Serious Question Here Guys

How are our Vols supposed to finally beat Florida this year like many have been saying including myself that this is the year we beat them. Not even just Florida...how are we supposed to win an SEC game with Justin Worley making all these dumb decisions? I love my Vols and will always root for them until the end but I think it would be a miracle if we went 6-6 this year. The future is definitely bright but I don't see Worley leading us to a bowl the way the offense is going.

Worley is not the problem. He gives us the best chance to win. Peyton Manning could not of done better last night against Oklahoma. The problem is the O-line. We knew that before the season. Worley cant throw the ball if someone in his face all the time like Oklahoma was. The only problem I have with Worley is, if we are going to be a read option team. Then he needs to keep the ball some and run it. Oklahoma was not even looking at Worley when he ran those plays. There was a few times the right side was wide open for him to run.

How are our Vols supposed to finally beat Florida this year like many have been saying including myself that this is the year we beat them. Not even just Florida...how are we supposed to win an SEC game with Justin Worley making all these dumb decisions? I love my Vols and will always root for them until the end but I think it would be a miracle if we went 6-6 this year. The future is definitely bright but I don't see Worley leading us to a bowl the way the offense is going.

I am a Worley fan... Kid has guts but wasn't getting any time to release the ball

Reactions: 2 people
A little slow getting rid of the ball but, other than that, not bad.

Last edited:
Listen closely, chilluns - I said it a million times - you CAN'T expect to go to a bowl when you have NO RETURNING STARTERS ON EITHER LINE!! The key is to not get nuked like we did under Doolander. Never quit and keep the game respectable. That is the goal. If this happens, Jones can hold on to recruits. We can start complaining about the lack of O-line productivity next year. They just are not physically there yet.

The defense alone gets us to a bowl game

The defense will give us a greater chance to get to a bowl game. I think we faced the most grueling defense we will face this season , our team hung in there and continue to fight. I do think we will beat some team we shouldn't and will go to a bowl.

Considering the pass protection that was pretty much non-existent, I thought Worley did a great job. Hard to see your receivers when there are 300 lb defensive linemen and linebackers in your face all night.

And............with Eric Striker draped across Worley's back most of the night.

Worley made some bad throws last night, but given that he was hurried, knocked down. Or flat out sacked on about 50% of the plays, I think we can all cut him some slack.

Vols look better than I expected.

That game last night gave me alot of hope....I saw some young players giving it there all.....I saw fight, I saw some kids being over whelmed...but they did not give up....against a very good team....take the mistakes out of the game...and that score and the out come could have been different....

Last edited:
if anything, Justin Worley deserves a standing ovation.

did anyone but me notice that Bob Stoops made a beeline for Worley first to talk to him when the game ended then went to find CBJ.

Worley played his heart out for Tennessee last night and he made me proud to be a VOL !

Listen closely, chilluns - I said it a million times - you CAN'T expect to go to a bowl when you have NO RETURNING STARTERS ON EITHER LINE!!

Last year we had senior o-line viewed to be one of best in the country (3 players in NFL now) and did not make the bowl either - because we could not get few inches running the ball on 4th down vs Vandy. That is the problem - our OC could not get it done with that line either.

Reactions: 1 person

If Worley had not played, we would have lost by 50 or more.

I said 5-7 before the season. Probably 4-8 for first time ever with this o-line.

Based what I have seen thus far, we are staring down the barrel of a 4-8 season. We need SEC O linemen and a new offensive coordinator.

Lol I'm not saying it's all Worley but let's be honest here. The kid is not good!!

Peyton manning wouldn't be any good if he had to play behind this line and depend on Jason Croom to catch passes.

Peyton manning wouldn't be any good if he had to play behind this line and depend on Jason Croom to catch passes.

Peyton would have spent the off-season watching OK films and developed a way to deal with every OK blitz. And he would know which of his receivers could execute what was needed in each situation - because he would work with them individually until they got it right. Lack of similar preparation by our OC (inability to figure out how to neutralize blitzing at least to some extent) is the most disappointing outcome of this game as far as I'm concerned.

Seriously! You must be retarded.
There isn't many guys who'd take the beating he did and come away with what he done. It's kind of hard to blame it Worley when 6'5 receiver's are letting 5'8 DB's take the ball from them.

Attachments

• retard-o.gif
    retard-o.gif
    878.4 KB · Views: 68
O line and play calling killed us. Worley for the most part did his job, hung in there and was tough as nails. He still makes poor decisions at times and unfortunately he made several last night that were very costly. He shouldn't be making this many as a senior. With that being said, he was not the total reason the game went the way it did. Sprinkle in a little poor ref action, making catches you gotta catch, not throwing the pick 6 and tucking and running to get easily to at least the 3-2 yard line, and the game would have ended different.

It's like this. All the years of poor recruiting and coaching instability has led to the woes of the past few seasons, and it takes time to shed a losing mentality and to teach all these young players how to do their jobs. Did OU kick our butts? Yes, but they are very deserving of their #4 ranking, but if you couldn't see the fight our guys put up, then you are blind. And stop bashing Worley unless you have the guts to take the beating he took last night. He made me angry only once last night when he gave up pursuit on the pick 6. The rest of the time, he played his guts out.

Be patient, and enjoy watching the Vols rise.Where you see despair, I see hope. One Saturday afternoon this year,not next year, all Vols fans will realize we are back. Mark it down.

Listen closely, chilluns - I said it a million times - you CAN'T expect to go to a bowl when you have NO RETURNING STARTERS ON EITHER LINE!! The key is to not get nuked like we did under Doolander. Never quit and keep the game respectable. That is the goal. If this happens, Jones can hold on to recruits. We can start complaining about the lack of O-line productivity next year. They just are not physically there yet.

Your screen name prevented me from reading whatever you posted.

:lolabove:You're clueless!:thud:

Peyton would have spent the off-season watching OK films and developed a way to deal with every OK blitz. And he would know which of his receivers could execute what was needed in each situation - because he would work with them individually until they got it right. Lack of similar preparation by our OC (inability to figure out how to neutralize blitzing at least to some extent) is the most disappointing outcome of this game as far as I'm concerned.

In 1996 Tennessee played Florida with a Jr Manning at Tennessee, "Manning wound up with a school-record 492 yards, completing 37 of 65 (a school record for attempts) and throwing four touchdown passes. But in the first half--in other words, when it mattered most--Manning was intercepted four times, twice at the Gator goal line. The four pickoffs were also a school record."

That team went 10-2, so it was a good team. Manning had an amazing second half, but two goal line interceptions....

In 1996 Tennessee played Florida with a Jr Manning at Tennessee, "Manning wound up with a school-record 492 yards, completing 37 of 65 (a school record for attempts) and throwing four touchdown passes. But in the first half--in other words, when it mattered most--Manning was intercepted four times, twice at the Gator goal line. The four pickoffs were also a school record."

That team went 10-2, so it was a good team. Manning had an amazing second half, but two goal line interceptions....

I would agree about the OC though

VN Store

Back