was thinking maybe a guy like Hendrix. We'd of course be speaking of worst case scenario prep though. From what I had read Dewayne was very explosive.

For guys on our roster presently listed as DL Saulsberry was our 3rd largest behind Mosley and Sawyers.

It had been discussed we would be a lighter quicker DL this year and it got moved that way even more.

Last edited:
well the big, slow line hasnt worked the past few years. It was terrible. Ill take quicker and a little smaller. Even though outside of McCullers and Couch (who didnt play) our DL still might be bigger now. Pretty sure Hood and Walls were only like 270-275 last year.

Last edited:
In 1998 we faired pretty well with a four man rotation, Billy Ratliff 6-3 275, Ron Green 6-1 275, Darwin Walker 6-3 281 and Jeff Coleman 6-4 242. I say we slide someone inside and go with a six man rotation.

VN Store

Back