Shy Tuttle updates?

AMEN. Some of our (apparently) younger VN members are overtly zealous at passing judgment over the young man. What's an appropriate remedy for the situation? There isn't one. Our self-satisfaction will come with him being dominated by each and every Orange-clad warrior who makes legal contact with him. Let's remember that most all UGA fans really, truly believe Chubb was the victim of a dirty hit. We're all subjective, but let's all direct our frustration over Shy's injury by supporting a clean big time ass whoopin' on them dawgs with that boy's tears displayed on national tv.:twocents:

Me likes the sound of that!

Look, I've got kids and many moons ago I was a kid myself. Kids do bonehead things. They just do and yes a young man is still a kid to me. I mean at his age I drank beer and drove my hot rod as fast as it would go. Look at how stupid of a decision that was! I could've killed some family but honestly I'm not a bad guy. Just was young and dumb and made poor decisions.

Truth is GA has had a lot of injuries vs the Vols in the last few years. Wasn't it just a cpl years ago they lost 4 starters against us? Prob blamed our players for them and I know they blame the Vols for Chubb.

Just show him up and make him so mad he puts everything he has into stopping our dline and still he can't do anything about it. That'll belittle a young man. And then the biggest way to hurt him is,..... wait for it......WIN THE FREAKING GAME!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
The only problem is that this POS has a history of cheap-shots at opposing players starting in high school. A Vol fan in GA posted on here after the GA game that this guy targets players and Tut was his latest victim. He said he lived in the area where he went to HS and witnessed first hand. I sincerely doubt he'll learn his lesson from an a$$-beating (unless it were in the parking lot after the game).

Well I hadn't heard that but still don't change how I view intentionally hurting him. If he is a POS for hurting players on purpose(which he would be) then if our player done the same to him wouldn't he be a POS too?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a Tut catching him out, one on one, and whoopin his azz if he feels it's deserved. That would be up to him tho.

The only problem is that this POS has a history of cheap-shots at opposing players starting in high school. A Vol fan in GA posted on here after the GA game that this guy targets players and Tut was his latest victim. He said he lived in the area where he went to HS and witnessed first hand. I sincerely doubt he'll learn his lesson from an a$$-beating (unless it were in the parking lot after the game).
If I saw someone assaulting that young man, or anyone for that matter, I and many others would immediately enter the fray to save the individual from any such attack. Also, unless you're less frail than I'm imagining, you'd need a lot of other anarchistic-minded cohorts to bring that big fella' down. Several years ago I was acquainted with Rocky Goode, who's a Knoxvillian and happened to be a senior SEC official. I remember him addressing the subject of dirty players. He said one of the major "look-out-for" situations they'd always discuss pre-game was the actions of such players on a team's roster. Also, however, Rocky stated that on many occasions vengeance-minded opposing players ended up flagged or even tossed out of games due to their over-zealous attempts at revenge. Butch knows this. The players know this. I'm looking for.......provided we can manage to win.......post-game footage of a soundly defeated, head-hanging, crying pack of dirty dawgs.:popcorn:

"He’s progressing. He’s running. He’s been working out,” Jones said last week during his SEC Car Wash appearance at ESPN headquarters. “He’ll be very limited in training camp. And so we’ll know a little bit more probably mid-August of where he’s at. He’s done a great job of rehabbing his injury, but it was one of those devastating injuries that takes a lot of perseverance to come back from.”

Shy Tuttle's return -- date still uncertain -- key for Tennessee's def - SEC Blog- ESPN

"He’s progressing. He’s running. He’s been working out,” Jones said last week during his SEC Car Wash appearance at ESPN headquarters. “He’ll be very limited in training camp. And so we’ll know a little bit more probably mid-August of where he’s at. He’s done a great job of rehabbing his injury, but it was one of those devastating injuries that takes a lot of perseverance to come back from.”

Shy Tuttle's return -- date still uncertain -- key for Tennessee's def - SEC Blog- ESPN

They're hiding his real injury. I refuse to believe a broken ankle and some torn ligaments could take this long.

They're hiding his real injury. I refuse to believe a broken ankle and some torn ligaments could take this long.

As someone who's done that (broken ankle with torn ligaments), it takes a long time to recover. I was in and out of the boot for about 6 months and then still wasn't fully right for almost another 6 months. Now I didn't have the benefit of UT's training staff but I also only weigh about 240.

As someone who's done that (broken ankle with torn ligaments), it takes a long time to recover. I was in and out of the boot for about 6 months and then still wasn't fully right for almost another 6 months. Now I didn't have the benefit of UT's training staff but I also only weigh about 240.

Thanks for the info.

Didn't think it was that serious considering how Laquon Treadwell came back from a more grusome injury.

Thanks for the info.

Didn't think it was that serious considering how Laquon Treadwell came back from a more grusome injury.

Also consider when you have this severe of an ankle injury you are extremely limited in your lower body strength training. While he is a stud you have to first get the ankle healthy then rebuild the strength.

My guess is they are targeting him to be 100% for UF. Get him limited snaps prior to but that is where we will need him.

I think you are on to something. Should be a simple fix. Nothing complicated about an ankle, thats for sure.

Attachments

• ligament-and-tendons-of-ankle.jpg
    ligament-and-tendons-of-ankle.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: 6 people

I also had the 'tib/fib' broken and all of the ligaments with a grade 3 sprain (torn) Incredibly painful and took 4 months before I could even start to walk. Another 2 before light jogging. The ligaments are what takes so long to heal. Bones are easy. I am very active, run/ workout, etc, and was still getting swelling when I ran miles outside on pavement, at least a year after the surgery. At 300+ lbs, this is going to be a hard recovery for the big guy.

I think you are on to something. Should be a simple fix. Nothing complicated about an ankle, thats for sure.

He fractured his fibula, and torn ligaments in his ankle. That's definitely a big deal, especially for a 310lb person. I merely broke a small ankle bone a few years ago and it was 6 months before I was 100% (and weigh only 200lb). He was out of his boot 6 months later (per a pic on his twitter account) and he's running and working out now. The team isn't hiding anything with this, very normal recovery given the situation.

Reactions: 2 people
He fractured his fibula, and torn ligaments in his ankle. That's definitely a big deal, especially for a 310lb person. I merely broke a small ankle bone a few years ago and it was 6 months before I was 100% (and weigh only 200lb). He was out of his boot 6 months later (per a pic on his twitter account) and he's running and working out now. The team isn't hiding anything with this, very normal recovery given the situation.

CLICK HERE

FHlSdgb5_400x400.jpeg

Niedermeyer...?

DEAD!

KUBLANOW....??!!

DEAD MAN!

12002763.jpeg

This will happen.
Football players don't just forget about dirty play or cheap shots.

Not saying he will intentionally hurt him but he will know his name and probably be taken out got to many penalties...

I take CBJ and staff at their word on Tuttle's recovery. Every one second guessing Shy's situation with their own or somebody they knew is bunk. People recover and respond to treatments at different rates and levels. Add to that the variable level of care that your basic armchair beer swilling 40 or 50 something QB gets versus state of the art daily assistance Shy is getting will mean he returns when he does, not when we hope or think he will or won't.

I assume that Kirby Smart will be working the refs before kickoff reminding them that Kublanow is a marked man and the refs should really watch out for targeting against him.

Disgusting but that is what I would do if I were the UGA coach

I assume that Kirby Smart will be working the refs before kickoff reminding them that Kublanow is a marked man and the refs should really watch out for targeting against him.

Disgusting but that is what I would do if I were the UGA coach

And the ref should reply, We've seen the film, we'll be watching what Kublanow does. :zeitung_lesen:

I take CBJ and staff at their word on Tuttle's recovery. Every one second guessing Shy's situation with their own or somebody they knew is bunk. People recover and respond to treatments at different rates and levels. Add to that the variable level of care that your basic armchair beer swilling 40 or 50 something QB gets versus state of the art daily assistance Shy is getting will mean he returns when he does, not when we hope or think he will or won't.

Like when they continued to say North and Maggitt would be back soon...

Like when they continued to say North and Maggitt would be back soon...

You make a good point, and it does sound slightly familiar to those two cases. But the fact the North was plagued with injuries throughout his whole career, it was hard to say when he would be back to the way he was his freshman year when he actually did well. Maggitt was also injury prone, and his injury last year (a chipped hip bone) I feel like is much more uncommon and hard to gauge what the recovery time would be. Butch has been saying Shy would be ramping up late June/July since the beginning of the spring, and they're right on track with that.

You make a good point, and it does sound slightly familiar to those two cases. But the fact the North was plagued with injuries throughout his whole career, it was hard to say when he would be back to the way he was his freshman year when he actually did well. Maggitt was also injury prone, and his injury last year (a chipped hip bone) I feel like is much more uncommon and hard to gauge what the recovery time would be. Butch has been saying Shy would be ramping up late June/July since the beginning of the spring, and they're right on track with that.

Plus it's been over 9 months since the injury. Unless it's something they're not telling us, broken bones and ligament damage heal by this time.

Plus it's been over 9 months since the injury. Unless it's something they're not telling us, broken bones and ligament damage heal by this time.

He is healed, per Jones and Shoop. They've said he's running and working out, so now it's all about conditioning. He probably won't start, but having Kahlil and Danny O starting until (or maybe through) the Florida game is still a good line up. Obrien is now 6'2 300lbs, it's his senior season and he got a lot of praise this spring for being a workhouse and really being a leader for those D line guys.

Having Vickers, Tuttle and most likely Alexis Johnson as back ups isn't a bad group to be able to choose from.

Reactions: 2 people
He is healed, per Jones and Shoop. They've said he's running and working out, so now it's all about conditioning. He probably won't start, but having Kahlil and Danny O starting until (or maybe through) the Florida game is still a good line up. Obrien is now 6'2 300lbs, it's his senior season and he got a lot of praise this spring for being a workhouse and really being a leader for those D line guys.

Having Vickers, Tuttle and most likely Alexis Johnson as back ups isn't a bad group to be able to choose from.

Not enough players, too many questions right now IMO. It's the one position group, along with WR depth, where we're a bit thin this year.

VN Store

Back