Sheriron Jones not even staying for lunch after graduation, heading straight to UT

Jennings running the jet sweep as a threat to run/pass. WOW!!!!:rock::rock:

Got a question about Jennings for anyone that can answer it... If he does not play QB (not writing him off, just curious) will he even have the opportunity to get playing time at safety? Especially if we land JoeJuan and Nigel, it seems like we would be stacked there. Are there any other positions that he has experience in that would be a possibility for him?

If people think Jennings has NFL potential at safety, I can't imagine we wouldn't try him there if he's up for the change. If he's set on being QB, he's likely to transfer, IMO.

If people think Jennings has NFL potential at safety, I can't imagine we wouldn't try him there if he's up for the change. If he's set on being QB, he's likely to transfer, IMO.

He isn't up for the change, at least not yet. That's the problem. The transfer question will answer whether he's more attached to UT or the QB position. I hope it's the former...

I get that he's a 4* and there's no doubt he's talented - hope he does really well here, but does anyone have an idea of why the only PAC12 offer he received were Arizona and Colorado? Not being confrontational, just genuinely curious.

Got one from ASU, as well.

UCLA, USC, Stanford, Washington, and Oregon already had their QB's.

Not sure about the others.

Got one from ASU, as well.

UCLA, USC, Stanford, Washington, and Oregon already had their QB's.

Not sure about the others.

The last QB we picked up that ASU wanted worked out pretty well.

I'm excited to hear about Jones. When he committed, I remember reading that he was the most college-ready of all three QBs. I doubt he will surpass QD in such a short time, but another guy competing for the backup spot is never a bad thing.

Reactions: 1 person
I get that he's a 4* and there's no doubt he's talented - hope he does really well here, but does anyone have an idea of why the only PAC12 offer he received were Arizona and Colorado? Not being confrontational, just genuinely curious.

Everyone saw that he had an offer from UT. Then everyone saw Butch's level of recruiting, then they all gave up.

2017:

Dormady - Junior
Jones - RS Sophomore
Guarantano - RS Freshman

Should be a good competition.

Jennings - Safety

IMHO, Jones appears to be the most talented and well rounded of the three. I like what Dormady showed in the spring but I think Jones was the prize... and I think that CBJ must have thought so too. Otherwise, there was no good reason to add a 3rd QB with other pressing needs.

I'd love to see Jennings at WR so he has the ball in his hands often but agree with you that his future isn't likely at QB- at least not as a Vol.

Do believe Jennings goes to Safety in the near future.This kid just spews confidence the leadership and competetive nature he will bring to UT will make us have some of the best qb depth in college.

It will be interesting to see how outside factors like TIME if all of these guys stay committed and stay if they don't start year one or two and TIME to see who develops, so many factors will go into who is on the field come 2017 and beyond.

No denying if we have the "rated" 2nd best QB in the SEC this year and had a top QB recruiting class with the 3 guys coming in, adding one more for next year by all factors other than actual play and development, finally be set at the QB position from now until 2020. And that is very exciting to think about.

Can I still be greedy and ask for Hunter Johnson in 2017?

Who is the 2017 QB? Dormady, Jennings, Jones, Guarantano, or someone else?

I hope it's 17 in question...not 16. Dobbs will be draft eligible and is going to get a lot of attention this season. I do think we'll be OK because the class will be deep next year and this far, he's not been known for his arm talent. But things can change if he kills it this season.

IMHO, Jones appears to be the most talented and well rounded of the three. I like what Dormady showed in the spring but I think Jones was the prize... and I think that CBJ must have thought so too. Otherwise, there was no good reason to add a 3rd QB with other pressing needs.

I'd love to see Jennings at WR so he has the ball in his hands often but agree with you that his future isn't likely at QB- at least not as a Vol.

I just disagree. We always call swapping these super athletes. I guy being that athletic shouldn't prevent him playing from QB. Just the opposite. He's going to start his career at QB and won't swap until after Dobbs is gone and he ends up being the other two new guys (which I don't think will happen)

I think this kid is better than Dormady. I still believe he'll be our backup this year. This just further validates my confidence in that.

Sheriron Jones may indeed be the Vol's QB of the future or at least be in the mix, cheers Sheriron!
Go Vol's

I touched on this in another thread and all I have is an opinion. The quality of coaching, their staffs, and overall competition in California is at a very high level. You'll see many NCAA programs year in and year out with QBs and other players from that state due to the overall superiority of their hs sports programs and demographics. USC, UCLA, Oregon, & Stanford these days turn their noses up at 4 star players at the skill positions. The 2nd tier PAC schools will take them but a lot of kids want to play at the ,1st tier schools. Sheriron is from Moreno Valley sort of a tough area, out in the Inland Empire close to San Bernardino. I don't know but I can see a youngster in his situation that if he couldn't play in LA or SF area, then he would do a total change of lifestyle and head to where he'll have a lot of greenery around him. I am really pulling for this youngster, hope he keeps his head on straight and becomes a big asset for us.

It is unbelievable how quickly CBJ has turned the corner on recruiting. We are just now set to compete at the highest level, and we already have two amazing classes lined up. What will happen when we start winning big??? I'm ready to see it.

I am glad there are a few realistic people in this thread...everyone in the Dormady thread is crowning him the next King of UT and even saying Dobbs should be worried (Crazy!!!) and completely discounting any other QB on the roster or that may be on the roster in the future. Sheriron Jones will be a beast at UT one day, Dobbs successor. JMO.

Reactions: 2 people
I am glad there are a few realistic people in this thread...everyone in the Dormady thread is crowning him the next King of UT and even saying Dobbs should be worried (Crazy!!!) and completely discounting any other QB on the roster or that may be on the roster in the future. Sheriron Jones will be a beast at UT one day, Dobbs successor. JMO.

Nothing you're saying is true...I'm even questioning your username.

And here I was thinking it was because he had the good sense and discipline to wake up and eat a good healthy breakfast (didn't stay for lunch because he wasn't hungry).....

Lunch eaters don't fit the system! They're great but they'll end up transferring because they're too good. I feel that after two years of eating breakfast, Jones will be ready to shine and take young lunch eater Guarantano under his wing.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back