Shy Tuttle updates?

Not enough players, too many questions right now IMO. It's the one position group, along with WR depth, where we're a bit thin this year.

Definitely not an ideal situation, you're right. But if Shoop is feeling good about it, I'm feeling good about it. That's enough for me.

Reactions: 1 person
Side note: concerning Alexis Johnson's disciplinary board, I think it will without a doubt go in his favor. Kids don't get punished severely for misdemeanors. He'll have to take some classes (if he hasn't already) and probably community service. I'm not downplaying his offense, but the fact remains misdemeanors don't get football players kicked out of school.

247 --

"Shy Tuttle is progressing," Jones said. "He'll be limited in August camp. We have to do a great job of making sure he's in shape, but he's been cleared to run. He's worked exceptionally hard, but it's going to be touch and go every day. It's going to be how his body works to heal. Every day, we'll know a little something more. We anticipate him being ready for the first game, but we'll see how that goes.":)

Most positive thing I've heard yet.

They'll be giving Kongbo some reps at DT as well.

Perhaps. Still questionable until we see it IMO. He was recruited as a DE so until we see them switch him over and then see him as a viable option there, it's still a question mark.

That he is running at all means he's bearing weight on it. Cutting and in playing shape no, but able to run and hold his weight in a straight line like on a treadmill, yes. Again my view based on how they handled Maggitt, is how they'll handle Shy. I expect him to be limited in contact during camp and most early practices. It would surprise me little to see him get a few snaps in before the UF game and I suspect he'll be limited in the amount of snaps he plays on 9/24. Time will tell.

Doug Mathews said this morning that he has heard from the staff that the goal is to get Tuttle ready by the Ohio game. Get him snaps vs Ohio with the hopes that he's ready to go and effective vs Florida.

Reactions: 2 people
Doug Mathews said this morning that he has heard from the staff that the goal is to get Tuttle ready by the Ohio game. Get him snaps vs Ohio with the hopes that he's ready to go and effective vs Florida.

That would be best case.

I want him to be 110% vs UGA. It would be sweet justice for him to break the single game sack record.

I'm beginning to really wonder if Tuttle can get back to 100% this year, I sure hope this young man can overcome his injuries........considering how he was cheated by Kublanow's low block

Reactions: 4 people
I'm beginning to really wonder if Tuttle can get back to 100% this year, I sure hope this young man can overcome his injuries........considering how he was cheated by Kublanow's low block

His injury was about as bad as it could get, especially for a guy his size

VN Store

Back