Serious Question Here Guys

How are our Vols supposed to finally beat Florida this year like many have been saying including myself that this is the year we beat them. Not even just Florida...how are we supposed to win an SEC game with Justin Worley making all these dumb decisions? I love my Vols and will always root for them until the end but I think it would be a miracle if we went 6-6 this year. The future is definitely bright but I don't see Worley leading us to a bowl the way the offense is going.

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Vol's won't reach a bowl game without Worley

I'm actually more convinced we beat FL this year after tonight. A few plays and we were in this ball game and we were in wayyyy over heads prior to kick off. The squad never quit and played tough against a superior team. I can't wait for FL this year. Worley may not be elite but he has heart and is tough as nails. Lots of respect for him. We beat FL this year no doubt. F Florida.

Reactions: 6 people
How are our Vols supposed to finally beat Florida this year like many have been saying including myself that this is the year we beat them. Not even just Florida...how are we supposed to win an SEC game with Justin Worley making all these dumb decisions? I love my Vols and will always root for them until the end but I think it would be a miracle if we went 6-6 this year. The future is definitely bright but I don't see Worley leading us to a bowl the way the offense is going.

Are you serious? Worley played well considering the beating he took all game. He has NO PROTECTION and actually did a good job avoiding the pressure and making some plays. He made on mistake tonight on the pick 6, and even that was a good play by the OU linebacker to get a hand on the ball and knock it up for grabs. Receivers dropped a lot of catchable balls and the other interception he threw should have been caught by Croom for a TD as it went right through his hands. The only position group that is not getting it done is the offensive line, and Darr's punts were unacceptable tonight too. Defense had a couple of busted plays that cost us, but for the most part they played really well and kept us in the game. This team fought their butts off for 60 minutes and no one faced more adversity than Justin Worley. He's got things to improve on but I gained a lot of respect for him tonight, and he's the right guy to be leading our offense. I wouldn't have said that a month ago, but he is very much improved from last season.

oh and we suck. we won't beat florida, we wont go bowling. Maybe next year.

You're the biggest negavol troll I've seen in my 3 years of watching and posting on this site. Please do us all a favor and go back to the hole you crawled out of. Your posts bring absolutely nothing to the table, least of all anything thought provoking.

Reactions: 1 person
IMO the O line is young not bad. By end of year I bet we see running averages increase as these kids learn blocking strategies, angles, leverage, etc. Next year a strength..

Our Offensive line is pretty bad. Worley deserves a damn medal for the way he played tonight in my opinion.

Might be a miracle that he actually finished the game at all.

One more note, number 19 on Oklahoma's defense may be one of the best Outside Linebackers I have ever seen on any level. They kept saying how he was undersized but apparently his weight doesn't matter if he can get past everyone trying to block his way to the QB.

Its a learning experience people. Accept that we lost to a more experienced team on their home turf. It happens.

By the way, Florida will lose to us in Knoxville. You can mark that **** down right now.

Reactions: 2 people
Lol has the OP watched Florida? 4OT to kick a field goal against Kentucky..yeah....

IMO the O line is young not bad. By end of year I bet we see running averages increase as these kids learn blocking strategies, angles, leverage, etc. Next year a strength..

I think people are forgetting we played OKLAHOMA..who hasn't sucked in 15 years, and has a bad ass D line.

Man I'm glad I stayed away from here last night. The loss sucks yes, did Worley make mistakes yes. But this loss wasn't on worley, when the dline keys in on the left guard to know when the ball will be snapped your QB is gonna get murdered every time. As far as not winning an sec game come on man. That will be one of if not the best front 7 this team will face all year and all things considered they did an OK job IMO. Couldn't be more proud of the defense they had no help tonight but kept fighting. Now a week off to heal up then on to Athens.

Threads like this one are the reason I stay out of the forum anymore.

This is a question for all of the armchair HC's that know better: Did you stop to count the actual freshman on the field last night? Do you know there were kids last night who had NEVER been on a jet to go anywhere? Do you know how many new kids we had on the travel squad?

Someday TN will stop embarrassing the State of Tenn and the SEC but it will be a few yrs. Hopefully. If this team had anyone else's QB they would at least be competitive though.

Troll much?

JW is fine. No PM, but he is what we have. Our boys didn't embarrass the state of Tennessee.

But your posting sure does!

Am I the only one who thought we played reasonably well given our age, experience and size? Eliminate a handful of mistakes and get a couple calls and suddenly the game is much closer. I didn't see any quit on the field and I'm grateful there were no serious injuries evident. Experience is something you get 5 minutes after you need it. All in all, this was a great experience even though the outcome wasn't considered satisfactory.

Oklahoma might be the best team We see all year. Agreed the Oline looks rough but we ran the ball better than we have all year in the 3rd and 4th qtr. against a stout D. I can really see us going 8-5.

Spot on until your very last sentence. lol

I hope your sight is accurate!

Are you serious? Worley played well considering the beating he took all game. He has NO PROTECTION and actually did a good job avoiding the pressure and making some plays. He made on mistake tonight on the pick 6, and even that was a good play by the OU linebacker to get a hand on the ball and knock it up for grabs. Receivers dropped a lot of catchable balls and the other interception he threw should have been caught by Croom for a TD as it went right through his hands. The only position group that is not getting it done is the offensive line, and Darr's punts were unacceptable tonight too. Defense had a couple of busted plays that cost us, but for the most part they played really well and kept us in the game. This team fought their butts off for 60 minutes and no one faced more adversity than Justin Worley. He's got things to improve on but I gained a lot of respect for him tonight, and he's the right guy to be leading our offense. I wouldn't have said that a month ago, but he is very much improved from last season.

Most accurate summary of the game so far...IMO!

Is this a serious question dude? Not sure you saw the same game as me. Most likely your understanding of the game is elementary at best like a lot of people here on volnation. Worley played solid football last night. He had defenders in his face all night long. How many times did you hear "Stryker's" name called? Yet, Worley was still pretty damn accurate with his passing. A lot of his balls should have been caught or the defenders made great plays. His only really bad decision was his pick 6 in the end zone, but the coaches could have put him in a better situation there with play calling. If we score in this situation then we are down 10 points with 9 min left in the game, not 34-10.

Unlike a lot of you pessimistic folks, I see a young team (especially O-line) that are coming together. They are being led by a solid senior QB on offense and a LB in AJ Johnson on defense. I actually feel better about our team moving forward. Our defense did pretty damn good last night too against a really prolific offense. Only 27 points scored on our guys last night and consider that most of those occured with Oklahoma having field position starting inside the 40 most of the first half! Yea, our guys at going to be alright.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back