Seed List

6 is better than the dreaded 5-12 matchup. Anyone think this team would avoid being upset by a 12?
Anywhere in the 4-7 range is ripe for an upset. 1 seeds are safe. 2 seeds probably lose about 1 in 50. 3 seeds probably about 1 in 8. Past that it’s 1 in 5 or better that the better seed will lose.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Lunardi isn’t highly ranked among bracketologists fwiw

"Bracketology" has always felt like somewhat of a sham to me; I understand the difficulty and how a bracket is graded via the Paymon score, but the picture becomes pretty damn clear once the buzzer sounds at the SEC Tournament. It'd be way more impressive and interesting, to me at least, seeing how brackets created prior to the start of the season did (with less emphasis on exact placement since that would be kind of a crapshoot) since you'd have been Nostradamus had you put Michigan and Alabama as 1 and 2 seeds back then.

Moved up to top overall 6 seed...

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

starting at 4 seeds...

13. Oklahoma State
14. Texas
15. Purdue
16. Virginia
17. Florida State
18. USC
19. Creighton
20. Texas Tech
21. Tennessee
22. Colorado
23. Clemson
24. Oklahoma
25. BYU
26. Missouri
27. Oregon
28. Wisconsin

Reactions: Ericvol2096
Here's the College Sports Madness bracketology. They have Tennessee as a #6 Seed opening the NCAA Tournament playing #11 Seed Michigan State. Here's Tennessee's opening bracket.

#6 Tennessee
#11 Michigan State

#3 West Virginia
#14 Grand Canyon

Men's Basketball Bracketology

We feel more like a 5 seed right now with an opportunity to move up the seed line if we make a run in the SECT. I’m just hoping we don’t get stuck in a possible 4-5 matchup with Ok St. Would like to stay clear of that Cunningham kid.

We feel more like a 5 seed right now with an opportunity to move up the seed line if we make a run in the SECT. I’m just hoping we don’t get stuck in a possible 4-5 matchup with Ok St. Would like to stay clear of that Cunningham kid.
Georgia Tech is red hot and would be a tough game for Tennessee at this point.

Reactions: VolPack22
Georgia Tech is red hot and would be a tough game for Tennessee at this point.
Yes but this is the worst I’ve seen the ACC in years. It was just a couple years ago they had three 1 seeds in the tournament and now their top 2 teams are around the 4-5 seed line. I’ll take my chances with GT over a potential number 1 overall draft pick.

Here's the College Sports Madness bracketology. They have Tennessee as a #6 Seed opening the NCAA Tournament playing #11 Seed Michigan State. Here's Tennessee's opening bracket.

#6 Tennessee
#11 Michigan State

#3 West Virginia
#14 Grand Canyon

Men's Basketball Bracketology

This would be less than ideal. Better hope we win a few in the SEC tournament this weekend. I want to avoid MSU like the plague.

Oklahoma St is ranked 36th in KenPom and is projected as a 4 seed. Wisconsin 11th and projected as a 7 seed.

starting at 4 seeds...

13. Oklahoma State
14. Texas
15. Purdue
16. Virginia
17. Florida State
18. USC
19. Creighton
20. Texas Tech
21. Tennessee
22. Colorado
23. Clemson
24. Oklahoma
25. BYU
26. Missouri
27. Oregon
28. Wisconsin
A helpful rooting guide for conference tournaments. Only game of note today is BYU vs Gonzaga. A BYU win could jump them over us.

I know some of it is subjective, but some of these brackets have teams ahead of us that I don't think have better resumes than us.

Florida State, Colorado, Creighton, Villanova all have equal or worse resumes than us. Lunardi has Texas Tech as a 5 seed. They are 5-9 in Quadrants 1/2; we are 7-7. Tech's best wins are Texas (Net 24) and OU (33), both twice, and LSU (28). We have wins against Net teams 12, 14, 16, and 29.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
I know some of it is subjective, but some of these brackets have teams ahead of us that I don't think have better resumes than us.

Florida State, Colorado, Creighton, Villanova all have equal or worse resumes than us. Lunardi has Texas Tech as a 5 seed. They are 5-9 in Quadrants 1/2; we are 7-7. Tech's best wins are Texas (Net 24) and OU (33), both twice, and LSU (28). We have wins against Net teams 12, 14, 16, and 29.

Agreed. And, to be honest, I think some (not most, but some) of the negative perception surrounding Tennessee is the fact that we were a pre-season favorite to win the SEC and be a nat'l championship team and we have utterly failed to live up to that hype. So, I think some people are biasing our seeding down just a bit, because rather than exceeding expectations like some of the teams (i.e. Colorado) we've not come close to meeting our expectations. Just a thought.

Reactions: Tnphil and VolGee4
Oklahoma St is ranked 36th in KenPom and is projected as a 4 seed. Wisconsin 11th and projected as a 7 seed.

Thing is with Oklahoma St is they are for now eligible for the postseason due to their appeal with the NCAA. If that appeal is denied then they will no longer be eligible. So that is a slippery slope for the Cowboys.

Better yet, if this team would just play to their potential I wouldnt worry about playing any teams until reaching the Sweet 16. Outside of a team or two March is all about runs, and we are due for one.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

starting at 4 seeds...

13. Oklahoma State
14. Texas
15. Purdue
16. Virginia
17. Florida State
18. USC
19. Creighton
20. Texas Tech