So we hung 59 on Uconn

Yes they are but you want get many to acknowledge it. He had 3 incompletions today with one being dropped. Nico had 4 incompletions throwing half the passes.
The self proclaimed QB gurus on here are never going to give Joe is due.
Anybody wanting a QB change at this point is football illiterate. Hopefully Nico can get some more time against vandy.

Any improvement or weak opponent
I think it was both. Joe and the receivers were clicking like a Swiss watch. The defense speaks for itself. Great game and a great start going into Mizz.

Emptied the bench, got some good quality work for a bunch of corners - we need improvement there in a major way if we’re going to beat Mizzou.

Joe Milton only has 6 incompletions in the last two games, this offense is starting To be what we hoped it would be after last year.
I felt like some of the back up corners showed some skill - closing on plays quickly and limiting meaningful YAC if any. They looked faster and looked like they were diagnosing the play. I think there is some talent in our D-backs of the future. Should be fun to watch. GBO!

We'll need a full 2 halves against Mizzou. Those of you who predicted
a cakewalk at beginning of the year are gonna be surprised. They are legit.
It will be a very tough game for us to win at Mo. home field. Mo. gave Ga all they could handle at Ga. We can win but we must play our a game for four full quarters.

If you have followed Tennessee football for longer than a cup of coffee then you are extremely happy about this performance!!!!
I had no idea a cup of coffee was a time increment. How many glasses of milk does that equal?

Reactions: saxvol
I don't know. All the talk was about how much they fight. They were in a lot of games with everyone else and Tennessee took them apart easily. Not a great one, but a good win.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Yes they are but you want get many to acknowledge it. He had 3 incompletions today with one being dropped. Nico had 4 incompletions throwing half the passes.
The self proclaimed QB gurus on here are never going to give Joe is due.
Or maybe we expect a 6th year senior to play consistently. When Joe is good, people give him props. Nobody expects the freshman to come in and turn the offense into 2022's.

Joe has positioned himself to make a lot of money the next 2 weeks but hopefully he doesn’t think about it like that. He’s doing well because he’s finally playing loose. He’s spent the past 4 years playing like he’s got something to prove. Just relax. Compete. Have fun. And let the cards fall where they may.

It took JCrompton 5.5 years for the lights to come on (and I really like his takes on that podcast these days). A switch flipped in that locker room at halftime of the A&M game because he figured out that he can't passively run a yard short of the sticks for a first down on an offside flag. He's been completely different player since then.

Now, maybe he was carrying this rib injury and we didn't know.

Can we beat Mizzou on the road? The KY win sure helped and GA sure helped us yesterday IMHO. We will need the defense and I tend to think we have actually been saving some things in the blitz game for the next two weeks. We put together a complete game against an outclassed opponent - but we haven't even done that yet this year. Let's hope we aren't one and done in that category. Will make for a very interesting two weeks.

Would love to dethrone the Bulldogs and get to 10 - 2. These Vols can do it. Joe has radically improved; receivers are improving. Can we put two more complete games together against opponents that will require taking the game to them for 60 minutes?

VN Store

Back